Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU miners, welcome  (Read 1479 times)
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:32:24 PM

I want to buy a graphics card to mine some coins. I want to learn and earn at a time Tongue
Please recommend me graphics card with low price with relatively good performance.

And regarding USB mining hardware, how they work ? May I use them to mine in a average pc ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:50:19 PM

I want to buy a graphics card to mine some coins. I want to learn and earn at a time Tongue
Please recommend me graphics card with low price with relatively good performance.

And regarding USB mining hardware, how they work ? May I use them to mine in a average pc ?

here one: with this one you can mine whenever you want (well just avoid present time  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:17:01 AM

I think the 750ti is the most efficient miner considering power costs.  If electricity doesn't matter then just about any AMD card will suit you depending on your budget.  Don't skimp on power.  I highly recommend Silver, gold, platinum or better (is there better?) on power supplies.  The reliability and stability is worth the extra money on power supplies.

Also don't skimp on GPUs.  I have exerience with 280X and Highly recommend anything Asus or Sapphire.  The Sapphire Vapor-x, Sapphire Toxic, and Asus R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 are really good choices and can be picked up cheap second hand.  They are tanks and will work for a long time as long as you treat them well.  If you are setting up an actual rig make sure you pick up a $30 box fan for some good air movement and remember to occasionally lube the gpu fans with a nonconductive electronics lube periodically.

If you really want to explore mining and can afford it, I highly recommend even getting a high quality processor and put it to use mining a good cpu coin like memorycoin.

If there's a microcenter near you you can probably get a sweet deal on the cpu.  

Oh yeah, I mostly gave up on GPU mining but I was like you and wanted to learn about it and try it out.  It was fun!  But... I value my time and decided to go other routes to accumulate coin :-)

gltu!

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:14:48 AM

I think the 750ti is the most efficient miner considering power costs.  If electricity doesn't matter then just about any AMD card will suit you depending on your budget.  Don't skimp on power.  I highly recommend Silver, gold, platinum or better (is there better?) on power supplies.  The reliability and stability is worth the extra money on power supplies.

Also don't skimp on GPUs.  I have exerience with 280X and Highly recommend anything Asus or Sapphire.  The Sapphire Vapor-x, Sapphire Toxic, and Asus R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 are really good choices and can be picked up cheap second hand.  They are tanks and will work for a long time as long as you treat them well.  If you are setting up an actual rig make sure you pick up a $30 box fan for some good air movement and remember to occasionally lube the gpu fans with a nonconductive electronics lube periodically.

If you really want to explore mining and can afford it, I highly recommend even getting a high quality processor and put it to use mining a good cpu coin like memorycoin.

If there's a microcenter near you you can probably get a sweet deal on the cpu.  

Oh yeah, I mostly gave up on GPU mining but I was like you and wanted to learn about it and try it out.  It was fun!  But... I value my time and decided to go other routes to accumulate coin :-)

gltu!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:51:30 PM

malekbaba, you are trying to learn the game that's already over or getting into there within a short time.
No-Gpu or ASICs are capable of giving a +ve return or even a break even at this point in time.
you should have some 2 years before if you were to come now its a loser's or big institutional players game.
Keep a distance from this and save your money and life.

What you said is true for the time being. If the altercoin price rises, then it will be profitable to mine again. If the OP authors just wants to learn about mining, and does not care about profitability, then it is OK to mine.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:34:08 PM

if you have free electricity or very cheap one you could try with one gtx 970 which is good for gaming also, otherwise 750ti
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:36:50 AM

Only way?  Buy used, buy cheap, but you still gotta live by the numbers.  I got a great deal on an R9-290 recently, $220 Canadian.  Ran at 80C when IDLING.  Slapped a $50 water-cooling loop on it so it can run full-tilt now.  Even then, I'll be lucky to get 50c to a buck a day with it.  It's definitely a hobby thing by now, a why not if you got it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:39:16 PM

if you have free electricity or very cheap one you could try with one gtx 970 which is good for gaming also, otherwise 750ti

If you have free power, buy AMD.

this work only with your private miner, otherwise 750ti are far superior, and 970-980 are even better for density
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 03:34:17 PM

I dont get it why? Unless you are talking about used AMD GPU.

Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:37:32 PM

I dont get it why? Unless you are talking about used AMD GPU.

Wolf gets all wet when talking about AMD. You can't really blame him for that. I have the same when it comes to cuda ^^"
Nah, he has priv AMD miners Wink That's why.
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:08:20 AM

And sells them to big miners who then rape all the little guys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: