Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hold or dump?  (Read 3134 times)
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:44:24 PM

dump while it still lasts.
Alternatively invest in alts which would survive the imminent downfall of btc instead of dumping to these shit fiat-prices.
There's some nice alts for hedge.

Also doesn't hurt to be in fiat partly - buying back in is the click of a button.

Not sure anyone is going to take a newb called altcoin hitler seriously, but if it's one thing I know there's currently no alts worth investing in and you'd likely have a better chance of losing your money. Just ride the storm out with bitcoin and you will be rewarded eventually.
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:05:00 PM

This pattern will keep repeating itself we are in the middle of peaks at this very moment and after time again to new heights. No reason why this would not happen again network keeps growing on and on.

dillusional.jpeg

We're not even close to the bottom yet. This is basic economics 101.

The bubble has burst last year, don't create illusions. This pattern will surely repeat itself, but in a another reckless scheme.

Illusions? LOL.  We're not even in the despair phase yet.  Look, hold if you want to...but facts are facts.  Bitcion is crashing and has been crashing steadily since last year, and the bottom has not been reached yet.

Hold only if you can stand to lose what you have invested.  Advising anyone to do the opposite is both shameless and irresponsible given the current market conditions.  Then again, pumpers will always be around to try and lure the fish in.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:37:52 PM

Not sure how to put it into words but just ponder for a moment....If you hold on to it right now what else do you have to lose? If you sell out now, basically you have confirmed your fate. Either way, you are just mitigating the losses.

Not true. If he sells now, there is also the potential that he could buy in lower.
GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:43:21 PM

This pattern will keep repeating itself we are in the middle of peaks at this very moment and after time again to new heights. No reason why this would not happen again network keeps growing on and on.

dillusional.jpeg

The bubble has burst last year, don't create illusions. This pattern will surely repeat itself, but in a another reckless scheme.

Illusions? LOL.  We're not even in the despair phase yet.  Look, hold if you want to...but facts are facts.  Bitcion is crashing and has been crashing steadily since last year, and the bottom has not been reached yet.

Hold only if you can stand to lose what you have invested.  Advising anyone to do the opposite is both shameless and irresponsible given the current market conditions.  Then again, pumpers will always be around to try and lure the fish in.

I don't think hold is a good idea. I've commented the black chart showing we are near the strongest uptrend, which is basically not true. I personally believe that the price may rise to $600-$700 by the end of this year if certain conditions are satisfied, but that's yet to see if this turns into reality.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:46:39 PM

precious metals is different. it's been valued since the mayans and egyptians. as long as society is still civilized and trading you can never go wrong holding those type of goods.
Just consider this as bitcoins... "Great Depression".  This is the part where the bitcoin nonbelievers will disappear Cheesy
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:19:13 PM

Not sure how to put it into words but just ponder for a moment....If you hold on to it right now what else do you have to lose? If you sell out now, basically you have confirmed your fate. Either way, you are just mitigating the losses.

Not true. If he sells now, there is also the potential that he could buy in lower.

Get the cash or most of it into the bank, no brainer Grin
GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:29:19 PM

Banks aren't safe anymore, use a shoe box instead.
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:29:46 PM

Banks aren't safe anymore, use a shoe box instead.

Or mattress, LOL Smiley
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

dillusional.jpeg

Dont forget mtgox bots, these pump was irreal with fake money and fake btc

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 04:31:51 PM

i also think that $1100 jump was either.....

A) MTgox trying to manipulate the market fraudulently for profit.

B) government or big money trying to test/crash the system.

i don't think we will ever reach those numbers again.

It was set clear in several posts that the MtGox pump happened as they were trading always like 5%+ above any other exchange also.

BTW, check out rpietila's bitcoin savings plan:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0
http://bitcoinsavingsplan.com/
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:33:08 PM

When in doubt: Panic hold  Undecided I know, it sounds like a weird thing, but if you really aren't sure what to do, it's best not to act on emotions. Think about what to do thoroughly and don't act irrationally. I must have lost a ton of BTC on emotions already...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:42:42 PM

i also think that $1100 jump was either.....

A) MTgox trying to manipulate the market fraudulently for profit.

B) government or big money trying to test/crash the system.

i don't think we will ever reach those numbers again.

wasn't china fault, when they enter the game?

now they left and we are returning to 100 dollar range, slowly
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:28:01 PM

But you need to add a 0 to 1163, then it will be an accurate measurement.
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:38:55 PM

I'd have dumped a long time ago if I was you, but at this point i'd wait to see if it bounces to 300, dump a few, ride out the rest or something.

Even if you don't believe in btc at all and if the whole bot manipulation thing is true, is there some unwritten law that no one is allowed to do the same scam twice or a different one for that matter?
Maybe they are waiting for the gox shit to finally fully play out and then they will evaluate the consequences.  Maybe they are just some super rich asshole, trying to become richer.  Rest assured, it will happen again when the scammer can hide behind reasoning for the huge surge in buy orders.  

The illicit marketplaces will grow over time as well.    
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:39:01 PM

You bought/mined all your coins in the $2 range and you are already up how many tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars? This is about the least stressful question I've ever read on this forum, who the fuck cares if you hold or dump? you are already a huge winner - good for you.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:57:55 PM

You bought/mined all your coins in the $2 range and you are already up how many tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars? This is about the least stressful question I've ever read on this forum, who the fuck cares if you hold or dump? you are already a huge winner - good for you.

Selling and making 100,000$ is not the same as selling and making 1,000,000$ or 10,000,000$. It matters a lot for him.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 06:10:31 PM

what if its winklevos dropping all coisn to buy back cheap for their trust fund? Smiley

question is not to hold or dump, question is - how many more should we buy!

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:59:17 PM

Selling and making 100,000$ is not the same as selling and making 1,000,000$ or 10,000,000$. It matters a lot for him.

Sorry all those who bought over $500 this year aren't tripping over themselves to help this poor guy with this tough decision.
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:02:43 PM

what if its winklevos dropping all coisn to buy back cheap for their trust fund? Smiley

question is not to hold or dump, question is - how many more should we buy!

They wouldn't do that in my opinion. The are real Bitcoiners and with such a movement they could destroy the market fast.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:04:06 PM

Hump
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: