Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:35:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE] AllStars | Decentralised | FAIR | No pools | 0.5Th mining limit | SHA256  (Read 8570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:30:40 PM

Online wallet launch today?

don't think so...
Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:07:26 PM

Online wallet launch today?

don't think so...

I was looking forward to the launch today as well. Many people including myself are anxious to see this hash rate limiting in action  Wink
I applaud the Dev to be thinking out of the box and look at fairness from a new angle but the real downfall is the lack of communication here.

It is tough to take on such a lofty endeavor on a part-time basis (he said he has a day job) which makes for infrequent postings compared to other Devs which have more of a presence in their thread.
If the release could not have happened for whatever reason fine, but don't leave people hanging wondering if you have left with their coins.

I am concerned this coin will not have the resources to make it off the ground.  If 90% of the BTC goes towards a buy wall that does not leave much for ongoing Dev and maintenance.  I have invested in this because it has peaked my interest but skeptical if the Dev has enough time to really push this forward and see it through based on past communication in the thread.
klopper

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:55:42 PM

Sorry guys, looks like another ICO scam.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:48:00 AM

so another scamcoin?
mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:10:59 PM

so another scamcoin?

Dev Last Active:    January 14, 2015, 08:27:21 AM
fullhouse

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:38:42 PM

so another scamcoin?

that's very rediculous for little bitcoin make a long time to scam

the dev are poor  Cheesy

klopper

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:28:54 AM

so another scamcoin?

that's very rediculous for little bitcoin make a long time to scam

the dev are poor  Cheesy

No public ledger, so no one knows how much he got.. could be 5 or could be 50
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:03:48 AM

http://www.allstarscoin.com/

can anybody know the website domain name register information?

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:22:06 AM

Liming hash-rate is impossible simply because it is a limit not imposed by consensus.

All clients can agree on the block reward, all clients can agree on difficulty etc

However block rate is limited by difficulty because there is no way of verifying and limiting the hashrate a node can produce.
even if you tried to impose a limit in the client, you'd have to make it closed source because one look in there and i will remove your limit.

While it would be a novel idea, the truth of the matter is that it is impossible to do with the current Satoshi based implementations.

Just think on it a second...how do you intend to verify my hashrate?

You could try making clients broadcast their hashrate and penalizing those who cross the threshold, but again, one look into the source and i can undo that.

You need to create a consensus mechanism that makes it such that peers monitor and manage each others hash rates.

A more likely scenario is to control the rate of block production not the actual hash rate. I have an idea of how to do it, fuzzy at the moment  but it makes more sense than your current chain of thought.

Though my idea kind of messes with anonymity of mined blocks, basically you are adding additional data to a block, an extra signature that proves which node produced the block, then you can impose a limit that no two or three consecutive blocks can be signed by the same client.

If you invested in this after a technical dissection of the problem made clear that this is impossible, then you deserve your losses.
melwinder

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:46:21 AM

Seems like a good innovation, keep up the work and I will be looking out for this coin when it launches!
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:39:18 AM

Seems like a good innovation, keep up the work and I will be looking out for this coin when it launches!

a scam coin again...
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:19:16 PM

Yuck.  I feel bad for buying into this thing not because of any coin I lost but because I was so unscrupulous which is not like me at all.  Normally I question everything and don't make it easy on scammers.  Everything is in such decline around here though that I really really wanted to believe this was a solid opportunity for an investment.  Oh well, can't win them all.  Moving on...........
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:27:07 AM

12 BTC is like $2000  Grin

If you're so poor that you don't even have $2000 to build your coin. How do you expect people to believe that it'll rise in value overtime?

Glad I didn't invest in this BS

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:15:27 AM

Glad I didn't invest in this BS

I was not sure but finally i didn't.  Grin
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:33:16 AM

i did point out the issues with this idea. If i wasn't too busy with my own project i would have taken an interest and attempted it.

if someone does decide to take the initiative, i am willing to advise and provide some assistance, you won't be alone.

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:44:26 PM

i did point out the issues with this idea. If i wasn't too busy with my own project i would have taken an interest and attempted it.

if someone does decide to take the initiative, i am willing to advise and provide some assistance, you won't be alone.

maybe you can release a coin to replace this?

is it possible to limit miner's hashrate?
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:09:24 PM

I can't release a coin while i am working on BitBank, i owe the loyal miners honest full time development.

Hashrate limits are currently unproven but i think i know how to pull it off, it would take a few days , maybe 5 to set things up properly. The limits would be in the wallet and poolside.

If someone wants to try i can give you pointers and help out a bit, but my focus for now is my own baby.

Meanwhile if you are looking for something to invest in or mine

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.0

and hurry before Friday's Update, the difficulty won't be solo mineable after that.

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:20:34 PM

I can't release a coin while i am working on BitBank, i owe the loyal miners honest full time development.

Hashrate limits are currently unproven but i think i know how to pull it off, it would take a few days , maybe 5 to set things up properly. The limits would be in the wallet and poolside.

If someone wants to try i can give you pointers and help out a bit, but my focus for now is my own baby.

Meanwhile if you are looking for something to invest in or mine

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.0

and hurry before Friday's Update, the difficulty won't be solo mineable after that.

Just saw your update preview, great work.
Fielding

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:58:39 PM

SCAM ICO AGAIN.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.Snxk6g6mdycdCeWoAQcWtsRsmPJGaGMywb
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:05:04 PM