Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:11:46 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 11:35:03 PM by Devin Chow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:28:14 AM

Plausible but tracable. blockchain can be checked for that sort of activity. The trick would be to see where all the unloads are coming from. Who is selling and why. Big fish wallets most likley. Could be to drive the pressure down to get more. OR to just tank bitcoin. Again the why after the who would need to be established. Follow the money. And in bitcoin it is possible to follow the money.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
TrollinU

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:30:03 AM

Thoughts?
You're an idiot. They would be better off trading with their profit since they have the inside track on all orders on their exchange.

TrollinU

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:39:15 AM

Thoughts?
You're an idiot. They would be better off trading with their profit since they have the inside track on all orders on their exchange.

Well, aren't you a meanie pants today?

You're right, and I'm sorry  Embarrassed
But this is just ridiculous

TrollinU

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:59:10 AM

You're right, and I'm sorry  Embarrassed
But this is just ridiculous

Is it...really?

There's something more to these price swings...and no, it's not just "bearwhales" dumping coins.

Within the next 45 days there will be another pump, followed by decline. These markets are being manipulated. By whom and to what extent remains to be seen, but they most definitely are.

I am speculating here...this is the Speculation forum, right?

Of course it's manipulated. We've all known that for a few years. But I don't think it's the exchanges... At least not how you would think. In China they cheat the volume by buying/selling to themselves with feeless trading. BFX may actually have something mildly nefarious going on, but I can't put my finger on it yet. Bitstamp and btce look to be just doing their thing. Bitstamp didn't move at first while china was dumping. Bitstamp didn't care. China eventually came back to meet Bitstamp in price. No one goes anywhere without bitstamps say so. They don't lead in most cases, but they do allow or deny the move before it gets out of control.

I said it in my first post, they would be better off trading with the trend and making real money than to stir up some volatility for pennies. They have access to every order on their book. They can cross reference that with profitability of traders and either play with or against them depending on the set up

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:20:19 AM

Of course it's manipulated. We've all known that for a few years. But I don't think it's the exchanges... 

Not possible. They are, at a minimum, complicit.

There's no transparency. They'd be fools not to be!

If you believe this then why the hell you mess w Bitcoin?  You can't win a rigged game
applesRyummy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:11:30 PM

Plausible but tracable. blockchain can be checked for that sort of activity. The trick would be to see where all the unloads are coming from. Who is selling and why. Big fish wallets most likley. Could be to drive the pressure down to get more. OR to just tank bitcoin. Again the why after the who would need to be established. Follow the money. And in bitcoin it is possible to follow the money.
It is 100% impossible to trace why a certain person is selling. This information is only stored in a person's head and they more often then not will not want to disclose such information.

I would somewhat doubt that the prices are manipulated by the exchanges. The fact that exchanges have competition and that people try to arb the difference in price between exchanges will prevent this from ever being successful 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: