Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE] AllStars | Decentralised | FAIR | No pools | 0.5Th mining limit | SHA256  (Read 8568 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bank of bits

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:26:40 PM

Looking for this ,Good luck with the coin
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:10:27 PM

Can we have a countdown?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:13:21 PM

cool, will create a pool Smiley  Tongue
Just let me know when the pool is up and running OC Smiley And I'll throw my hashes that way Wink Always love to support another coin Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:28:32 AM

want a share, dont know why....

Allstars (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:57:40 AM

Can we have a countdown?

IPO should start tomorrow, PoW January 17th. We are polishing up the website frontend and making final calculations right now  Smiley
rafetaz

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:41:35 AM

Selling shares, no coins, everyone can use them, no escrow, IPO, legit.....that words, that people controlling the NO coin.....
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:15:32 AM

Can we have a countdown?

IPO should start tomorrow, PoW January 17th. We are polishing up the website frontend and making final calculations right now  Smiley

why people want to buy the share?
any potential reward for that share?
where willl that reward come from?
Thanks.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:21:51 AM

Cool coin, watch it, need a Chinese OP?  Grin If you need it, PM me, tks Wink
fabula

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:53:57 AM

Can we have a countdown?

Ipo?Huh

No thanks.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:35:04 AM

I"m a bit confused. If OC is setting up a pool, but only in wallet mining is allowed, what's the purpose?

And how do you intend to throttle the speed? (pure curiousity here, I think it's an interesting concept.)

also, with only in wallet mining, why SHA? A puny sha rig will bury your speed limit pretty fast. I'd think you would want something a bit more CPU/GPU centric.

I sometimes come off harsh, so just in case, no FUD intended. I'm interested. Not in the IPO, but in mining.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:38:26 AM

I"m a bit confused. If OC is setting up a pool, but only in wallet mining is allowed, what's the purpose?

And how do you intend to throttle the speed? (pure curiousity here, I think it's an interesting concept.)

also, with only in wallet mining, why SHA? A puny sha rig will bury your speed limit pretty fast. I'd think you would want something a bit more CPU/GPU centric.

I sometimes come off harsh, so just in case, no FUD intended. I'm interested. Not in the IPO, but in mining.

Let me answer your questions (or at least try to)

IPO

Does that answer your question?

Besides, I do not think the OP can cap users at 500GH/s.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:42:36 AM

IPO

Depending on how it's handled, IPO is not a dirty word. But if I do anything with this coin, it's gonna be mining. I like mining Cheesy I don't see how it could be capped either, but I'm not a coder, so who knows? I'm curious as to how they intend to do that. I suppose it could be done by using IP ban if the power gets to high, but what's a fair way to do it? There are a lot of 1+ TH/s rigs out there. I don't have any, damn it, but I have friends who do. They're not even terribly expensive any more. Now if he was aiming at 50 TH/s, that would seem reasonable for SHA. Personally, I get the feeling this wasn't well thought through. I'd have chosen X11 or something like, keep it to GPU's and CPU's. Or go big and not care Tongue
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:44:44 AM

IPO

Depending on how it's handled, IPO is not a dirty word. But if I do anything with this coin, it's gonna be mining. I like mining Cheesy I don't see how it could be capped either, but I'm not a coder, so who knows? I'm curious as to how they intend to do that. I suppose it could be done by using IP ban if the power gets to high, but what's a fair way to do it? There are a lot of 1+ TH/s rigs out there. I don't have any, damn it, but I have friends who do. They're not even terribly expensive any more. Now if he was aiming at 50 TH/s, that would seem reasonable for SHA. Personally, I get the feeling this wasn't well thought through. I'd have chosen X11 or something like, keep it to GPU's and CPU's. Or go big and not care Tongue

You have your answer  Wink

If this coin passes through the IPO stage it will be raped in the mining phase.
Guaranteed.

I have seen many alts getting raped lately and there are MANY members who would love to rape this too so long as they get most of the coins.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:57:01 AM

IPO

You have your answer  Wink

If this coin passes through the IPO stage it will be raped in the mining phase.
Guaranteed.

I have seen many alts getting raped lately and there are MANY members who would love to rape this too so long as they get most of the coins.

Can't argue with your logic, unfortunately. but I remain curious. If they do have a way to throttle the network, it could be interesting.
Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:03:13 AM

I'm in mobile now, and will post the details about how we will limit the speed once I'm home from work.

Yes, some coin developers actually have a job instead of relying on getting money for free.

You can always watch the MIN (minerals) as how they implented  the speed limit,  it will be based upon that.
Joori

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:07:19 AM

IPO's are shit. Support your coin yourself if you truly believe in your coin. Don't ask for money from others... What are you a begger?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:08:03 AM

I'm in mobile now, and will post the details about how we will limit the speed once I'm home from work.

Yes, some coin developers actually have a job instead of relying on getting money for free.

You can always watch the MIN (minerals) as how they implented  the speed limit,  it will be based upon that.

Lol'd at that. Yeah, I know a couple such developers, and they have decent coins.

I will look at minerals, and await your reply. Drink coffee in large quantities and enjoy your day Cheesy
Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:15:02 PM

I'm sure OC meant this sarcastic ;-)

why people want to buy the share?
any potential reward for that share?
where willl that reward come from?
Thanks.

Well, some people prefer to buy shared since not everybody has mining equipement.
The potential rewards are also higher compared to mining, that's the idea behind an Initial Public Offering.
This can be in many forms, but this section is yet to be announced once the website and the IPO goes live.

We have a 18BTC financial buffer to ensure all runs smoothly, and rewards can be distrubuted.

Note: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/11c6ce3035c30a40541d0efc248f159c07f0e2dc66ddcaa970e0edcc0bc36e8a
Signed message "there you go" with address 1C4zTh2yCYpyhaUzPnwsBxKLKnsSsUtKh2:

H3L0g20TThW8HLHld0d66L47EoBj2dd8Pt2V0OMBRnUkZPNpMX1UfYTeIbd3IMF7OK/NuY08BXkJWTpyB8PIKMc=

IPO's are shit. Support your coin yourself if you truly believe in your coin. Don't ask for money from others... What are you a begger?

See the comment above ;-) We support our own coin with our own fundings.
The mere ~10BTC this IPO can raise (limited, remember?) is about half of our own funds.

Stop confusing ICO with IPO everybody now please. IPO has nothing to do with begging or not being creditworthy.
It's about OFFERING INITIAL shares before the PUBLIC release.

Now some updates:

Due to the complexity of our entire coin, having a fulltime job and a family with young kids, we've outsourced the coding to 3 different companies.
2 of those companies have failed to meet our strict requirements and mostly failed on limiting the individual mining speeds.

The company who remained has provided us with a perfect test version of the coin we are launching.

That being said, the launch should be on schedule like announced in the OP.

Stay tuned and follow us @ https://twitter.com/AllstarsCoin

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

I'll just ask one more thing.

How many coins have you made in the past?

You're mentioning my coin, so you've been around for a long period. So, I assume we know each other, or we've chatted before.

I know the difference between ICO, IPO/ITO/ISO/PISSO, or whatever anyone wants to call it.

So, you're asking funds, with a newbie account. No one knows who you are, or if you're even going to deliver what you're writing in OP.
Am I wrong here?

I'm just trying to debate and understand what's going on.

Only 1 investement per user will be allowed!
Per bitcointalk account you mean? Because 1 person can invest much more if he makes new accounts, or if he even own older accounts.

Yes i'm around for a very long time, and i do know you. Yes we chatted, and even debatted about KING way before it's launch.
Yes, i've seen ocminer making his first posts about setting up his pool.
Yes, i'm here for a longer period of time than the avg users on this forum.

Nobody needs to know who is behind this coin already. I want the people to trust me and allstars.
I'm not asking for your trust to be granted, it's up to me to earn it.

I dont want people to be like "Oh, it's user X behind it, now we can trust it!".
I want this coin to stand on it's own. And whoever is behind it as a team, may or may not be revealed once the coin is up and running.

EDIT: 1 investement per email address/session/ possible cookie. Ofcourse one can invest much more, but i cant stop them from doing so.
But i dont see why someone would buy the entire available shares by himself  Wink

I call bullshit. If you have an established bitcointalk account, you would only gain trust with the coin by using it. I wont touch this. If I was to launch a coin, you would know EVERYTHING about me, facebbook actt, twitter, ect. I would have nothing to hide.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:34:04 PM

I call bullshit. If you have an established bitcointalk account, you would only gain trust with the coin by using it. I wont touch this. If I was to launch a coin, you would know EVERYTHING about me, facebbook actt, twitter, ect. I would have nothing to hide.

So, what do you know about Satoshi then that makes it less 'bullshit' in your vision?
I dont remember having any personal details about him, yet i invested loads of money in Bitcoin when it was still relative unknown.

Wrong theory, i'm sorry. That's just a straight-ahead vision.

EDIT:

BFL's details => public.
MtGox details => public.
Zeushash details => public.
LtcGear details => public.
Gawminers details => public.

So, what's your point?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: