Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:07:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USD investments with guaranteed ROI?  (Read 522 times)
ObscureBean (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:40:39 PM

Hey guys. So far I've been investing in crypto only, I usually put some money aside every month or so for BTC. But this year I'd like to invest some USD in non-crypto related companies.
I'm thinking of something simple and safe where I can just invest say $500 and have a guaranteed ROI after a few months. I don't have any idea where to start though. What should I invest in? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!  Smiley
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:44:18 PM

Stay the fuck away from the U.S markets, invest in countries like Canada and so on that are keeping their distance from the dollar I would always say that cryptocurrencies, gold and silver are your best bet but if you are comfortable investing then go for it, what I would do is wait for a crash because even the countries dumping the dollar will be affected and it will be easy to buy up otherwise expensive international companies.
KenJackson

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:49:54 PM

But this year I'd like to invest some USD ... and have a guaranteed ROI after a few months.
Guaranteed?  There are no guarantees, except of death.  And even that's not guaranteed if you know the Lord.

I have joined those who believe that the stock market we continue to boom until all major world economies suddenly crash this year or next or possibly as late as 2020.  Until the crash, the stock market should be very rewarding.

If you want to take advantage of the stock market boom, you should open an online stock brokerage account.  If you don't have a favorite, you can pick one from this list or from this list.

Picking stocks that will give a return is difficult, but it's just as easy to buy an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) as a stock, and they're generally safer since they spread the risk across a number of stocks.  (Brokers that trade stocks also trade ETFs.)  If you don't know what else to pick, pick an ETF that tracks the S&P 500 index like IVV, SPY or VOO.  (Those are the stock symbols for some ETFs.)

But the other half of the belief is that after the crash, physical gold and silver will greatly increase in value.  So you might consider buying some gold and silver bullion, like American Eagle coins.  Many say that's not an investment because it just sits there and doesn't return anything.  But in the past, precious metals have retained value when paper currencies crashed.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:30:54 PM

It is possible do this with Forex, but you must know what to do - in Forex things are quite profitable  Wink
pinyin52

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:59:13 PM

Stay the fuck away from the U.S markets, invest in countries like Canada and so on that are keeping their distance from the dollar I would always say that cryptocurrencies, gold and silver are your best bet but if you are comfortable investing then go for it, what I would do is wait for a crash because even the countries dumping the dollar will be affected and it will be easy to buy up otherwise expensive international companies.

A guaranteed ROI in a few months is hard to find but you could buy oil, sugar, toilet papers and such in bulk and save up to 30%. It is a good and easy deal that will guarantee you a nice profit with an investment of 500$.
You can keep the money on your checking account to avoid overdraft fees if you usually get those.
Try to think of an investment of 500$ that will save you some money on gas, electricity, transport or such.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:05:49 PM

If anyone is "guaranteeing" a profitable return, they are lying to you.

Investing is what financial lawyers call gambling. You put up money and take a risk. Profits are your reward for risk. Losses are your reminder that it was a risk you took. I would walk away from any offer that uses the "G" word.  Or ask them to put that guarantee on paper in simple language. See what they say then. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
mattjack

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:10:02 PM

It is possible do this with Forex, but you must know what to do - in Forex things are quite profitable  Wink
profitable but risky as well if you don't know how to trade
but you can hire a profit sharing based fund manager
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:11:54 PM

None of these suggestions you guys listed are what are called 'guaranteed' in reality there is no guranteed but if you're looking for passive investments then go into international dividend stocks, that's what I'd do, owning commodities while useful is just speculation unless you own the actual thing and plan to use it.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:33:28 PM

Canada.... while I like my country Harper has made our ecom very dependent on oil.. it is falling HHHHHARD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: