Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD CODE  (Read 497 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:39:19 AM

Every PoS coin is being cloned from a clone of a clone. Most PoS coins are still based on code from late 2012 up to mid 2013, only a few are late 2013 and maybe 1 or two 2014.

Noone has tried to update the source to level with bitcoin, except Balthazzar on the novacoin unstable branch, and even that is still very behind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:45:02 AM

Every PoS coin is being cloned from a clone of a clone. Most PoS coins are still based on code from late 2012 up to mid 2013, only a few are late 2013 and maybe 1 or two 2014.

Noone has tried to update the source to level with bitcoin, except Balthazzar on the novacoin unstable branch, and even that is still very behind.

Why would people want to do anything different when people mine and buy the same churned out garbage?

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:57:41 AM

Virtually everything in Bitcoin and most alt coin software is foreign to Wall Street and Corporate America...
It was written by a penniless, reclusive super-geek... and is more/less unchanged since 2009.

Let's look at a fantastic market for Bitcoin...
The 100,000 day traders on the Interactive Brokers TWS platform...

The TWS platform runs on Windows in the Java environment...
There is no Linux version, no QT, no massive open source libraries, no JSON, no text based APIs, etc...
Security is AT LEAST 1000 fold stronger as it depends on hardware Security Devices + insurance.

Here you get the entire downside of the anon/cryptographic Egghead world...
But the joke is on you because Bitcoin/Alts are neither secure nor anonymous.

I constantly expect my $50,000 or so in crypto to get fucking stolen...
But when I had as much as $5,000,000 at Interactive Brokers I never spent one minute worrying about security.

So professionals with $$$$$ look at Bitcoin...
And are expected to go from Corporate Grade security to something out of 1998. For what?

In Crypto, NXT is the closest thing to a Real World platform or will be in 6 months...
Meanwhile, standalone Alts are going to become relics and hobbies.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:01:31 AM

Incorrect

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:11:11 AM

Virtually everything in Bitcoin and most alt coin software is foreign to Wall Street and Corporate America...
It was written by a penniless, reclusive super-geek... and is more/less unchanged since 2009.

Let's look at a fantastic market for Bitcoin...
The 100,000 day traders on the Interactive Brokers TWS platform...

The TWS platform runs on Windows in the Java environment...
There is no Linux version, no QT, no massive open source libraries, no JSON, no text based APIs, etc...
Security is AT LEAST 1000 fold stronger as it depends on hardware Security Devices + insurance.

Here you get the entire downside of the anon/cryptographic Egghead world...
But the joke is on you because Bitcoin/Alts are neither secure nor anonymous.

I constantly expect my $50,000 or so in crypto to get fucking stolen...
But when I had as much as $5,000,000 at Interactive Brokers I never spent one minute worrying about security.

So professionals with $$$$$ look at Bitcoin...
And are expected to go from Corporate Grade security to something out of 1998. For what?

In Crypto, NXT is the closest thing to a Real World platform or will be in 6 months...
Meanwhile, standalone Alts are going to become relics and hobbies.

1) Windows will never be secure. Bitcoin is secure and cross platform, any alt that maintains the most basic rules follows.
2) Security of Bitcvoin vs these things of yours is actually 1 000 000  times grater if not more
3) Your money will get stolen, definitely because you clearly cant use the security of BTC and related alts properly.
4) Your professionals are professional thieves, that insurance is money backing by Banks....which when they don't have the money comes out of your pocket in bail-outs....chew on that while you praise one of the most broken systems in the world.
5) LOL NXT?Huh??  You sir clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:12:51 AM

check out the nem beta.. complete opposite to what your describing.

https://forum.nemcoin.com/beta-launch-discussion/nem-beta-0-4-48/

https://medium.com/@xtester/the-new-economy-movement-fb9bb67eb9fe

So you want to advertise NEM to ME now? Do tell me how any of those links is a response to my statement.
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:37:46 AM

check out the nem beta.. complete opposite to what your describing.

https://forum.nemcoin.com/beta-launch-discussion/nem-beta-0-4-48/

https://medium.com/@xtester/the-new-economy-movement-fb9bb67eb9fe

So you want to advertise NEM to ME now? Do tell me how any of those links is a response to my statement.

because your basically saying theres no innovation among alt coins... im disproving that.. Smiley
No you were trying to advertise, and you did  not answer his question.

For the most part i agree with barwizi. Which is why i have been working on an updated base.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: