Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN] ThePirateBayCoin (TPB) +Torrents on the blockchain+Built in downloader  (Read 19588 times)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:39:47 PM

Bumping this so others can so.
THIS IS AWESOME! Smiley

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zarton

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:40:22 PM

Sounds good, watching the thread for more news about the features.

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:53:16 PM

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley

I dont think we should have to PAY for content that is already out there for free. When you start paying for shit that you can steal , you mind as well just buy the content in the first place

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:59:55 PM

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley

I dont think we should have to PAY for content that is already out there for free. When you start paying for shit that you can steal , you mind as well just buy the content in the first place

Now that's a good point. Wink

Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:35:39 PM

What do i get for proof of leech?  Grin

I like how you didn't just release a genetic coin first without the main functionality working, just to gain hype.

Good luck, watching this thread.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:42:22 PM

very cool idea. I like it a lot. Happy to offer help and support this if you need it.

BINTEX

Powered by,
yumei

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:03:01 PM

This one sounds for me like a new clone of vTorrent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.500
The last clone magnetz was a scam: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900716.0

Why you guys don´t bunch your ressource together and work together. You could just participate in vTorrent instead of making another altcoin.
Well I answer this question myself: OP is likely to greedy and don´t want to share with anyone and as a result he will release his own coins with premine, ico or whatever
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:26:23 PM

I have some vtr and wish them well but there's nothing but promises of future functionality. When I can download from their client I'll be very happy.

Competition is coevolution. Why have any interest in any alternate cryptocurrency? Just use bitcoin. Same reasoning.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
yumei

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:40:06 PM

I have some vtr and wish them well but there's nothing but promises of future functionality. When I can download from their client I'll be very happy.

Competition is coevolution. Why have any interest in any alternate cryptocurrency? Just use bitcoin. Same reasoning.

Bitcoin is completely different than the idea of vTorrent. It is no competition to bitcoin or anything else related to coins only created to be used without any direct utilization.

Competition is useful when a coin already exists, but for now both projects are not existing and there is a lack on developer, so for the community it is much better if the OP of this coin get together with vTorrent OP and help him with his project as he was the first.
He can participate easily by buying coins which are still really cheap.

It is nothing than greed.
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:11:46 PM

please no ico

coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:43:53 AM

You say you can do this in a week, but you'll run into unexpected programming hurtles. You sound like you know your stuff but don't make the mistake of over-promising deadlines because this community will verbally tear you to shreds. Look no further than SJCX to see how coming up with new Proof of Work mechanism based of atypical things like storage and file sharing is really difficult. You have to come up with entirely new proof mechanisms from scratch and it's not as simple as it sounds. Your best bet would be try and network in the community and meet other programmers who have the time and willingness to take this project on with you because ICOs are not fair to the community (you could simply honestly hit brick walls in your abilities that you didn't foresee, even if you're honest). Don't bother releasing the coin before you're close to a working prototype unless you want to just make another shitcoin scam but frankly you'll only make a few thousand dollars these days pulling that crap. I'd give this project a couple months deadline if you know what you're doing and have a handful of guys working with you. Good luck.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 04:45:38 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 06:02:02 AM by ObscureBean

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley

I've been hardcore torrenter for years now and I agree with you that torrents should remain free. However if you've also been using torrents for a long time, you'll know that while most files you look for are somewhere out there on the internet, not all of them are. Still, some users might be in possession of those files which are not readily available.
Personally, I would be more than happy to pay these users some coin if they're willing to go through the hassle of creating a torrent for the file and seeding. I think that's only fair.
Also some torrents are only found after a lot of digging around. Some people might wanna pay for someone else to do the digging around. Someone with very little free time could enlist the services of a 'torrent-finder' which would create possibilities for other users to earn coin. I really think the possibilities here are near endless  Smiley
PonyBoy (OP)

Activity: 313

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:12:57 AM

You say you can do this in a week, but you'll run into unexpected programming hurtles. You sound like you know your stuff but don't make the mistake of over-promising deadlines because this community will verbally tear you to shreds. Look no further than SJCX to see how coming up with new Proof of Work mechanism based of atypical things like storage and file sharing is really difficult. You have to come up with entirely new proof mechanisms from scratch and it's not as simple as it sounds. Your best bet would be try and network in the community and meet other programmers who have the time and willingness to take this project on with you because ICOs are not fair to the community (you could simply honestly hit brick walls in your abilities that you didn't foresee, even if you're honest). Don't bother releasing the coin before you're close to a working prototype unless you want to just make another shitcoin scam but frankly you'll only make a few thousand dollars these days pulling that crap. I'd give this project a couple months deadline if you know what you're doing and have a handful of guys working with you. Good luck.

The plan is a couple of months, I was just making an example in the OP. I'm not trying to give any hard deadlines yet as I'm still in the preliminary stages. I'm also not looking to start an ICO. I know I may run into walls, I love walls, I always come out the other side having learned something.  Wink I have a few people that have contacted me that want to help on the coin. I'm still looking for more people, I would like to make this a very big project with many people collaborating. I'm considering alternative forms of funding such as getting sponsors to pay for advertising in the OP or future website or hell even in the wallet itself. We can update it monthly and change out the ads or make the wallet pull ads from a central server. Cheesy No reason to pull funds from the users, thats what ads are for. Smiley

I'm not saying you PAY for the content, just for the bandwidth usage, you are in essence paying for a fast download. Once you upload to 1:1 you get the coins you spent back.
Unless you download premium content, then the content creator gets paid. You can always make this back by seeding back over 1:1 to gain back the coin that you spend on the premium content. example, you download an independent film that is 1gb in size and costs 5TPB to download. downloading 1gb is going to cost 1TPB but once you seed back 1:1 you gain back 1TPB, once you seed back 6:1 you would make back your original 1TPB and an aditional 5TPB, gaining back what you spend to download the content in the first place. Keep in mind that the content creator can charge less than other services like itunes since they don't have to go through another organization that has huge overhead. This means you could see new release songs come out for 10 cents a download because that is still more than the artist would get selling it on itunes at 99 cents and having most of it taken by the studio and apple.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:31:49 AM

The plan is a couple of months, I was just making an example in the OP. I'm not trying to give any hard deadlines yet as I'm still in the preliminary stages. I'm also not looking to start an ICO. I know I may run into walls, I love walls, I always come out the other side having learned something.  Wink I have a few people that have contacted me that want to help on the coin. I'm still looking for more people, I would like to make this a very big project with many people collaborating. I'm considering alternative forms of funding such as getting sponsors to pay for advertising in the OP or future website or hell even in the wallet itself. We can update it monthly and change out the ads or make the wallet pull ads from a central server. Cheesy No reason to pull funds from the users, thats what ads are for. Smiley

+100 (for no ICO)

Advertising sounds great (using wallet is OK for me) . Earning from this could be awesome. There is great possible demand.
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:55:06 AM

I'm not saying you PAY for the content, just for the bandwidth usage, you are in essence paying for a fast download. Once you upload to 1:1 you get the coins you spent back.
Unless you download premium content, then the content creator gets paid. You can always make this back by seeding back over 1:1 to gain back the coin that you spend on the premium content. example, you download an independent film that is 1gb in size and costs 5TPB to download. downloading 1gb is going to cost 1TPB but once you seed back 1:1 you gain back 1TPB, once you seed back 6:1 you would make back your original 1TPB and an aditional 5TPB, gaining back what you spend to download the content in the first place. Keep in mind that the content creator can charge less than other services like itunes since they don't have to go through another organization that has huge overhead. This means you could see new release songs come out for 10 cents a download because that is still more than the artist would get selling it on itunes at 99 cents and having most of it taken by the studio and apple.

This sounds like a really bad idea. First of all you're already going to have the government up your ass if you create this for free, but if you try to charge any money for it you'll really get taken down like Limewire or something. Also all these Bittorrent coins aren't going to matter compared to the one that finally does it 100% for free. If you run some sort of web portal where it makes it easier to navigate the torrents hidden in the blockchain or something you could serve ads on there and fund your dev costs that way. If you want this project to be truly worthy of The Pirate Bay moniker, build the first decentralized Pirate Bay that can't be taken down. That would be truly epic.

If you're talking about a decentralized P2P payment mechanism built into the protocol for artists and other entities to release premium content, that should be a backburner project until the blockchain torrent structure is implemented. At first it should just be barebones to get the concept up and running and sooner than you can blink you'll have the attention of the whole community interested in your project.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:58:50 PM

Looks like ill be rolling in the TPB coins.

But I see what your saying ObscureBean. Basically retention rate of files online. I think thats an age old issue with BT with older files. Alot of old files cannot simply be found because no one leaves their torrent client open with 1000's of files being seeded at the same time.
This is why emule, no doubt being much older, is still used today. It might take a week to grab that 2002 DvD, but someone has it and is sharing it.

Voidcrafter

Activity: 481

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:03:09 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 05:48:02 PM by Voidcrafter

well I will be uploading a lot of stuff then Cheesy

however is there a way to prevent people from uploading or uploading the same movie over and over again just to get free coins ?

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:56:03 PM

well I will be uploading a lot of stuff then Cheesy

however is there a way to prevent people from uploading or uploading the same movie over and over again just to get free coins ?

The system planned is either a tipping system, your torrent gets tipped and you get a stake in minted coins as long as it keeps getting tipped, or a voting system. Which isn't much different than a tip system. Your torrent gets so many votes you get a stake in minted coins. If you upload the same thing over and over your duplicates are unlikely to be tipped or voted on if you already put that file up. Empty/Bogus/Virus files wont get votes so wont be paid.

I can make this tipping system automated, when you download the magnet link from the blockchain your wallet automatically tips 0.00000001 coins to the address associated with the torrent. This means the more people download your torrent the more tips/votes you get, once it is above 20 or so tips/votes you get a stake in minted coins.

People can run sites dedicated to hosting comments on torrents or alternative voting or searching too.
OwnZoR

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:59:05 PM

please pm if you IPO i'm not around that much but would put a bet on that.

good luck.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:01:37 PM

please pm if you IPO i'm not around that much but would put a bet on that.

good luck.

Not planning on doing an IPO we are exploring other means of fundraising. Such as putting ads in the wallet, OP, and website. If you would like to buy adspace feel free to contact me.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: