Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto is from Europe  (Read 4807 times)
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:11:37 AM

I am very confident that Satoshi Nakamoto is from Europe and not from USA or America or from Asia.
Let me explain how i come to this conclusion. This idea came when i see the time of the first genesis Block. It was established at 18:15:05 GMT.
I am very sure that Satoshi first runs his miner gpu from his apartment. The next logical step is to do this in his personal afternoon relaxing time.
The second evidence is the time that have post in this forum.
If you see this statics
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=statPanel

the time that he has done most of his posts was between 15:00 to 23:00 GMT time. He has near zero posts in the morning job europe zone time from 7 to 12.
I have not search if this few posts that has done from 6:00 7:00 or 9:00 GMT time is from one general day or in that day there is a national holiday in a europe country.
The most popular time that he has done some posts here is 17:00 GMT and that means

19:00 Athens Greece
20:00 Moscow Russia
18:00 Vienna Austria
18:00 Rome Italy
18:00 Berlin Germany
18:00 Paris France

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:26:38 AM

Geeks work at night, spending countless hours in front of the computer behind closed curtains...

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:53:00 AM

I have kids, so I usually work at the library in weekends or in the middle of the night. Many things could explain Satoshis posting times - especially since we KNOW he changed time zones of his files/emails.

However I think you're on a good path. If one were to collect clues like that you could assign probabilities to each clue/location and narrow your search more and more.

If you, like you mention, cross reference special holidays with postings you might get a clue to a single country.

You could also do text analysis for special phrases, sentences or sayings that might be of local nature. I you get really lucky there might be a certain misspelled word or very unique sentence that you could search for and find other avatars posting in the same style of language.

Has anyone for instance compared the wring style of Satoshi and Gavin Andreesen or other early contributors? Being anonymous is time consuming so its not unlikely that he might have merged to a real avartar while just using "Satoshi" for the dangerous stuff.

Have others here considered that the reasoin Satoshi disappeared after Gavins CIA meeting was either:
A: They told him: Dude we know its you chill.
B: Gavin is Satoshi and realized the CIA were kinda cool/not dangerous and stopped his Satoshi activity.
C: CIA knew and threatened him to become an insider.
(D: CIA used Gavin to capture/kill Satoshi - I don't see this as plausible AT ALL.)

I know the common explanation is that Satoshi stopped all contact with Gavin after the CIA meeting, but why? He was already staying anonymous and KNEW someone like the CIA might try to read every email/post he made, so whats the difference?
Even if he felt betrayed by Gavin, why not continue talking to others?
If he felt the Bitcoin project didn't need him anymore, why at that precise time?

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
RockMinerOops

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:56:27 AM

Actually....who cares?

Who Satoshi is or is not does matter at all.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:05:06 AM

Yeah, maybe he posted after work, before work, on his lunch break. Maybe he worked some kind of night-shift and posted when coming home, before going to work, etc. We can't possibly figure out anything based on these observations unfortunately. Or maybe he was studying in the UK or something while releasing Bitcoin initially.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:29:10 AM

old news..

about 4 years ago we figured he had a british based background.. look at the friggin newspaper he quoted in the genesis block....!!!

it wasnt the new york times or the greek, french whatever.. it was a UK newspaper...
also to add the linguistics of his writing from posts and emails, these are not american-english nor is it second language english. its british english.

so thanks for pointing out the timezones of satoshi's posts.. i think even i made a post about this many many months ago, and so again nothing new.

but thanks for trying.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:31:46 AM

Gavin is not Satoshi.  Personality is completely different.

chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:45:09 AM

old news..

about 4 years ago we figured he had a british based background.. look at the friggin newspaper he quoted in the genesis block....!!!

it wasnt the new york times or the greek, french whatever.. it was a UK newspaper...
also to add the linguistics of his writing from posts and emails, these are not american-english nor is it second language english. its british english.

so thanks for pointing out the timezones of satoshi's posts.. i think even i made a post about this many many months ago, and so again nothing new.

but thanks for trying.

I dont think so that the most post for a tech guy to be 17:00 afternoon. this is the most lazy hour for someone especially for a geek person or a professor or...
I like to say that everyone can mask his ip, his id, he can left some fake clues but he cant joke the time. And the time of his post even from his genesis block is here. Compare them with a real life of everyone person. I think the key to find the country of Satoshi Nakamoto is the few morning post and the days that they do them

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
merockstar

Activity: 203

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:30:39 AM

(D: CIA used Gavin to capture/kill Satoshi - I don't see this as plausible AT ALL.)

satoshi emerged to point out that he's not dorian nakamoto, so he's probably still alive.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:45:39 AM

satoshi emerged to point out that he's not dorian nakamoto, so he's probably still alive.

It might be a good idea to create a fake person claiming he is satoshi, then have the real one point out he is not that guy. We will continue to know he is alive.

I am very confident that Satoshi Nakamoto is from Europe and not from USA or America or from Asia.
Let me explain how i come to this conclusion. This idea came when i see the time of the first genesis Block. It was established at 18:15:05 GMT.
I am very sure that Satoshi first runs his miner gpu from his apartment. The next logical step is to do this in his personal afternoon relaxing time.
The second evidence is the time that have post in this forum.
If you see this statics
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=statPanel

the time that he has done most of his posts was between 15:00 to 23:00 GMT time. He has near zero posts in the morning job europe zone time from 7 to 12.
I have not search if this few posts that has done from 6:00 7:00 or 9:00 GMT time is from one general day or in that day there is a national holiday in a europe country.
The most popular time that he has done some posts here is 17:00 GMT and that means

19:00 Athens Greece
20:00 Moscow Russia
18:00 Vienna Austria
18:00 Rome Italy
18:00 Berlin Germany
18:00 Paris France

You never know. He might be travelling then . Anything is possible. Smiley
coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:57:32 AM

There is No Satoshi Nakamoto as a person he is actually three people under one name

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:00:02 AM

There is No Satoshi Nakamoto as a person he is actually three people under one name

how did you came into such conclusion?
coinmaster222

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:03:00 AM

because I know who two of them are from working on bitgold but there was another I dont know but have a vague idea

Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:08:27 AM

He is english, im sure
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:09:13 AM

It's hard to say, we can't come conclusion either.

"Satoshi Nakamoto" is actually a Japanese name ,so it's believed satoshi is a Japanese.

And Satoshi might be a group instead of a person, I can imagine how hard to creat such big thing by on-man.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:10:56 AM

He is english, im sure

Definitly. He definitely speaks English, and very good english at that. He could also be a Japanese born in America/Europe, but it's certain he speaks good english.

"Satoshi Nakamoto" is actually is Japanese name ,so it's believed satoshi is a Japanese.

I personally think Satoshi is a Japanese born in America.

coinmaster222

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:11:37 AM

everyone denies it but I most certainly know two of the three and my guess for the third would be Wei Dai

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:53:14 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 06:31:38 AM by Katsou

"Satoshi Nakamoto" is actually a Japanese name ,so it's believed satoshi is a Japanese.

that's ridiculous (no offense). look at my name; despite its Japanese origin I'm not Japanese
you seriously think that whoever Satoshi is, he would use his real name? I don't think so

I'm 90% sure that Satoshi is from UK. his English is outstanding, and he said the words bloody hard and grey once or twice.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 06:19:30 AM

It's difficult to make a conclusion based on some general assumption. Regardless of time zone, geeks usually stay awake and work throughout the night, but that doesn't mean they share the same preferences as he/she could prefer working during morning or afternoon.

needFREElunch

Activity: 196

Hi

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:32:32 AM

-snip-
-snip-

I would somewhat doubt that he only worked 5 hours per day. For someone as smart as him this is a very small amount of time to be working every day considering the standard work week is generally at least 35 hours (or 7 hours plus lunch per day)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: