Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we going to hit $200?  (Read 1873 times)
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:26:11 AM

Just to remind some of the newer people here that you're a paid shill, probably by rpitelia (hence the reason you both use your picture as your avatar). I worry that someone may actually be impressionable enough to take your postings seriously.
Of "riiiising" and sgbett, one of them has been here since 2011, the other, not quite as long.

generally people who were correct about the prolonged bear market in 2014 were banned last summer/fall for trying to warn others. something to keep in mind.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:27:27 AM

Most likely yes, but not today. I wonder though if hitting $266 will have a significant psychological impact on the markets at this point, since it's  pretty clear that we're still stuck in this long bear trend.

Bitcoin's star is fading, and let's face it, there just really isn't much to be excited about right now. Sentiment is low. When [large company x] accepts bitcoin, it's like, ho hum, no big deal. In 2013 that would be huge news!

Now it's like, the Twinklevoss twins are still working on their ETF. Yes, any day now...

Personally I could give a shit about a bitcoin ETF, so I'm pretty sure nobody else in the general public cares either. That's where we're at.

definitely, whenever I think something, I always assume *everybody* thinks exactly the same as me! the world is so confusing to me if I consider any other possibilities!  Roll Eyes

Aren't you the guy who this morning claimed that the drop was over at $297 and that we'd be $100,000 by the end of this year?

Yeah... don't really care what you have to think.

edit: I found it! This guy claims we'll reach $560,000 by the end of this year!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800330.0

lmao... I can't believe that you haven't started posting under a new account yet.

He's also one of the guys who sent a shitload of money to Mt Gox when the btc price was crashing so hard on that exchange - yeah, he's not the sharpest tool.

I bought goxcoins for cents on the dollar because it looked to me like there was more value to be had there. When the gox bankruptcy concludes and I get zero I am an idiot. If the bankruptcy concludes and I get more back than what I paid, then I was a shrewd investor.

Once again, I know my downside, I know my stake. I know my risk. Outcome is TBC. You can pretend you *know* the outcome all you want, truth is neither of us do.

Until the wave function collapses the position of the particle remains unknown.

Yeah I'm an idiot.  Roll Eyes

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:31:18 AM

Yes, you are an idiot. At the point you sent Gox money it was painfully obvious what was unfolding.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:41:44 AM

Just to remind some of the newer people here that you're a paid shill, probably by rpitelia (hence the reason you both use your picture as your avatar). I worry that someone may actually be impressionable enough to take your postings seriously.
Of "riiiising" and sgbett, one of them has been here since 2011, the other, not quite as long.

generally people who were correct about the prolonged bear market in 2014 were banned last summer/fall for trying to warn others. something to keep in mind.
Your sockpuppet brothers who spam "bitcoin is die WARNING!!1" repeatedly in mock concern, perhaps. There are plenty of bears around who present interesting arguments and engage. In fact, there are plenty of trolls still around, but only the more clever and subtle ones who bother to put in some effort.

Why not try a little harder yourself? Wink

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:43:15 AM

I am surprised that there's so little mention of 'GFC Two.' My mob -- IndiaMikeZulu -- got into cryptos 'cause we see the global economy goin' belly up.

Mark
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:46:09 AM

Yes, you are an idiot. At the point you sent Gox money it was painfully obvious what was unfolding.

I lost money at bitcoinica too. I bet you saw that coming as well.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:46:41 AM

That's the big question, I guess... I'll go with: No. But it could be a close one. I think a magic barrier is going to be $250 and if we break significantly beyond that... who knows. But I don't see anything that warrants a further decline or even failure of Bitcoin as a whole.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:49:20 AM

I hope!
My $ are waiting haha  Grin

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
vicemayor

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:10:16 AM

Some time this year, I have feeling that bitcoin will trade about on par with US dollar at $100 / BTC. Not just because $100 level serves as a 'psychological' bottom but also because for those who do use it for transactions (and have trouble doing simple mathematical currency conversions), $100/BTC is easy even for Forrest Gump.

smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:15:15 AM

in case we hit 200$ it's "good night my darling"
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 03:19:47 AM

Practically I'm not that all worried. When the price goes down, that is the opportunity made available for us to grab bitcoin at cheap price. And at cheap price means something which has the potential to be worth a lot someday is now at a bargain price. I remember during early of the year it was like 600+ and I have double thoughts of whether to spend to get it. Now I don't have any of those feelings or hesitation.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:28:55 AM

Might reach.. but chances are.. 250 USD and it will get up again. My view..

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:55:55 AM

We're not going anywhere lower than this, can't you see this bubble being formed right now? its so obvious that we are going not even to moon, but even further - to the core!

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:41:21 AM

1. if 265 holds, that will be a solid confirmation and an early start of a rally to happen this spring.

2. if 265 breaks, that would also mean that both a multi-year exponential trend *and* the previous rally's ATH are broken, neither of which have happened before, especially at once - and if it does, I would not be surprised to see another 30+% retraction.

My bet, with about 90% confidence, is on the outcome #1, but I won't rule #2 out seeing how thin the market is. Still, my money is at the better probability, so I'm buying here.

But this, for a first time, actually is the defining moment in bitcoin's price history.

i am satoshi
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:20:34 AM

it's impossible to hit $200

$200 is not impossible. $10,000 is not impossible.

Short-term improbable for sure.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:25:26 AM

Sgbett is a valued poster. You are just a troll alt. Pretty transparent to any reader with half a brain.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:28:36 AM

It is extremely difficult to predict the bottom. I am still not sure it has bottomed out! I am even unsure as to why the price is falling, i expected it to rise in the new year but clearly thats not the case. Looks like China has big control over BTC and they are dropping the price to influence panic sells, this is the only thing i can think of atm. I will probably wait for it to hit $250 and then buy some. Anyone know a good place where i can buy BTC for dollars from India, maybe using paypal verified accounts? Localbitcoins are extremely costly for my liking! Grin

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:31:31 AM

Sgbett is a valued poster. You are just a troll alt. Pretty transparent to any reader with half a brain.

Hear hear. Nothing like a small downturn to get the clueless trolls worked up to a lather.

LOL

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool
applesRyummy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:36:59 PM

1. if 265 holds, that will be a solid confirmation and an early start of a rally to happen this spring.

2. if 265 breaks, that would also mean that both a multi-year exponential trend *and* the previous rally's ATH are broken, neither of which have happened before, especially at once - and if it does, I would not be surprised to see another 30+% retraction.

My bet, with about 90% confidence, is on the outcome #1, but I won't rule #2 out seeing how thin the market is. Still, my money is at the better probability, so I'm buying here.

But this, for a first time, actually is the defining moment in bitcoin's price history.
I personally think it is more likely we will see something closer to option 2. If you look at the volume on bitfinex you will see that it has spiked tremendously. This leads me to believe that they are having to sell large positions that were leveraged. This will potentially create a domino affect that more leveraged positions will be liquidated similar to what we saw a few months ago with several $50+ drops at once over several days
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: