Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:51:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Island Forge] Single dev MMORPG accepting Bitcoin. Kickstarter!  (Read 1998 times)
Nyhm (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 08:41:16 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2012, 09:13:28 PM by Nyhm

Island Forge @ Kickstarter!

Who is Nyhm? Find out at Kickstarter! See me talk about the game, myself, and the future of Island Forge.

Please help spread the word via Facebook, Twitter, your own blogs, news sites, and other forums. Island Forge is all about community participation!

Unfortunately, Kickstarter does not yet accept Bitcoin. If you can, please back the Kickstarter project so I can meet my funding goal (else I get nothing). If you are interested in supporting Island Forge with bitcoins, donations are greatly appreciated: 1PGf3ybkHkWCoN71JDic44faFHQAEpbXHg

Hello Bitcoin community, I'm the sole developer of Island Forge (a player-created content MMORPG), and I'm enthralled with Bitcoin.

The day after releasing Island Forge v1.0, I announced that Island Forge is accepting Bitcoin (as an optional alternative to PayPal subscription). Click the "Bitcoin accepted here" badge at https://islandforge.com/ for details.

UPDATE: So far, PayPal subscriptions are winning out over Bitcoin players... not that it's a competition...

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:42:25 PM

Great news. Looking forward to your game Smiley
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:56:46 AM

Nice to see you are making that much progress!
Congratulations!

Ente
Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 02:28:13 PM

Thanks for the well wishes, Raphy and Ente!

I've just put up some "Bitcoin accepted here" badges. Please let me know if this looks good. Is there anything else I should be taking into consideration that I've missed?

I'm eager to get my first Bitcoin customer.

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:28:34 PM

i registered and took a 2-minute look at the game.
i really like the idea.
however its very very hard to look past the optics. i have no problem with basic gfx, but the game doesnt look like a rpg at all but like an office application. white backgrounds for windows, standard scrollsbars etc.
might be ok if you clone transport tycoon but for a rpg imho its a no-go.
also the minimap is like 5x5 pixels. the "pling" sound is horrible.

honestly, if i stumbled randomly upon the game at this point, i would consider it promising, but wouldnt play but wait a year or so to let it mature. i wouldnt even want to evaluate if the actual game is just a nice idea or already well implemented, because the total lack of rpg-feeling is just to much of a turn-down.

Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 07:50:55 PM

i registered and took a 2-minute look at the game.
i really like the idea.
however its very very hard to look past the optics. i have no problem with basic gfx, but the game doesnt look like a rpg at all but like an office application. white backgrounds for windows, standard scrollsbars etc.
might be ok if you clone transport tycoon but for a rpg imho its a no-go.
also the minimap is like 5x5 pixels. the "pling" sound is horrible.

honestly, if i stumbled randomly upon the game at this point, i would consider it promising, but wouldnt play but wait a year or so to let it mature. i wouldnt even want to evaluate if the actual game is just a nice idea or already well implemented, because the total lack of rpg-feeling is just to much of a turn-down.

Thanks for trying it out - sorry the scroll bars are such a turn-off for you, but I appreciate the input. Those veneer aspects can certainly be addressed. Since I'm just one person, I had to focus on the core gameplay and software, and fall back on some standard GUI controls, rather than reinvent/redesign everything (Island Forge is written in Java). I get what you mean, though. I've actually added a lot of custom elements to hide the ugly "corporate application" style where possible. In fact, I'm curious what windows have white backgrounds, because one design aspect in particular I focused on was adding texture/color to just about everything. BTW, the minimap is 84x84 pixels, and you can turn off the sound effects.

I'll try not to dwell on the GUI/gameplay/software aspects here, though, because I know everyone here is focused on Bitcoin.

Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 02:28:52 PM

Update: I'm excited to have Bitcoin customers (more precicely: customer)! This reddit post has some good comments.

Even though it's only one so far, I'm excited to be officially doing business with Bitcoin. I'm still using a manual process to transact the memberships, and will adjust the rate to roughly follow the USD exchange rate.

I look forward to the day when I need to provide a more automated streamlined process to handle Bitcoin customer demand! Thanks for your interest, and community feedback is always welcome.

https://islandforge.com/bitcoin/

Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:17:36 PM

I've updated the original post with an exciting Kickstarter announcement! Please check it out and let me know what you think.

LuaKT

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 04:44:30 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 05:17:36 PM by LuaKT

I tried to register but am still waiting on an activation email.
EDIT: Got it now, kinda slow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 05:43:26 PM

I tried to register but am still waiting on an activation email.
EDIT: Got it now, kinda slow.

Thank you for the followup. I think the Web server is overburdened... which is a good thing!

Nyhm (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 04:57:30 PM

Kickstarter Update: New Lifetime Membership reward!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: