Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:46:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A terrible day for cryptos...  (Read 3560 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:15:50 PM

My prediction by the end of 2015;

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

most other alts staying bottom dwellers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:19:11 PM

The original intended purpose of using scrypt was to allow miners to mine both Bitcoin and Litecoin at the same time.[15] The choice to use scrypt was also partially to avoid giving advantage to video card (GPU), FPGA and ASIC miners over CPU miners.

Due to Litecoin's use of the scrypt algorithm, FPGA and ASIC devices made for mining Litecoin are more complicated to create and more expensive to produce than they are for Bitcoin, which uses SHA-256.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin

I don't need even look that far...

and nothing you quoted states ltc was made to avoid asics, again because at the time of creation asics wasn't an issue, ltc may have been created to be gpu resistant but it wasn't created to be asics resistant., and any of that was only a side benefit at the time and no major point to its creation.

Keep twisting arguments won't change that you were wrong.

I'm not wrong, litecoin wasn't created to avoid asics, thats a fact.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:21:38 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

Either you are doing some epic trolling, in which case I would say congrats for keeping such a straight face. Or you are seriously deluded in which case I suggest you seek help. I am serious, you still can make a huge profit if you invest wisely and not get blinded.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:29:49 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

Either you are doing some epic trolling, in which case I would say congrats for keeping such a straight face. Or you are seriously deluded in which case I suggest you seek help. I am serious, you still can make a huge profit if you invest wisely and not get blinded.

hell I say that about bitcoin and I don't have or intend on acquiring any bitcoin, nor am I a fan of bitcoin, wall street will pump it that there is little doubt..
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:32:48 PM

The choice to use scrypt was also partially to avoid giving advantage to video card (GPU), FPGA and ASIC miners

You can read right ?

And one more thing since you have no idea of economy, so you create a technology which build on the idea to have it hard time to produce blocks with less energy.
BUT THEN you still go to ascis because SCRYPT uses a whole  lot more energy to produce blocks.

The flaw was from the start in the Scrypt idea because they didn't even know it would made it that far. Planing for the future is key in producing these kind of infrastructure.

seriously it was gpu resistant, everyone at that time said gpu mining would killl ltc, it happened and it didn't kill it, made the network more secure, then asics came along and everyone used that bs argument it was created to be asics resistant, and asics would kill it....and it didn't....research history, research charlie lee how when why and where of ltc's creation.....

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:36:58 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

I think that is not possible anymore. Too many "alternatives" are available and lot of BTC bag holders are moving towards crypto to increase their earning. Many are looking at BTC as innovation that was given to us by Satoshi and our job is to make it better by copying its code and add something to it. You can't get glued to BTC. It's job is done. There are many crypto that are 100x better than BTC as far as technology is concerned.

BTC will always be here because it's easier to convert it to fiat. Everything has a purpose in life and that was BTC purpose.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:42:27 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

I think that is not possible anymore. Too many "alternatives" are available and lot of BTC bag holders are moving towards crypto to increase their earning. Many are looking at BTC as innovation that was given to us by Satoshi and our job is to make it better by copying its code and add something to it. You can't get glued to BTC. It's job is done. There are many crypto that are 100x better than BTC as far as technology is concerned.

BTC will always be here in our memories.

been around this forum, trading in and out of these shitcoins, and I'm yet to see a single innovative new crypto lol

'innovations' just the term to sell suckers into the latest alt scam.

the more shitcoins the greater the chance ltc will succeed, and become most peoples goto alt.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:50:15 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

been around this forum, trading in and out of these shitcoins, and I'm yet to see a single innovative new crypto lol

the more shitcoins the greater the chance ltc will succeed, and become most peoples goto alt.

man I hope you are correct ..i have a batch 1 knc titan no roi no refund from www.kncminers.com....so if (not counting elec i'd lose a month say 140 usd ie just out of stubborness..it makes a dandy space heater) i can get 1000 LTC out of the beast..that would be great

hell $11 for an LTC coin would be great but at 2.17 usd  at 6 LTC a day at 305mh on www.litecoinpool.org.... er not so great

but with this 1st batch Titan even thou advertised as an ALT COIN MINER really is only stable with LTC from what I've tried and seen told on forums by others....so kinda stuck with LTC
now with last firmware...to try to get at least..... if lucky (my alt coin stuff is a biz) 1/2 of my orig purchase price back eventually with equip depreciation and whatever  the frack i can mine ..ie string this rubber band out maybe to 1000 LTC before i have to shut it off (at around 350 LTC now) due to elec costs and difficulty

anyway long odds indeed....but on the flip side BTC could be worth 2.17 usd end of 2015 and all alts including LTC could be toast

we will be the first to know (as i run my last home miner down to doorstop status...it does again however make a dandy space heater!)

so it goes

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:54:06 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

Lot of crypto have learned lot of things from BTC..just look around. URO, BC, SDC and many more. There will be many more in 2015 and only few will be selected. By the time we reach 2018 we'll have good selection of crypto. BTC is godfather..just like newton, einstein, graham bell & shakespear. We have to take the idea satoshi gave us and keep making it better.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:58:56 PM

Every single major crypto is down in the double digits. The price of a single bitcoin has reached its lowest point in 14 months. What's going on here?

Capitulation? Bitcoin has failed to make the most of its 15 minutes (12+ months) of fame and has not met the challenge of adoption. Neither has any altcoin, yet. Sometimes you have to go down to go up. Maybe this is what gets devs and the wider community to be more serious about what we should all be striving for here.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:05:37 PM

Every single major crypto is down in the double digits. The price of a single bitcoin has reached its lowest point in 14 months. What's going on here?

The only cryptos in the top 50 that have gone up in the past 24 hours are 17. Marinecoin (979 percent but with <1 BTC volume), 24. BitcoinDark (0.57 percent), and 48. Unobtanium (16.46 percent).

nothing we can do but hedge our bets and convert some crypto to fiat.  i personally like holding bitstamp.USD in ripple for easy conversion back to crypto.  also bought some nubits for the same reason.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:19:02 PM

could be the beginning of the end.

Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

You've got to be kidding.
conteaza

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:51:15 PM

The only cryptos in the top 50 that have gone up in the past 24 hours are 17. Marinecoin (979 percent but with <1 BTC volume), 24. BitcoinDark (0.57 percent), and 48. Unobtanium (16.46 percent).
Stop panicking people this is not the first and last day  with such prices on market.
Have a little patience..
VectorChief

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:57:35 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 07:20:53 PM by VectorChief

Bitcoin >$USD4000

Litecoin >$USD200

You are fighting a good fight, kelsey.

Simplicity and stability of the rules with enough degrees of freedom for competition (PoW) is the only innovation that a good money system needs. Everything else will be provided on top of that.

Bitcoin is an icebreaker, Litecoin is a light beacon - together they show the way.
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:01:58 PM

Stop panicking people this is not the first and last day  with such prices on market.
Have a little patience..
Yes that is true but as usual some people need to buy BTC in lower than that prices.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:57:50 PM

he is delusional nothing special.

funny though anyone been around long enough has seen the same ol cycle before, triggered by manipulation then the sheep stampede for the door, then soon enough a pump cycle to a new high.

etf listing will be the excuse for the pump, dumps just for those to stock up before  Wink

but you guys dribble in this little backwater scamcoin forum section matters not, this sections avoided by most crypto enthusiasts except the scammers and those suckered in believe the next big thing hype cause they perceive they can get rich quick off it.

good luck with ur shitcoin each new one dilutes ur chances....but keep telling yourselves its 2.0. or innovative or anon or whatever flavor of the weeks popular.
DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:06:01 PM

Everybody just needs to calm down and realize:
There is only the pump.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
Korlic

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:17:44 PM

Unobtanium has been on a nice, steady rise since July.

#1 Hodler
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:49:47 PM

Well, when cryptos finally hit the floor they will surely rebound again... crap and scam coins are an exception

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: