Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:58:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm buying and HODLING!!!  (Read 1438 times)
fryarminer (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:34:12 PM

Every time there's a drop in price the forum fills with panic and people posting to sell, sell, sell.
What are we going to do? The world is coming to an end! An altcoin is going to eat bitcoin! Fiat will actually triumph!!

Well here's to an uplifting thread for those who have no fear! Here's to those who believe in bitcoin and couldn't care less about the price drop!!

BUY, BUY OR BYE BYE!!!
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:36:39 PM

Every time there's a drop in price the forum fills with panic and people posting to sell, sell, sell.
What are we going to do? The world is coming to an end! An altcoin is going to eat bitcoin! Fiat will actually triumph!!

Well here's to an uplifting thread for those who have no fear! Here's to those who believe in bitcoin and couldn't care less about the price drop!!

BUY, BUY OR BYE BYE!!!

Or just continue to use and spread bitcoin adoption is another way to support a better future for us all.
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:50:32 PM

BUY, BUY OR BYE BYE!!!

Most of these people are just stupid newbs and trolls so I'd pay not attention to them. Most just like to spread fear so they can buy more themselves. Meanwhile most other long-time users are just not really caring about the current price and have ridden these sort of collapses and rises before so they don't sweat it. Don't sell if you believe in bitcoin and just have some patience and I'm sure you wont be regretting it in the near future.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:55:56 PM

Hmm.. great to heard someone looking into the positive route. I cant buy any Bitcoin right now. Dont worry.. as BTC drop.. Freebitco.in will be giving out more Bitcoin. From 500 satoshi to.. 700 satoshi today! Smiley

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:38:28 PM

Exactly OP, to everybody panicking on here - if they think bitcoin has long-lasting value, they should buy and not be scared of some little manipulation. If they don't think bitcoin has long-lasting value, they should sell all they have left and go somewhere else, it's that simple.

Problem is, most of the trolls here really want to get rich but have no fiat for that, so they choose the destructive behavior of whoring in on every little drop, hoping the price will get low enough that they will be able to gather their wits together and buy some to get rich later. What they don't understand is that unless you really believe in the future of bitcoin, you won't hold on through any of bitcoin's price actions, which can be very severe. So they really should just go away, to save themselves whatever little fiat they have Smiley And reduce the amount of rubbish on here.

As for the people who understand what they are into, hold on tight, we're on a rollercoaster of our life Smiley

i am satoshi
ramkumar

Activity: 603

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:08:29 PM

Problem is, most of the trolls here really want to get rich but have no fiat for that, so they choose the destructive behavior of whoring in on every little drop, hoping the price will get low enough that they will be able to gather their wits together and buy some to get rich later. What they don't understand is that unless you really believe in the future of bitcoin, you won't hold on through any of bitcoin's price actions, which can be very severe. So they really should just go away, to save themselves whatever little fiat they have Smiley And reduce the amount of rubbish on here.

As for the people who understand what they are into, hold on tight, we're on a rollercoaster of our life Smiley

well said. i accept that.

Bitcoin price is $630 in last year march then it started down & hanging in $450, $400, $350, $300 and now in $260. prices are never up to $630 again in last 9 months.

long term means 2-3 years of holding bitcoin to reach $600 again?

just curious to know the answer from experienced bitcoiner's.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:55:48 PM

long term means 2-3 years of holding bitcoin to reach $600 again?

Nobody knows for sure. If the trend holds, then 600 this year is certain, if it does not, nobody knows when the next wave of adoption will start. It will happen though, with more and more services available online and hacking appearing in everyday news credit cards and other insecure forms of payment will gradually disappear from online, replaced by the only secure way to pay - cryptocurrency.

But one thing is certain - bitcoin was never intended to be completed in 5 years. It is, at best, a 10-20 year project to implement fully. Before it is widespread, early adopters will have to live through many more cycles like this one and the ones before it. If you really are into it, you just hodl. Let speculators take the short-term risks.

i am satoshi
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:44:01 AM

Yeah, nobody knows for certain. But fact is that since there is limited amounts of bitcoin, the more it is adopted and the less that there is to go around, will necessitate the value going up.

Ignoring the price comparison, everything is falling into place on schedule for mass adoption. Once that mass adoption begins, the fun begins.
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:53:41 AM

buy when it's cheap of course , but Don't risk more than you can afford to lose.
Good luck

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:41:31 AM

Nice little rebound off the low and back to where we were at day break. Nobody knows if it will hold but I bought another token coin at one of the base points for support purposes and will likely do that if this happens again. Still have a decent amount of fiat to catch another knife and/or buy up the latter when things take off at some point down the line. That's the wonderful thing about only buying what you can afford to have devalued. This way, you're never in a position to have to sell nor feel much despair. If this is your first time to the rodeo, play things smart and take note that these are epic buying opportunities in this range.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:51:35 AM

you are the real knight, besides, nothing

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:56:27 AM

I have observed the panic that this fall has generated. as already mentioned (see  first post of this topic) now
see the panic and people posting to sell, sell, sell ...

is certainly not the time to sell, but to buy. I have no doubt that bitcoin will recover.

Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:17:17 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 04:12:05 AM by Edward50

A lot of the guys saying to hold and wait it out are probably people who paid very little for the bitcoins and therefore can hold and have an incentive for you to hold.

If you paid more than $300 for a bitcoin and continue to watch your investment take losses is far more difficult.

The way I would look at it from an investment standpoint is anybody really convincing me why it should go higher? Why did it get so high in the first place? Why did it take off and go mainstream when it hit $1000 and was in the news every day?

Loss minimizing is also a very important part of investing. If you are taking losses then you should cut them.

In my opinion bitcoin will rise a little from here before the next leg down to $200. But that is just my speculation opinion of course.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:27:47 AM

A lot of the guys saying to hold and wait it out are probably people who paid very little for the bitcoins and therefore can hold and have an incentive for you to hold.

If you paid more than $300 for a bitcoin and continue to watch your investment take losses is far more difficult.

The way I would look at it from an investment standpoint is anybody really convincing me why it should go higher? Why did it get so high in the first place? Why did it take off and go mainstream when it hit $1000 and was in the news every day?

Loss minimizing is also a very important part of investing. If you are taking losses then you should cut them.

In my opinion bitcoin will rise a little from here before the next leg down to $200. But that is just my speculation opinion of course.

I'm surprised too that people here hold positions or add to losing position when trend is clearly bearish.  If it was easy to short I'd be short scalping every pop.

Also, I can't believe people put real money in a meme like HODL.  Cut your losses and ride your winners.  Only way to make money trading
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:41:29 AM

I'm surprised too that people here hold positions or add to losing position when trend is clearly bearish.  If it was easy to short I'd be short scalping every pop.

Also, I can't believe people put real money in a meme like HODL.  Cut your losses and ride your winners.  Only way to make money trading

The problem is because you have many people who paid close to nothing for their bitcoins.  If you take the rise from $13 and up, bitcoins were very cheap for the longest time, many people have loads and loads of cheap bitcoins.

What you have now is these people convincing other people to buy and hold so they can hopefully cash out at higher prices. It is really sad but it is money after all, everybody is doing what benefits them even though it is a bad investment coming in at these high prices which are sill very unsustainable as it continues to prove.

There is really no convincing reason why bitcoin should go higher. I guess many peoples real hope was to get an ETF to get the unsophisticated public to buy into it but it seems the SEC obviously knows it is a scam and isn't going to subject the general public to what looks to be a Ponzi scheme, and also for the fact that bitcoin is inherently insecure and everybody who invests in the ETF can lose their money form just a single person having the correct keys. Look at Mt Gox.

You would think that the steady slow drop in price would smarted people up but I guess not, everybody wants to make easy money. Money is not easy to make and buying into bitcoins at this point is a very bad decision as it has already run its course and it's not going to make people rich again.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
twiifm

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:51:44 AM

The problem is because you have many people who paid close to nothing for their bitcoins.  If you take the rise from $13 and up, bitcoins were very cheap for the longest time, many people have loads and loads of cheap bitcoins.

What you have now is these people convincing other people to buy and hold so they can hopefully cash out at higher prices. It is really sad but it is money after all, everybody is doing what benefits them even though it is a bad investment coming in at these high prices which are sill very unsustainable as it continues to prove.

There is really no convincing reason why bitcoin should go higher. I guess many peoples real hope was to get an ETF to get the unsophisticated public to buy into it but it seems the SEC obviously knows it is a scam and isn't going to subject the general public to what looks to be a Ponzi scheme, and also for the fact that bitcoin is inherently insecure and everybody who invests in the ETF can lose their money form just a single person having the correct keys. Look at Mt Gox.

You would think that the steady slow drop in price would smarted people up but I guess not, everybody wants to make easy money. Money is not easy to make and buying into bitcoins at this point is a very bad decision as it has already run its course and it's not going to make people rich again.

I suspect those early adopters already cashed out.  The vocal bulltards saying HODL and cheap coins are ones with underwater positions desperate to break even.  They even might be early adopters who sold too soon and kept buying.  If you had a profit once you tend to believe it'll happen again.  People usually don't think they got lucky and attribute it to some wisdom.  If you wait too long to cut losses you allow the losses to get too big, then you become fearful of taking the loss.  That's how bag holders are born. 
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:21:08 AM

2014 has certainly been pretty bearish but I'm hoping there will be a reversal soon.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:52:10 AM

I paid $800, $700, and even $1k for some of my coins. I've mined most the rest. And of course bought some low. But I'm not freaking out. I'm hodling. It's all cool.

The day will come when I can buy stuff with my bitcoin like groceries and bills. That will be a happy day when banks will no longer be necessary nor credit cards. And when that day comes the bitcoin I have will be worth a whole lot more and I won't have to buy at extremely high prices, regretting that I sold when it was at an all-time low.

So yeah. It's all cool.
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:56:53 AM

love all the bulltards whistling in the dark. I have warned you all for almost a year now that this exact scenario would play out, and you called me a troll and insisted we'd be at $10,000 by now. but let's forget about all that and pretend that everything is A OK. There, there.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
twiifm

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:00:18 AM

love all the bulltards whistling in the dark. I have warned you all for almost a year now that this exact scenario would play out, and you called me a troll and insisted we'd be at $10,000 by now. but let's forget about all that and pretend that everything is A OK. There, there.

Denial is a strong coping mechanism
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: