Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE] AllStars | Decentralised | FAIR | No pools | 0.5Th mining limit | SHA256  (Read 8570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:17:59 AM

I'm not bashing. You are referring to existing sha256 miners. You are limiting speeds and wondering how? Network difficulty is one thing. RPC calls to client for getwork and getblocktemplate are the other. Unless you completely revamped your RPC calls I still can pull a hash difficulty requirement and submit it to the network from a client who's pub key is allows, I just don't see how you can limit hash rate. All I gotta do is get a block and goal and let my own mining pool software not touch the wallet client until it finds a block.

the owner of the coin was looking for people for testing and attacking the network. personally i believe that boxxa would be a great candidate for this.

I agree. I'd volunteer my own services as well, but my SHA miner died Sad

bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:18:19 AM

Liming hash-rate is impossible simply because it is a limit not imposed by consensus.

All clients can agree on the block reward, all clients can agree on difficulty etc

However block rate is limited by difficulty because there is no way of verifying and limiting the hashrate a node can produce.
even if you tried to impose a limit in the client, you'd have to make it closed source because one look in there and i will remove your limit.

While it would be a novel idea, the truth of the matter is that it is impossible to do with the current Satoshi based implementations.

Just think on it a second...how do you intend to verify my hashrate?

You could try making clients broadcast their hashrate and penalizing those who cross the threshold, but again, one look into the source and i can undo that.

You need to create a consensus mechanism that makes it such that peers monitor and manage each others hash rates.

A more likely scenario is to control the rate of block production not the actual hash rate. I have an idea of how to do it, fuzzy at the moment  but it makes more sense than your current chain of thought.

Though my idea kind of messes with anonymity of mined blocks, basically you are adding additional data to a block, an extra signature that proves which node produced the block, then you can impose a limit that no two or three consecutive blocks can be signed by the same client.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:48:18 AM

Though my idea kind of messes with anonymity of mined blocks, basically you are adding additional data to a block, an extra signature that proves which node produced the block, then you can impose a limit that no two or three consecutive blocks can be signed by the same client.

that's maybe what dev want to do.

you have to queue up one by one to submit your share and computation.
Allstars (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:32:08 PM

I love the way you all brainstorm about the idea or concept behind it.
Exactly what i did a few months ago.

Brainstorm enough, shake yourself loose from the existing solutions, and you'll find the answers in all posts combined here since OP.

IMPOSSIBLE... That's a phrase that does not exists in my head.
There is no such thing as being impossible if you dare to think outside the box.

Need proof?

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-is-now-awesome-things-that-were-impossible-20-years-ago-2011-7?op=1&IR=T

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/subtopics/Nothing-is-Impossible-329751.html

http://zimmer.csufresno.edu/~fringwal/stoopid.lis

Wink
Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:51:34 PM

We are contacted by some exchange to list AllStars even before it's launched.  Grin

http://screencloud.net/v/6oy6
bitcreditscc

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:03:02 PM

Brainstorm enough, shake yourself loose from the existing solutions, and you'll find the answers in all posts combined here since OP.

There is no such thing as being impossible if you dare to think outside the box.

Need proof?

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-is-now-awesome-things-that-were-impossible-20-years-ago-2011-7?op=1&IR=T

Wink

i work based on what i know of the system and how it can be manipulated. I've said enough. Just keep in mind the drawbacks to such a system.

boxxa

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:37:12 AM

I agree. There is a upstream pool that wallets submit to or you have no way to control hashrate limits.

Can you post screen shots of your test network and block times? An easy way to tell if this is broken is blocks coming way too fast.
bitcreditscc

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:18:59 PM

I could lend development assistance if you do a 5% airdrop for BCR.

Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:44:55 PM

I could lend development assistance if you do a 5% airdrop for BCR.

I'm already paying a big European coding company for the developement, so thank you.

@baxx will do once i have the code myself. Currently still at the coders running final tests.
Fielding

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:48:21 PM

hi

dev

has the ico been closed?

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.Snxk6g6mdycdCeWoAQcWtsRsmPJGaGMywb
Fielding

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:51:00 PM

how many btc has AllStar raised?

and what's the applications of Allstar?

Thanks

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.Snxk6g6mdycdCeWoAQcWtsRsmPJGaGMywb
Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:11:52 PM

hi

dev

has the ico been closed?

Since the community has not responded to my question to close the IPO or not it will be closed today.
Once i'm back home i'll close the option to subscribe to the IPO from the website and adjust OP.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:12:16 PM

hi

dev

has the ico been closed?

Since the community has not responded to my question to close the IPO or not it will be closed today.
Once i'm back home i'll close the option to subscribe to the IPO from the website and adjust OP.

Good call! Smiley
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:18:46 PM

hi

dev

has the ico been closed?

what's the main feature of Allstar?

thanks

how can we use Allstar in real life?

running farm worldwide
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:13:50 PM

I have 1 Th/s to connect to a wallet if someone allows me to use theirs they bought.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:05:58 PM

I have 1 Th/s to connect to a wallet if someone allows me to use theirs they bought.

I think the dev scammer is gone...
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:22:59 AM

I think the dev scammer is gone...

really?
 Huh

running farm worldwide
Allstars (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:31:47 PM

Not at all!!

I've been busy with wallet testings, meetings with the developers, etc.
Tomorrow the online wallet will launch and trading/exchanging will be possible

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:16:55 AM

Need proof?

Wink

I will agree with you on the IMPOSSIBLE thingy.....

I too find it IMPOSSIBLE for you to cap miners at 500GH/s  Wink

Also, your "proof" goes "poof"....
Wheres your name and "invention in that???

Please post it here for all of us to see.

I WILL QUOTE YOU ONCE AGAIN.....

And you think you can cap miners at 500GH/s???     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

newstb

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:21:06 PM

Online wallet launch today?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: