Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN] ThePirateBayCoin (TPB) +Torrents on the blockchain+Built in downloader  (Read 19588 times)
PonyBoy (OP)

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:08:05 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 09:43:11 AM by PonyBoy

ThePirateBayCoin is a service that will eventually replace The Pirate Bay. Our goal is to create a blockchain based torrent database. Mining as we know it will not be used. TPB is Proof of Upload or POU. Coins are created like proof of stake but to get a stake you must upload a file, once that file gets 20 downloads or donations your address begins to earn coins. You continue to earn coins as long as people are downloading your torrent. To get more coins you can seed torrents. Every 1GB uploaded you receive 1TPB, and inversely for every 1GB downloaded you pay 1TPB. Seed back 1:1 on a file and you will net 0, nothing paid nothing earned. Seed back 2:1 and earn 1TPB. Uploaders will be given the option to charge per download, charge for the new game you just created, or the song your wrote and produced.

I have the skills to make this happen myself but we all know that a group would get it done faster, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

Website/Forums
http://thepiratebayco.in

Under Construction...

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

hmmm

actually it doesn't sound bad.. go for it

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Hash72

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:17:11 PM

I've been working on combining a cryptocoin with a torrent tracker and a file downloader. I'm going to add in the option of charging per download, if a content creator puts up a new song or video they can charge a certain amount of coins for people to download it, you have to send coins to the address tied to the torrent file in order to download the file, this will all be verified on the blockchain, don't pay for the content, you don't get the content. Get paid to seed, the more you upload the more you get paid. I have tons of other ideas that I will implement too. If anyone has any input on features you would like to see please reply below.

I'm progressing but I am only 1 man, what would take me months would take a team a week, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

I think it is agood idea but you need to make a strong tracker (Like IPT general tracker satisfies everyone)

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

I've been working on combining a cryptocoin with a torrent tracker and a file downloader. I'm going to add in the option of charging per download, if a content creator puts up a new song or video they can charge a certain amount of coins for people to download it, you have to send coins to the address tied to the torrent file in order to download the file, this will all be verified on the blockchain, don't pay for the content, you don't get the content. Get paid to seed, the more you upload the more you get paid. I have tons of other ideas that I will implement too. If anyone has any input on features you would like to see please reply below.

I'm progressing but I am only 1 man, what would take me months would take a team a week, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

I think it is agood idea but you need to make a strong tracker (Like IPT general tracker satisfies everyone)

I need to add a voting system so ppl can identify viruses and stuff. Like its dangerous to just download anything from piratebay but if you read the comments you can usually avoid the nasty stuff.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:39:37 PM

Do you plan on complete decentralization? Torrent links in the blockchain as well as comments? Now that would be cool.

I had a few thoughts already, you may have thought of these but what the hey.

1) no PoW or PoS. Make the coin pure PoU proof of upload.

2) The faster the upload speed the more coins are accumulated. Anyone seeding at 10kb/s will get dick all coins. The reward needs to scale to all uploads otherwise inflation may be a problem. I have no idea how you can track that.

3) most if not all downloads are free and pirated material (this is what everyone wants)

4) Only seeders and uploaders should get paid.

5) You don't need a torrent client in the coin. Just need to create a coin that has the .torrent links and tracks who does what and pays out appropriately.

6) Please NO IPO/Premine/dev block percentage or anything like that. Do it for the good of humanity and to fuck the PTB.

I think something like this will gain alot of attention if it can be launched fully working. Anything else will be treated as a scam and this will go nowhere. So, what say you dev? Are you serious about replacing Pirate Bay or just here to make some money?

BTW: has anyone thought of using ads to get dev funds? Something completely off the blockchain.

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:42:19 PM

And make it work over i2p

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:08:46 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 09:19:19 PM by PonyBoy

Do you plan on complete decentralization? Torrent links in the blockchain as well as comments? Now that would be cool.
I want to store either the torrent file or magnet in the blockchain. By uploading a file you control the priv/pub key for it and people can donate to you, or pay to download your file.

This is what I would like to do. Proof of Upload and Proof of Seed.

2) The faster the upload speed the more coins are accumulated. Anyone seeding at 10kb/s will get dick all coins. The reward needs to scale to all uploads otherwise inflation may be a problem. I have no idea how you can track that.
I can track how much data has been uploaded and from what torrent, the trick will be how to keep people from cheating. I can make it scale like difficulty. The more people uploading the less 1mb uploaded pays.

3) most if not all downloads are free and pirated material (this is what everyone wants)
That is obvious, but I want to leave the door open for true content creators to have a way to share and charge for their material

I love this concept.

5) You don't need a torrent client in the coin. Just need to create a coin that has the .torrent links and tracks who does what and pays out appropriately.
This is a possibility, maybe even preferred as I can make the wallet open source and make the torrent client a black box Grin. The only thing I don't want happening is someone modding the torrent client to send false data saying the user is uploading petabytes of data. I'm already thinking of ways to protect against this.

6) Please NO IPO/Premine/dev block percentage or anything like that. Do it for the good of humanity and to fuck the PTB.
I will think about it, but keep in mind doing all of the work myself will take a few months. With some sort of fund raising I could pay people to help.

I think something like this will gain alot of attention if it can be launched fully working. Anything else will be treated as a scam and this will go nowhere. So, what say you dev? Are you serious about replacing Pirate Bay or just here to make some money?
Actually, I'm here as an inventor. I love creating novel ways of doing things. I do it for the fun of doing it. I would love to see something I created replace the biggest torrent tracker in the world, that is a hell of an achievement.

BTW: has anyone thought of using ads to get dev funds? Something completely off the blockchain.
Hmm, that is a good idea, I could sell adspace in the OP and soon to be created website to help raise funds. Cheesy

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:21:10 PM

PM sent!!!!!!

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:52:22 PM

So many recent coins that have proposed to do exactly this-- add magnet/torrent links to their blockchains-- and either been scams or failed.

If you can show a working prototype of torrents in a blockchain BEFORE releasing a coin... and even better, make that coin all proof-of-work... you will have a hit on your hands.

I like the idea of paying a nominal fee for quality torrents, too.

twitter.com/notsofast
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:59:49 PM

+1

but tell em what i2p is, because most ppl here just get wet pants if the read TOR....

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:04:58 PM

+1

but tell em what i2p is, because most ppl here just get wet pants if the read TOR....

Im looking into it.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:14:45 PM

this definetly looks really intresting , compared to all the other shit coins we've had lately , keep on workin on it , and if you need a good logo designer , contact shadowrunner
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:20:32 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 11:00:43 PM by PonyBoy

So many recent coins that have proposed to do exactly this-- add magnet/torrent links to their blockchains-- and either been scams or failed.

If you can show a working prototype of torrents in a blockchain BEFORE releasing a coin... and even better, make that coin all proof-of-work... you will have a hit on your hands.

I'm working on a proof of concept as we speak. I can't give a eta as I'm in the early stages. If I can get a few people on a team so we can delegate work I believe it can be done fairly quickly. I have all of the broad strokes figured out, working on the details. I have made a few coins for fun and one that is currently being used as a gift card system at a local business. Wink I'm a crypto nut.

I want to move away from proof of work and proof of stake and move into proof of upload and proof of seed.

We are currently talking about having a premium teir, pay X amount of coins to become a premium member, paid to the miner/uploaders, this allows you to upload torrents. Uploading torrents that recieve atleast 20 thumbs up/positive feedback/small donations, nets the uploader a stake, like proof of stake, that would pay them over a set time with an amount determined by how many people are being paid at the current time. This is the mining part of the coin, the only time coins are created on the network. Want to download a 1gb movie? it will cost 1TPB for 1gb downloaded. If you seed back to 1:1 ratio you start gaining back 1TPB per 1gb uploaded, paid for by the other people downloading from you, the pool of funds created by them anyway. Wink Or it can be micropaid as you download every kb using your public key. This way you get paid for seeding by the people that are downloading.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:35:18 AM

Keep in mind this is a very rough draft.

najzenmajsen

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:37:42 AM

Keep in mind this is a very rough draft.

Looks amazing , keep on working mate , this could be big.
cestballot

Activity: 318

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:03:22 AM

interesting  Cool

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:13:29 AM

Sounds interesting...I'd like to get involved in this coin too.  Will be keeping an eye on this.

DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:36:52 AM

+1

Damn I know right.

https://geti2p.net/en/about/intro

If this does idea does not work over i2p the concept of easily safely files sharing is useless. I mentioned this to the vTorrent coin dev and I got the same response. "will look into it"

zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:09:18 AM

this is a good idea,i can use this to download some torrent
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:05:02 AM

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:39:47 PM

Bumping this so others can so.
THIS IS AWESOME! Smiley

zarton

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:40:22 PM

Sounds good, watching the thread for more news about the features.

DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:53:16 PM

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley

I dont think we should have to PAY for content that is already out there for free. When you start paying for shit that you can steal , you mind as well just buy the content in the first place

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:59:55 PM

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley

I dont think we should have to PAY for content that is already out there for free. When you start paying for shit that you can steal , you mind as well just buy the content in the first place

Now that's a good point. Wink

Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:35:39 PM

What do i get for proof of leech?  Grin

I like how you didn't just release a genetic coin first without the main functionality working, just to gain hype.

Good luck, watching this thread.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:42:22 PM

very cool idea. I like it a lot. Happy to offer help and support this if you need it.

BINTEX

Powered by,
yumei

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:03:01 PM

This one sounds for me like a new clone of vTorrent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.500
The last clone magnetz was a scam: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900716.0

Why you guys don´t bunch your ressource together and work together. You could just participate in vTorrent instead of making another altcoin.
Well I answer this question myself: OP is likely to greedy and don´t want to share with anyone and as a result he will release his own coins with premine, ico or whatever
Xaltotun

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:26:23 PM

I have some vtr and wish them well but there's nothing but promises of future functionality. When I can download from their client I'll be very happy.

Competition is coevolution. Why have any interest in any alternate cryptocurrency? Just use bitcoin. Same reasoning.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
yumei

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:40:06 PM

I have some vtr and wish them well but there's nothing but promises of future functionality. When I can download from their client I'll be very happy.

Competition is coevolution. Why have any interest in any alternate cryptocurrency? Just use bitcoin. Same reasoning.

Bitcoin is completely different than the idea of vTorrent. It is no competition to bitcoin or anything else related to coins only created to be used without any direct utilization.

Competition is useful when a coin already exists, but for now both projects are not existing and there is a lack on developer, so for the community it is much better if the OP of this coin get together with vTorrent OP and help him with his project as he was the first.
He can participate easily by buying coins which are still really cheap.

It is nothing than greed.
waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:11:46 PM

please no ico

coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:43:53 AM

You say you can do this in a week, but you'll run into unexpected programming hurtles. You sound like you know your stuff but don't make the mistake of over-promising deadlines because this community will verbally tear you to shreds. Look no further than SJCX to see how coming up with new Proof of Work mechanism based of atypical things like storage and file sharing is really difficult. You have to come up with entirely new proof mechanisms from scratch and it's not as simple as it sounds. Your best bet would be try and network in the community and meet other programmers who have the time and willingness to take this project on with you because ICOs are not fair to the community (you could simply honestly hit brick walls in your abilities that you didn't foresee, even if you're honest). Don't bother releasing the coin before you're close to a working prototype unless you want to just make another shitcoin scam but frankly you'll only make a few thousand dollars these days pulling that crap. I'd give this project a couple months deadline if you know what you're doing and have a handful of guys working with you. Good luck.
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 04:45:38 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 06:02:02 AM by ObscureBean

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley

I've been hardcore torrenter for years now and I agree with you that torrents should remain free. However if you've also been using torrents for a long time, you'll know that while most files you look for are somewhere out there on the internet, not all of them are. Still, some users might be in possession of those files which are not readily available.
Personally, I would be more than happy to pay these users some coin if they're willing to go through the hassle of creating a torrent for the file and seeding. I think that's only fair.
Also some torrents are only found after a lot of digging around. Some people might wanna pay for someone else to do the digging around. Someone with very little free time could enlist the services of a 'torrent-finder' which would create possibilities for other users to earn coin. I really think the possibilities here are near endless  Smiley
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:12:57 AM

You say you can do this in a week, but you'll run into unexpected programming hurtles. You sound like you know your stuff but don't make the mistake of over-promising deadlines because this community will verbally tear you to shreds. Look no further than SJCX to see how coming up with new Proof of Work mechanism based of atypical things like storage and file sharing is really difficult. You have to come up with entirely new proof mechanisms from scratch and it's not as simple as it sounds. Your best bet would be try and network in the community and meet other programmers who have the time and willingness to take this project on with you because ICOs are not fair to the community (you could simply honestly hit brick walls in your abilities that you didn't foresee, even if you're honest). Don't bother releasing the coin before you're close to a working prototype unless you want to just make another shitcoin scam but frankly you'll only make a few thousand dollars these days pulling that crap. I'd give this project a couple months deadline if you know what you're doing and have a handful of guys working with you. Good luck.

The plan is a couple of months, I was just making an example in the OP. I'm not trying to give any hard deadlines yet as I'm still in the preliminary stages. I'm also not looking to start an ICO. I know I may run into walls, I love walls, I always come out the other side having learned something.  Wink I have a few people that have contacted me that want to help on the coin. I'm still looking for more people, I would like to make this a very big project with many people collaborating. I'm considering alternative forms of funding such as getting sponsors to pay for advertising in the OP or future website or hell even in the wallet itself. We can update it monthly and change out the ads or make the wallet pull ads from a central server. Cheesy No reason to pull funds from the users, thats what ads are for. Smiley

I'm not saying you PAY for the content, just for the bandwidth usage, you are in essence paying for a fast download. Once you upload to 1:1 you get the coins you spent back.
Unless you download premium content, then the content creator gets paid. You can always make this back by seeding back over 1:1 to gain back the coin that you spend on the premium content. example, you download an independent film that is 1gb in size and costs 5TPB to download. downloading 1gb is going to cost 1TPB but once you seed back 1:1 you gain back 1TPB, once you seed back 6:1 you would make back your original 1TPB and an aditional 5TPB, gaining back what you spend to download the content in the first place. Keep in mind that the content creator can charge less than other services like itunes since they don't have to go through another organization that has huge overhead. This means you could see new release songs come out for 10 cents a download because that is still more than the artist would get selling it on itunes at 99 cents and having most of it taken by the studio and apple.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:31:49 AM

The plan is a couple of months, I was just making an example in the OP. I'm not trying to give any hard deadlines yet as I'm still in the preliminary stages. I'm also not looking to start an ICO. I know I may run into walls, I love walls, I always come out the other side having learned something.  Wink I have a few people that have contacted me that want to help on the coin. I'm still looking for more people, I would like to make this a very big project with many people collaborating. I'm considering alternative forms of funding such as getting sponsors to pay for advertising in the OP or future website or hell even in the wallet itself. We can update it monthly and change out the ads or make the wallet pull ads from a central server. Cheesy No reason to pull funds from the users, thats what ads are for. Smiley

+100 (for no ICO)

Advertising sounds great (using wallet is OK for me) . Earning from this could be awesome. There is great possible demand.
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:55:06 AM

I'm not saying you PAY for the content, just for the bandwidth usage, you are in essence paying for a fast download. Once you upload to 1:1 you get the coins you spent back.
Unless you download premium content, then the content creator gets paid. You can always make this back by seeding back over 1:1 to gain back the coin that you spend on the premium content. example, you download an independent film that is 1gb in size and costs 5TPB to download. downloading 1gb is going to cost 1TPB but once you seed back 1:1 you gain back 1TPB, once you seed back 6:1 you would make back your original 1TPB and an aditional 5TPB, gaining back what you spend to download the content in the first place. Keep in mind that the content creator can charge less than other services like itunes since they don't have to go through another organization that has huge overhead. This means you could see new release songs come out for 10 cents a download because that is still more than the artist would get selling it on itunes at 99 cents and having most of it taken by the studio and apple.

This sounds like a really bad idea. First of all you're already going to have the government up your ass if you create this for free, but if you try to charge any money for it you'll really get taken down like Limewire or something. Also all these Bittorrent coins aren't going to matter compared to the one that finally does it 100% for free. If you run some sort of web portal where it makes it easier to navigate the torrents hidden in the blockchain or something you could serve ads on there and fund your dev costs that way. If you want this project to be truly worthy of The Pirate Bay moniker, build the first decentralized Pirate Bay that can't be taken down. That would be truly epic.

If you're talking about a decentralized P2P payment mechanism built into the protocol for artists and other entities to release premium content, that should be a backburner project until the blockchain torrent structure is implemented. At first it should just be barebones to get the concept up and running and sooner than you can blink you'll have the attention of the whole community interested in your project.
DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:58:50 PM

Looks like ill be rolling in the TPB coins.

But I see what your saying ObscureBean. Basically retention rate of files online. I think thats an age old issue with BT with older files. Alot of old files cannot simply be found because no one leaves their torrent client open with 1000's of files being seeded at the same time.
This is why emule, no doubt being much older, is still used today. It might take a week to grab that 2002 DvD, but someone has it and is sharing it.

Voidcrafter

Activity: 481

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:03:09 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 05:48:02 PM by Voidcrafter

well I will be uploading a lot of stuff then Cheesy

however is there a way to prevent people from uploading or uploading the same movie over and over again just to get free coins ?

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:56:03 PM

well I will be uploading a lot of stuff then Cheesy

however is there a way to prevent people from uploading or uploading the same movie over and over again just to get free coins ?

The system planned is either a tipping system, your torrent gets tipped and you get a stake in minted coins as long as it keeps getting tipped, or a voting system. Which isn't much different than a tip system. Your torrent gets so many votes you get a stake in minted coins. If you upload the same thing over and over your duplicates are unlikely to be tipped or voted on if you already put that file up. Empty/Bogus/Virus files wont get votes so wont be paid.

I can make this tipping system automated, when you download the magnet link from the blockchain your wallet automatically tips 0.00000001 coins to the address associated with the torrent. This means the more people download your torrent the more tips/votes you get, once it is above 20 or so tips/votes you get a stake in minted coins.

People can run sites dedicated to hosting comments on torrents or alternative voting or searching too.
OwnZoR

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:59:05 PM

please pm if you IPO i'm not around that much but would put a bet on that.

good luck.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:01:37 PM

good luck.

Not planning on doing an IPO we are exploring other means of fundraising. Such as putting ads in the wallet, OP, and website. If you would like to buy adspace feel free to contact me.
Xaltotun

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:13:00 PM

Please consider a bounty system for files people are looking for but currently unavailable.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:18:03 PM

Very intresting coin.

That is the key to success.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:36:54 PM

I really like this idea and will keep a close eye  Smiley
Voidcrafter

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:58:56 PM

good luck.

Not planning on doing an IPO we are exploring other means of fundraising. Such as putting ads in the wallet, OP, and website. If you would like to buy adspace feel free to contact me.

thanks , finally a genuine project without ipo

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
yumei

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:35:10 PM

So I am asking the OP again, why you don´t get together with vTorrent to bundle your ressource?
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 06:23:48 AM

So I am asking the OP again, why you don´t get together with vTorrent to bundle your ressource?

I'm guessing probably the same reasons, Apple hasn't merged with Samsung to create a mega company that could easily dominate the world: individuality, different ways of thinking.
If you've got a clear vision of your goal, it is hard to make compromises.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:11:28 AM

Coin for uploaders/seeders, so now its time to mine on seedboxes after hard-disks. Nice idea though.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:00:44 PM

Because vTorrent has already launched and they premined 3%. I think they are going about it all wrong. Why have standard pow mining in a torrent coin? I can build a better mousetrap than that. lol
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:52:03 PM

Because vTorrent has already launched and they premined 3%. I think they are going about it all wrong. Why have standard pow mining in a torrent coin? I can build a better mousetrap than that. lol

Thats the spirit! Really happy to hear you say that. I think by building something like this it will attract other developers that are like minded. I wish I could help but I know nothing about coding. Maybe advertising your intentions in developer forums will get some others interested in this project and the development help you are looking for. I would be surprised if other devs here wouldn't want to contribute. There must be good people here, even if they are few.
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:35:51 PM

shit you make mouse traps!?!?!?
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:48:22 PM

coins arent meant to be mouse traps

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:05:10 AM

Not literally of course. lol

Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:17:50 AM

Not literally of course. lol

k stay golden ponyboy Cheesy

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:37:24 AM

I don't like the idea of having to pay to download, that is the reason to pirate something.
But by doing this, the total number of coins remains the same, for every uploaded bit, a bit is downloaded.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:16:44 PM

This coin seems really interested, i will definitely keep an eye on it.

i like so much the idea about give rewards to uploaders and seeders. I will be and seed paranoic if this coin finally go to a dencent way Wink

and no premine, so +1 about it too.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:31:33 PM

I don't like the idea of having to pay to download, that is the reason to pirate something.
But by doing this, the total number of coins remains the same, for every uploaded bit, a bit is downloaded.

You are paying for a fast download, if you seed back 1:1 you are reimbursed what you paid. Seed back more than 1:1 and actually make a profit. The only time coins are minted is when someone uploads a file and it is tipped/voted on atleast 20 times.

2 of the biggest problems in the bittorrent world are lack of seeders and bad files, eg. Fake, virus, ect.

If the seeders are being paid they are going to keep seeding. By making an uploader get votes or tips on his upload before he gets paid it helps curb bad files being uploaded.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:09:16 AM

Can you only seed through a specific client?
Otherwise I could just upload to a person that is not using the TPB client, he doesn't have to pay as you usually don't have to with torrents, but I am getting paid.
Tweaking this a little bit, and I just upload to myself all day. Or is this not possible?

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:30:28 AM

Can you only seed through a specific client?
Otherwise I could just upload to a person that is not using the TPB client, he doesn't have to pay as you usually don't have to with torrents, but I am getting paid.
Tweaking this a little bit, and I just upload to myself all day. Or is this not possible?

I'm embedding a custom torrent program in the wallet. It won't be compatible with any current torrent program or torrent file. I'm also working on the custom transaction system that is needed to charge/pay when you seed/leach. Even if you could make the torrent files in the TPB client to work in a normal torrent program you wouldn't be able to download any data as file parts must be paid for to initiate download.
adjiadjo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:53:15 AM

the rough draft already explain everything i wanna know,

its a great idea since i do torrenting a lot  Grin
any ETA for further planing?
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 04:00:14 AM

If I continuously seed torrents can I make a bunch of coin?
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:15:27 AM

are an interesting concept ,I'd be curious to see how that works.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:43:39 PM

Sure, if enough people want to download your stuff.

mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2431

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 12:46:36 PM

The best idea of a coin i have ever heard.

This might be the replacement of bitcoin that everyone is waiting for.

I wish you best of luck.

Please buy an island and form your own republic there. I want to be your citizen. ThePirate Island.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:37:41 PM

Go for it brother. Very sound idea. Do you have any technologies in mind to build upon thus far?

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:22:31 PM

This project looks exciting, i will def be following.

A few suggestions:

As a regular torrent downloader i must say that as a rule i never download anything that requires a fee, it just goes against the basic principles of torrent network. (Sharing is Caring 😄)

However if you setup the client to allow a new or broke user to participate first, to get some coin, to then make the dl of their choice i could see myself using this. Ie: allow the client to randomly, for free, dl a heavily traded torrent. Once you have uploaded, (participated), enough you earn some coins to get the dl of your choice. This method would hopefuly not disenfranchise anyone and encourage participation from the getgo.

Suggestion number 2. If you find some way to hide ip addresses or make it anonymous then you have a real winner.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 04:24:24 PM

Sure, if enough people want to download your stuff.

That is really exciting Smiley
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:17:33 PM

This project looks exciting, i will def be following.

A few suggestions:

As a regular torrent downloader i must say that as a rule i never download anything that requires a fee, it just goes against the basic principles of torrent network. (Sharing is Caring 😄)

However if you setup the client to allow a new or broke user to participate first, to get some coin, to then make the dl of their choice i could see myself using this. Ie: allow the client to randomly, for free, dl a heavily traded torrent. Once you have uploaded, (participated), enough you earn some coins to get the dl of your choice. This method would hopefuly not disenfranchise anyone and encourage participation from the getgo.

Suggestion number 2. If you find some way to hide ip addresses or make it anonymous then you have a real winner.

Or it could pay you a small amount for uploading your own torrents, and more seeders = more payments to a cutoff point. That way it would give incentive for folks to upload their own media/books/software etc, while starting you off.

Another way could be that every new user gets 'x' amount of coins starting off, and they can use them to download what they want (with the payment you just used to download getting dispersed across seeders), then seed, and as you seed what you download, and your ratio increases, others fees are dispersed around to seeders again.

Grin

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:04:20 PM

Suggestion #3

It would be great if the client also created incentives for people to seed older less traded bonafide content. Maybe the client randomly places or suggests older content , for seeding, that doesn't get traded as much. Maybe these older files get a larger payput as not as much trading happens. This type of method might ensure that classic material continues to get supported.
Voidcrafter

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:40:37 PM

If annonimity could be implemented that would be a huge thing too Smiley

anyways is there any estimate on when this could be released ?

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:58:41 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 04:23:08 PM by PonyBoy

If annonimity could be implemented that would be a huge thing too Smiley

anyways is there any estimate on when this could be released ?

I'm thinking about 2 months. Trying to get some people on board, got a few people interested in helping but they are afk or offline alot. Part of my problem is my full time job, I'm contemplating taking a sabbatical or quitting to work on this. I know it has a ton of potential. If done correctly it will make every public torrent tracker obsolete.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:04:29 PM

Working on a mock up.

I'll upload images as I make them. Smiley

Xaltotun

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:29:44 PM

Just curious, do you have any relations with The Pirate Bay? Or are you just using their brand? Do you have any plans to support them with this endeavor?

I like your idea and am following this thread but concerned that using their name will distract from your mission.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
hussar

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:50:42 PM

very well thought out, good luck.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Equate

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:10:13 PM

Any ETA for wallet release ? and do post more updates about the project development.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:15:21 PM

Just curious, do you have any relations with The Pirate Bay? Or are you just using their brand? Do you have any plans to support them with this endeavor?

I like your idea and am following this thread but concerned that using their name will distract from your mission.

I know a few people personally who have worked with tpb in the past, using the name isn't an issue. tpb even released the code so anyone can start their own pirate bay. Smiley
https://github.com/isohuntto/openbay

The goal is to make TPB immortal. They have been very resilient in the past but making this "coin" will make it impossible to take down making it, in essence, immortal.
Xaltotun

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:23:14 PM

I know a few people personally who have worked with tpb in the past, using the name isn't an issue. tpb even released the code so anyone can start their own pirate bay. Smiley

The goal is to make TPB immortal. They have been very resilient in the past but making this "coin" will make it impossible to take down making it, in essence, immortal.

Nice, I did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to your progress.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:47:40 PM

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:59:36 PM

mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:01:48 PM

Good job dev!

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:17:06 PM

Keep in mind that these are just mock ups. The wallet is not done.  Wink

Still looking for talented devs to lend a hand. I'm working on a way that I can take a sabbatical or quit my job and still be able to pay the bills while I work on this, It would get done so much faster.

I have a few ideas, first is advertising. I'm going to whore out the OP, website, and Wallet. Yes, I said I'm going to put an ad in your wallet. Its the cost of keeping it free.

We have also talked about selling a physical coin or pendant with the coin logo. This way we can make some initial funds available to compensate anyone that contributes.
PM me if you would be interested in buying a physical coin or pendant and I will add you to the notification list.
Voidcrafter

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:22:51 PM

That is also good to hear , I am realy looking forward to this project , I will keep an eye on this thread and would love to help where I can , I could promote , do a translation and could set up a pr twitter account once there are some solid news Smiley

another thing i was wondering about : will there be a max coin supply ?  One coin is always "pegged" against one download right ?

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:33:28 PM

Great Concept!!

Considerations:
Based on this model YiFY and a few others will potentially get the equivalent of always instamining TPB coins.

Not that they wouldn't deserve it but before setting the TPB reward for a very popular torrent setup a testnet and make sure the reward  strongly decreases with popularity so the little guy still has incentive to upload more obscure files.

Also consider whether you want copycats in mass to download a torrent and then reupload it as their own so they can get the huge TPB rewards from the popular torrents.  Have to decide if its good or bad to have hundreds of copycat torrents flooding the network for every popular file which can make it hard for people to know which torrents are safe to DL and those that aren't plus unnecessarily stuffing the database with the same file hundreds of times but under different torrent handles.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:43:27 AM

Great Concept!!

Considerations:
Based on this model YiFY and a few others will potentially get the equivalent of always instamining TPB coins.

Not that they wouldn't deserve it but before setting the TPB reward for a very popular torrent setup a testnet and make sure the reward  strongly decreases with popularity so the little guy still has incentive to upload more obscure files.

Also consider whether you want copycats in mass to download a torrent and then reupload it as their own so they can get the huge TPB rewards from the popular torrents.  Have to decide if its good or bad to have hundreds of copycat torrents flooding the network for every popular file which can make it hard for people to know which torrents are safe to DL and those that aren't plus unnecessarily stuffing the database with the same file hundreds of times but under different torrent handles.

I plan to have a long testnet period and let everyone help debug. I think the best way to go about the upload reward system is to add a tipping button to each torrent. This would send a small amount of funds to an address that only the wallet knows that is linked to that torrent or I could even just changing the first few digits of the tipping address to differentiate it from normal transactions and not let anyone send coins to that address unless they are tipping. Once those funds are sent as a tip they start to stake like other pos coins. The more popular your torrent the more tips it gets and the more coins you are staking. Less safe and/or less popular files won't get tipped therefore won't get a stake.
SpainCoinDev

Activity: 364

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:43:41 PM

To monetize this you'd have to bundle adware/spyware, like most torrent clients do. And maybe display the same crappy ads TPB used to have. And be careful because you might end up in prison like TPB's founders.

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:26:43 PM

If this project used the supernet api in the wallet, it could have easy access to anonymous spending, hiding ip addresses, and decentralized storage as well as many more dev eyes. Might be something to consider, cause why reinvent the wheel?
travis72682

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:36:46 PM

Sounds pretty sweet actually. I'll race for some coins Wink

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:50:16 PM

If this project used the supernet api in the wallet, it could have easy access to anonymous spending, hiding ip addresses, and decentralized storage as well as many more dev eyes. Might be something to consider, cause why reinvent the wheel?

I'm looking into it but the first release version is going to be bare bones, other stuff like anonymity will come later. The first version will have the basic features of magnet storage on the blockchain, tipping/staking for uploaders, and paying/being paid for leaching/seeding. I don't want to add too much to the project before launch as more features means more development time.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:41:12 PM

To monetize this you'd have to bundle adware/spyware, like most torrent clients do. And maybe display the same crappy ads TPB used to have. And be careful because you might end up in prison like TPB's founders.

I know some advertising sites that pay in BTC per ad view I plan to work with them that way it keeps it anonymous on my end. I'm well aware of the possibility of prison, I take every precaution I can to avoid such a fate. The fact is this NEEDS to be done. The RIAA and MPAA need to be shown that they can't step on our freedoms to share information. All information should be free whether it is copyrighted or not. Once this is launched they can arrest me or sue me all they want and I have absolutely no power to take it down. They could burn me at the stake and I have no way to shut it down. I'm willing to take that risk.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:49:59 PM

You could always hide behind: "Oh I didn't know this was gonna happen, all I did was create some software".

Or if people ask you could always deny that you created the app, supposedly you were only the PR person.
Besides there is no server to adress to, you are in the clear mate.

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:22:41 PM

You could always hide behind: "Oh I didn't know this was gonna happen, all I did was create some software".

Or if people ask you could always deny that you created the app, supposedly you were only the PR person.
Besides there is no server to adress to, you are in the clear mate.

Yeah, I'm just creating this as a group project to share linux distros among my friends.  Wink
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:00:06 AM

Wooooot I got the perfect domain. Cheesy

Now to build the site. Cheesy
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:23:11 AM

Looking forward for this project hope the dev could assemble a good team, i like the concept hope its not a forked of datacoin but something new to everyone.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:01:20 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 07:14:08 AM by PonyBoy

Looking forward for this project hope the dev could assemble a good team, i like the concept hope its not a forked of datacoin but something new to everyone.

I can use a few bits and pieces from datacoin but don't want POW at all. Its under 20k to store a whole torrent file. Your standard magnet file and file name is less than 200bytes. If we set block time similar to datacoin and allow 100 uploads per block/minute we should expect a block size of around 20kb per block. Using his math that is around 10.5gb per year blockchain growth. That's 52million torrents uploaded per year. Cheesy

I shouldn't need anything special like datacoin tho. All I really need is a coin with comments on the blockchain and I can incorporate that. Upload a file and it creates the magnet link. That magnet link, file name, and tipping public key are included in a comment on a tx and added to the blockchain. I do a sort and search in the wallet on the comments on the blockchain for what I want. I download the file and after the file is complete I'm given the option to tip. Once I press the button to tip a small amount of coins(a few satoshi) are sent to the pub key attached to that file. All coins sent to the public key are put up for stake in the next block round. There will be 2 seperate pub/priv key sets. One for sending regular transactions, the other is just for tips. There will be a very strict limit of how much can be sent as a tip and how often per pub key. I also have an idea of how to combat spam tips.
melwinder

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:44:12 AM

This seems like a really good idea, given that TPB is down still it will give a lot more incentive to have TPB live again but through Crypto Cheesy
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:51:55 PM

interested in how this progresses.

two HUGE points for using your real account!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
PirateChain

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:26:54 PM

This sounds like a really bad idea. First of all you're already going to have the government up your ass if you create this for free, but if you try to charge any money for it you'll really get taken down like Limewire or something. Also all these Bittorrent coins aren't going to matter compared to the one that finally does it 100% for free. If you run some sort of web portal where it makes it easier to navigate the torrents hidden in the blockchain or something you could serve ads on there and fund your dev costs that way. If you want this project to be truly worthy of The Pirate Bay moniker, build the first decentralized Pirate Bay that can't be taken down. That would be truly epic.

If you're talking about a decentralized P2P payment mechanism built into the protocol for artists and other entities to release premium content, that should be a backburner project until the blockchain torrent structure is implemented. At first it should just be barebones to get the concept up and running and sooner than you can blink you'll have the attention of the whole community interested in your project.

+1  charging people to upload?Huh wtf.  and charging people to download?Huh are you kidding me? this just looks like a way for the devs to make some cash.   Also, realistically the general idea of charging people for something that has been free for the last 10 years is just stupid.  It is adding complexity to the system, not making it more simple. 

2nd of all, if torrenting isn't already illegal enough in some countries, making money off of it takes it to the next level.  You get extra jail time for that. 

There is really only 2 ways that I can think of to make money from a project like this. 

1. put adverts into you client
2. premine all the coins up front and airdrop them out and then let the community use them for tipping. 
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:13:10 PM

+1  charging people to upload?Huh wtf.  and charging people to download?Huh are you kidding me? this just looks like a way for the devs to make some cash.   Also, realistically the general idea of charging people for something that has been free for the last 10 years is just stupid.  It is adding complexity to the system, not making it more simple.  

2nd of all, if torrenting isn't already illegal enough in some countries, making money off of it takes it to the next level.  You get extra jail time for that.  

There is really only 2 ways that I can think of to make money from a project like this.  

1. put adverts into you client
2. premine all the coins up front and airdrop them out and then let the community use them for tipping.  

We are not premining, or running an IPO/ICO. The only way we are making any money to fund the project is through advertisements in the OP, Website, and Wallet. We may also do a fundraising campaign by selling limited edition deco coins.

We will not charge people to upload, uploaders are the ones that get paid the most, and this is where the real mining happens.

The project of letting people charge for premium content is a future addition that is planned. I want to launch the alpha build with atleast magnet storage on the blockchain, magnet search in the wallet, and built in downloader. Also, people who download will have to pay a small fee initially but when they seed back 1:1 they make back what they spent, anything seeded over is profit. Anything the downloaders pay goes directly to the seeders, none goes to us.

I'm not trying to make any money off of this coin through selling media or holding back coins for myself. I want to make this as legit as possible. I have seen way to many projects die before they even launch because the devs were greedy...
Sarahiko

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:26:42 PM

any timeline when will be the project launch?

Its like a private tracker you need to seed in order to download, its a give and take situation.
Annington

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:44:06 PM

ICOs are usually scammy crap but in this case the usual Bittrex based ICO makes sense. The OP comes off as serious and building a robust altcoin based Piratebay will take lots more than one smart guy and volunteers. If they actually got it running this would maybe the only alt with built-in real world facing demand that can delink from dying Bitcoin.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:15:25 PM

very cool
HopeStillFlies

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:02:24 AM

I just... ugh. The ability to embed magnet links into a blockchain has been able to be done for a year now. And the protocol for it is coin-agnostic, you can apply it to anything. 

The reward function is a twist, and I'll keep an eye out on it, but I'll remain skeptical until I see it.
canadian1969

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:03:40 PM

I spoke with the peeps at Bittorrent/uTorrent and while they know about crypto, I don't think they have put 2+2 together yet, however...

Just name it like TorrentCoin (but not dead like TC),  or whatever,  dont tie it to a single torrent index. That way its valid for all torrents, even legitimate ones.  Let Piratebay implement a tip bot or something if they like.

If bittorent was to build a wallet into their existing torrent clients it would be huge, but the probability is it would be BTC. I think this will eventually happen so best beat them to it.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers and good luck
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:53:49 PM

I want to keep track of this and similar projects in one place.

Rather than pose a threat to rights owners, I think projects like TPB have the potential to solve the bandwidth issues that the internet is facing because of the growth in streaming videos.

I also think that digital rights owners can actually use projects like this to save their antiquated business models.

Why? Because what you are doing is figuring out a way for seeders to get paid for seeding. Paying distributors. But wait - that's what rights holders do, they pay distributors to distribute their stuff.

If you can contribute to this work in progress summary of projects, such as TPB, I'm going to send links to news outlets to see if they will cover this new category.

Thanks in advance!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932096.msg10231367#msg10231367
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:22:21 PM

Stole my idea.... I mean I hadnt started it yet but still I was working on this .in my version coins are mined by uploading andit costs coins to download and thpse coins get divided by uploaders

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:34:02 PM

Stole my idea.... I mean I hadnt started it yet but still I was working on this .in my version coins are mined by uploading andit costs coins to download and thpse coins get divided by uploaders

LOL

Cant say its stolen if nothing is published.. I had this idea too, I just dont have the means to create it.

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 12:51:30 PM

This is definitely an idea whose time has come. I hope this is genuine and will actually be built.
sologap

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:18:54 PM

why not make something like bitcomet program ? users get coins instead of points OR points can be redeemed to coins:

How was the score calculated?
BC Score = Points from online time + Points from uploaded Bytes.

Being online can generate 2 points per hour, with a limited maximum of 20 points, per day.
    Uploading files continually, via BitTorrent protocol, can generate 1 point per 10MB, with a limited maximum of 100 points, per day.
    Downloading files, via BitTorrent protocol, doesn't affect the Score. The same applies to HTTP and FTP protocol.
    The Score will be updated every 24 hours.

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:31:02 PM

LOL

Cant say its stolen if nothing is published.. I had this idea too, I just dont have the means to create it.
  right but still id like to offer my support

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
rebroad

Activity: 26
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:32:37 AM

Request: merge-mining with Bitcoin - like namecoin does.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:54:46 AM

Request: merge-mining with Bitcoin - like namecoin does.

Isn't TPB a totally different algo?

Sarahiko

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:00:10 AM

TPB Its a different way of mining coins you have too seed or upload a torrent to earn some coins.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:55:55 AM

TPB Its a different way of mining coins you have too seed or upload a torrent to earn some coins.

So this is just another way to mine coins - proof of bandwidth?

What happens when you get to Max Coin supply?

Bitcoin is due to revert to fees when all 21million Bitcoins are mined.  Proof that fees will generate rewards for nodes and miners is already shaping up as people pay to get their transactions confirmed faster.

Sollozzo

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:35:39 PM

Not sure if you guys saw this

http://mining.mn-ml.co/BitcoinMinerSupply/news/old-pirate-bay-to-reward-contributors-with-100000-in-bitcoin/
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:09:37 PM

How is development of ThePirateBayCoin (TPB) going?
thank you!
najzenmajsen

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:28:46 PM

sorry but ehm , why exactly would this coin get a value ? i mean , i understand the concept etc but i dont see why anyone would want to buy this coin.
VoR0220

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:26:34 PM

I have messaged you with interest to work on development and to work with ideas. Please send a return message. Thank you.
cwrmyy888

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:58:41 PM

How to download the wallet? Grin
cwrmyy888

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:36:17 PM

[/email][/url][/img]
ElmerFUD

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:50:34 PM

There is no wallet to download.  That is why the OP is titled [Pre-ANN]
sologap

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:27:03 PM

dead before launch ? Grin

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:37:31 PM

Rights holders going after torrent users, ISPs forced to disclose information.

This is such a bad move on the part of the rights holders. It will only come back to bite them in other ways. They should figure out ways to make streaming movies easier for people and package up movies to make it more compelling to rent new films online rather than force people to use Torrents or force them to cinemas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-07/dallas-buyers-club-isps-must-hand-over-customer-details/6375358

[cross post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.msg11076943#msg11076943 ]
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:38:49 AM

How about seeders, do they get rewarded? Seeding is the backbone of any torrent, seeders should be rewarded, no?
cwrmyy888

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:32:21 PM

[/email][/url][/img]

There is no wallet to download.  That is why the OP is titled [Pre-ANN]

how ?OP

If yes, I want to invest money
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:09:45 PM

Last Active:   09 March 2015, 09:19:03

sure hope he didn't abandon this  Roll Eyes
Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 09:26:06 AM

Hello PonyBoy,

Here goes some articles (with some simple insights and ideas) loosely related to what you're trying to do:

http://www.coindesk.com/bittorrent-client-integrates-bitcoin-donations/

http://www.coindesk.com/could-cryptocurrency-improve-file-sharing/

http://blog.bittorrent.com/2014/12/10/project-maelstrom-the-internet-we-build-next/

Maybe you should consider using some smart contracts that will be provided (already funcional in testnet) in ethereum. Maybe you might create yours. Details of what I'm talking about are shown at their whitepaper: https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/White-Paper

BTW, there may be developers willing to gather efforts like you wish to do at their forum - forum.ethereum.org - and (as consequence) at Bitshares, NXT and other crypto 2.0 communities as well...

IMHO, because of its complexity your project should be built on top of crypto 2.0 platforms (not of bitcoin, litecoin or other 1.0 altcoins out there - 'cause they might not fit your needs).

Keep up the good efforts!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
V for Varoufakis

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:56:12 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 03:11:10 PM by V for Varoufakis

ThePirateBayCoin is a service that will eventually replace The Pirate Bay. Our goal is to create a blockchain based torrent database. Mining as we know it will not be used. TPB is Proof of Upload or POU. Coins are created like proof of stake but to get a stake you must upload a file, once that file gets 20 downloads or donations your address begins to earn coins. You continue to earn coins as long as people are downloading your torrent. To get more coins you can seed torrents. Every 1GB uploaded you receive 1TPB, and inversely for every 1GB downloaded you pay 1TPB. Seed back 1:1 on a file and you will net 0, nothing paid nothing earned. Seed back 2:1 and earn 1TPB. Uploaders will be given the option to charge per download, charge for the new game you just created, or the song your wrote and produced.

I have the skills to make this happen myself but we all know that a group would get it done faster, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

Website/Forums

Under Construction...

The economic theory behind this is wrong. There is no need to pay. You need only a demmurage (like Freicoin) to ensure the circulation. The Proof of Seeding is good.
Xaltotun

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:37:16 PM

Help us Piratebay Coin, your our only hope.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:35:43 AM

Help us Piratebay Coin, your our only hope.

There are a few projects looking to use torrents

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932096.0

Only support those projects that try to build a bridge with legal downloads and create a local distribution network with rights holders - local people getting paid to seed content locally, e.g ordinary people competing with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
skyline247

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:30:48 PM

Exactly! I think this would be pure GOLD! I love the Proof Of Upload concept, and I love seeing new concepts and groundbreaking technology in the world of Cryptocurrency. I will be watching this thread as it develops. For now, I wish you the best of luck and I hope this goes far. I am definitely on board. My coding skills are archaic, my web designs look like 2nd grade crayola portfolios, and on some days I have trouble even remembering my name, so I don't know how I may help other than spreading the word on social media, but I'll help however I can. Again, good luck, and here's to seeing this project come to fruition.
xxxccc

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:29:20 PM

I dont know why they delete my posts. Anyway, im trying to say that the reward of the seeders/uploders will stopped one day when all the coins mined. How can you ensure the endless reward? One way is with a demurrage.
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:13:25 PM

Somebody needs to bring a torrent tracker database to the block chain.  Surprised this died?
JasonXG

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:04:47 AM

Somebody needs to bring a torrent tracker database to the block chain.  Surprised this died?

I agree ! This is a great idea and a nice way to share files and create more seeders rewarding them for their efforts. Wouldn't be food for me though as I have very low upload speeds. But nixe for others thst seed anyway.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:36:08 PM

torrents on a blockchain - why no one has been successful here.  Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: