Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price drop : bitcoinners happy ?  (Read 8894 times)
rikfredsy (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:18:08 AM

Hello all ,
Why people are happy about the prices drop
I ask a miner he said that he is happy too why ? his profile will drop also

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:47:49 AM

Hello all ,

He must be high....Mining is like a business, if your expense is greater than your income you will go out the business, well in this case the mining.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:14:03 AM

I'm happy for the drop in Bitcoin to USD price.

• Lower price means lower barrier to entry for new users
  • Lower price potentially allows others to get in at low prices (IF that to-the-moon talk becomes a reality)
  • Lower price puts to shame all the people who declared with absolute certainty that the price would just continue to grow and grow in 2014, without any sort of basis of fact for them to make that call

H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:17:21 AM

I'm happy for the drop in Bitcoin to USD price.

• Lower price means lower barrier to entry for new users
  • Lower price potentially allows others to get in at low prices (IF that to-the-moon talk becomes a reality)
There is high probability of that the newcomers are scared out of bitcoin. But exceptionally for the faithful bitcoiners, they will be happy to accumulate thier bitcoin stash.

btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:30:11 AM

maybe he plans on buying at these low levels and also hoping difficulty will drop.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Talor

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:55:04 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 01:50:32 AM by Talor

To be honest, I do not understand for the price,too.

htc desire eye hülle
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:39:17 AM

As a miner, I don't like the price drop at all. I feel it will drop to $250 over night. If that is the case it will no longer be feasible for me to mine. I will have to switch off my miners and see how things flow out. I don't mind if the current BTC I have will drop to something worthless but I will not lose money running miners for nothing.

There is no reason to be happy. This will turn off a lot of miners. If we lose a big portion of the hashing power, how much power will there be before transactions take too long to process. New people will not be getting in either since the risk of being scammed is quite high and the returns are low. There are FAR too many people using online wallets, keeping their BTC online.

WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:54:54 AM

As a miner, I don't like the price drop at all. I feel it will drop to $250 over night. If that is the case it will no longer be feasible for me to mine. I will have to switch off my miners and see how things flow out. I don't mind if the current BTC I have will drop to something worthless but I will not lose money running miners for nothing.

There is no reason to be happy. This will turn off a lot of miners. If we lose a big portion of the hashing power, how much power will there be before transactions take too long to process. New people will not be getting in either since the risk of being scammed is quite high and the returns are low. There are FAR too many people using online wallets, keeping their BTC online.

Bingo. The above poster that mentioned his miner friend was "happy" -- that's an anomaly. Maybe that person is planning to buy coins cheap at a scale larger than his mining operation. Because otherwise, miners have nothing to be happy about.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:10:09 AM

Well I am not happy with the drop. But then again who knows what Bitcoin will do in 5-10 years.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:30:25 AM

The network is far bigger then needed atm. The big problem with bitcoin, the hardware armswar, will be contained a bit by this. That's why the miner from the OP is happy. You needn't worry about slow transactions, the bitcoin network grew much too fast, because of the hardware armswar. Satoshi himself warned after the development of ASIC, that ASIC companies should agree to a gentlemen's agreement that the HW slowly be turned up, yet we all know how that went.... In my view, the problem with bitcoin is that we as a people are not ready for the responsibility the decentralization of bitcoin (crypto)tech provides us. It's way ahead of time, because the revolution on moral grounds to end corporatism that's destroying our only planet hasn't started yet... The tech is here, yet the will and the sheeple aren't ready yet.

In that way it makes me think about communism, if people were perfect and really equal in their hearts, communism is the perfect system, yet man is not perfect, and therefore communism can't succeed, because greed makes people wanna have more than the other. It's also a shame that the biggest movement that wants to change that, Zeitgeist, doesn't see bitcoin/crypto as a way to distribute wealth equally, yet as purely as a new kind of money, which they wanna abolish in the resource-economy. I think crypto IS the way to be in resourced-based economy, no manipulation, fairness by protocol, only the distribution will be the challenge Smiley

wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:58:03 AM

I am not unhappy. I never bought BTCs but now I am thinking I might put some savings into it.
I will see for a few days to see whether this is the bottom.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:58:56 AM

No way a miner could be happy. He needs to take care of fixed cost like electricity and hardware depreciation factor or else no point for the guy to continue mining. On another note, if we look at it positively...

As price drops, I hope it will reach the state of equilibrium of neither being overpriced or undervalued, this will deter speculators from causing price volatility
Give a chance for newbies who were previously hesitant about bitcoin, a chance to grab some stash of bitcoin or in other words, helps coin distribution

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:05:27 AM

Hello all ,
If you believe bitcoin, the low price means you can buy more bitcoin with same money.
It will come back anyway. Grin Grin Grin
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:58:57 AM

I'm happy if i can buy bitcoin while the price low & after that the price become high again Grin
Most of bitcoiner will think so too

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:02:48 PM

I'm happy if i can buy bitcoin while the price low & after that the price become high again Grin
Most of bitcoiner will think so too

The problem is the price is on a constant decline so no matter what price you buy in there seems to always be a lower price incoming within a month. Hopefully after the weekend it jumps up to 300. Guess we are back into drops on weekends
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:07:13 PM

The weak holders who aren't going to be here long term or bought too high are being driven out, this will mean something interesting is going to happen to the price in the next couple of months.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:24:19 PM

People who are looking to buy themself some extra coins are happy, yes.

Don't think miners are that happy with current price decline.
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:25:14 PM

Now we can buy more bitcoin for cheap!

elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:58:36 PM

Now we can buy more bitcoin for cheap!
if you did not buy it on 600 dollars then its good but there were people who thought it will raise from it and bought back then now its almost 2x down
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:57:58 PM

Game over, electricity bills is higher then bitcoin I mine, so why is everyone so happy about making losses?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: