Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:12:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So has bitcoin proved once and for all that TA is a pseudoscience?  (Read 670 times)
thms (OP)

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:39:19 AM

even those people who spent hundreds of pages discussing TA trying to predict btc price are now mostly gone.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:48:22 AM

even those people who spent hundreds of pages discussing TA trying to predict btc price are now mostly gone.

Where did we go?
I stopped posting my charts because it began to move the market due to front running my calls. Luc still posts when the action is here. S3052 felt the need to bump his thread today because the action returned... It's just that sideways ranges makes trading boring and the draw down grow. The whole spec forum quiets down during low volatility. It's nothing new.

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:49:33 AM

I use TA and I always predicted a bear market.  But to be fair by bearish didn't come from TA, it came from just observing this scene. And reminded me of the penny stock scene
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:57:07 AM

doing TA with clear eye on fundamentals is not pseudoscience but these bulls here forgot to look at the fundamental data - they exclusively look at charts so it fails.
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:53:47 PM

doing TA with clear eye on fundamentals is not pseudoscience but these bulls here forgot to look at the fundamental data - they exclusively look at charts so it fails.

Also, I think if you try make predictions w TA you're doing it wrong.  All I use it for is to tell me the present by looking at the past.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:59:38 PM

Well I don't know whether it is pseudoscience. There actually are patterns that repeat pretty reliably. At least the old effect of the self-fulfilling prophecy is real: If a lot of people believe in TA and watch similar indicators, they're bound to do the same thing at the same time, resulting in the outcome they expect.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:19:44 PM

The prices they jerk off over are mainly based on exchanges run by crooks, children or both at the same time.

Even if there was something to it, you can't do much when a tiny number of people have control over the price and can move it at will.

I think this year is when we finally might see the emergence of a market that's somewhat based on reality.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: