Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets for Karl Denson's Tiny Universe & Atlanta Funk Society @ Masquerade, ATL  (Read 2619 times)
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 07:47:12 PM

Attention bitcoiner music lovers in the Atlanta area, I'm selling tickets at a discount for:

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe with opening act Atlanta Funk Society (with yours truely on bari)
Wednesday June 1st 7:30 PM at The Masquerade basement
http://www.masqueradeatlanta.com (695 North Ave, Atlanta, GA)

Note that if you want to buy tickets in advance through the offical ticket master site, they are normally $17+$4=$21, but since I'm playing Bari Sax in the opening act, The Atlanta Funk Society, I have a bunch of tickets that I can sell at the discount of $15.  Just PM me, and we can perform the transaction at current bitcoin-to-USD exhange rate (e.g. mtgox).  Then I will either mail the ticket to you, meet you in person, or give you the tickets outside the masquerade just before the concert time. 

It will be a funky night!  And for those of you that don't know what I sound like, check out youtube.com/ericfontainejazz or podcast.ericfontainejazz.com.  But the real show you don't want to miss is Karl Denson (just youtube him).

Karl Denson has led a storied career as a multi-faceted recording and performing artist who first came to prominence as a member of Lenny Kravitz’ band debuting on his first release, Let Love Rule. Denson took this formula to the next level by putting more emphasis on vocals and adding some funk, R&B and hip hop elements. It turned out to be a winning combination, which set KDTU on the top of the heap in the touring world from 1999 through 2005, selling over 250,000 records to date. "My style is based in dance" shares Denson. Denson’s latest release, Brother’s Keeper, continues his artistic evolution fusing sounds from Rock to Funk to Afrobeat.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 07:54:50 PM

Let me know if you ever go on tour near Louisville, Ky.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 08:05:38 PM

Let me know if you ever go on tour near Louisville, Ky.

Cool.  I will.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 08:06:02 PM

Haha it IS a tiny universe! I've seen you play dude! Seen the Funk group on Mondays, jam on Tuesdays at the 5, also saw Newberry at Grant Park Fest last year.    Nice to know you're a bitcoiner and nicer to know about the show. PM me your addy with the btc figure you want sent to it. I think I could pick up the tix if you'll be at the 5 on monday or tuesday.

em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 08:20:00 PM

Haha it IS a tiny universe! I've seen you play dude! Seen the Funk group on Mondays, jam on Tuesdays at the 5, also saw Newberry at Grant Park Fest last year.    Nice to know you're a bitcoiner and nicer to know about the show. PM me your addy with the btc figure you want sent to it. I think I could pick up the tix if you'll be at the 5 on monday or tuesday.

Sweet!  Yes I'll playing at the 5 next tuesday.  Note that ATL funk is no longer doing mondays since about 2 months ago (spot wasn't making enough money), so this masquerade show will be the first time our band is back together for a while.

xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Very cool.  I lived in Atlanta for 10+ years, and visited the Masq many times.
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 08:32:46 PM

Very cool.  I lived in Atlanta for 10+ years, and visited the Masq many times.

Cool.  Feel free to tell your friends in Atlanta to PM me, either from here on the bitcoin forum or from my youtube channel or ericfontainejazz@gmail.com

em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 12:59:25 AM

I wont have the tickets at the five spot tonight, since they aren't currently in my hand yet.  For sure I will have them next week.

Also, note that im playing in the Atlanta All Star Soul Review this comming Friday 9:00pm in both the George Hughley Band, The Atlanta Funk Society, and The Soulphonics.  Tickets are $12 USD, but will accept a discount price in bitcoin and put your name on the guest list.

charliesheen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 04:48:37 PM

The first public bitcoin gathering Inside The Perimeter?

em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 06:04:58 PM

The first public bitcoin gathering Inside The Perimeter?

Not only that, but most likely the first concert tickets for bitcoin transaction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: