Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:30:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am Getting Out of Bitcoin  (Read 2699 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:47:52 AM

laterzzzzzz.... I'll be thinking about you and everyone else like you when I sell 1 btc for 10k in the coming years.

Grin
germanuniv

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:52:12 AM

I am getting completely out of Bitcoin and transitioning to something more promising for the future. Some alternatives that have caught my attention are: Ripple & Stellar.

Something more promising for the future can't be an altcoin can it?  I'm not getting out of Bitcoin because there are individuals selling out, bowing to the man, attempting to integrate with the establishment. They can do what they want. You know what's best for you, if taking a financial loss will make you run to an altcoin, then what will happen when stellar fails?
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:43:06 PM

A little premature I think because their is so much Bitcoin development on the cusp of being released. Multiple killer aps in 2015!

Here's a killer app for 2015...

https://twitter.com/enej_p/status/544902992399720450

Cummins59

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:57:29 PM

We need a new digital currency that breaks apart from Bitcoin. Its kind of dumb to have everything depend on one thing.

It's here, they're launching 1.0 within a month & there's a chance this will topple Bitcoin, if it continues to be weak this year imo...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnunXnLdJdw&feature=youtu.be

Websites, launches etc. all being revamped atm. but it will all be pretty awesome soon.

You guys are living in a pipe dream. With no regulation it doesn't work. Any person with just a bit of common sense that gets scammed just once is done.
It has happened to more people by more scammers than anything I have ever seen in my lifetime and I am 48 so I have seen a lot. Unless you have a Federal Authority that will prosecute and help recover funds by protecting against fraud, it just won't work. I was in love with BTC until all of the scamming took place. At first it was bad but recoverable due to mining but now with zero profitability in mining the scambaggers are really at work. You have had companies with millions of dollars folding left and right with no remorse and no consequences.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 03:33:35 PM

We need a new digital currency that breaks apart from Bitcoin. Its kind of dumb to have everything depend on one thing.

It's here, they're launching 1.0 within a month & there's a chance this will topple Bitcoin, if it continues to be weak this year imo...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnunXnLdJdw&feature=youtu.be

Websites, launches etc. all being revamped atm. but it will all be pretty awesome soon.

You guys are living in a pipe dream. With no regulation it doesn't work. Any person with just a bit of common sense that gets scammed just once is done.
It has happened to more people by more scammers than anything I have ever seen in my lifetime and I am 48 so I have seen a lot. Unless you have a Federal Authority that will prosecute and help recover funds by protecting against fraud, it just won't work. I was in love with BTC until all of the scamming took place. At first it was bad but recoverable due to mining but now with zero profitability in mining the scambaggers are really at work. You have had companies with millions of dollars folding left and right with no remorse and no consequences.
I totally agree. I am totally in support of crypto. Whether it's btc, nxt or quarkbar. but there needs to be a regulatory authority. It's great to think that we could have a total decentralized currency but it just won't work without regulation.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:51:45 PM

$1.2 million worth of bitcoins are being dropped in market on daily basis. We don't have buyers.

I've sold mine as well and I'll just watch it for few months and buy at $20

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
RixDollar

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:37:04 PM

Now is not the time to get out.

Stick around.

We're still mid-cycle in the overall progressional development.
Nikolai the Barber

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:46:58 PM

$1.2 million worth of bitcoins are being dropped in market on daily basis. We don't have buyers.

I've sold mine as well and I'll just watch it for few months and buy at $20

I think you might be waiting a lot longer for that to happen. Bitcoin wont go down that far. The only way is up this year. Have faith.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:12:36 PM

Wrong time to sell out.

The price fluctuates up and down based on the market. It's down right now, but it will go back up as the market predicts.
BitCoin still has a few more years as the gold of crypto, but I don't thing it will stay as strong as it is now because as you said, Mining is becoming less and less profitable. Mining ends in like 2045, so who in the right mind will mine until then? I think markets will move more from a PoW to a PoS.
sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:27:59 PM

Wrong time to sell out.

The price fluctuates up and down based on the market. It's down right now, but it will go back up as the market predicts.
BitCoin still has a few more years as the gold of crypto, but I don't thing it will stay as strong as it is now because as you said, Mining is becoming less and less profitable. Mining ends in like 2045, so who in the right mind will mine until then? I think markets will move more from a PoW to a PoS.

I do indeed agree with you... price will go up Smiley
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:29:35 PM

The second half of 2011 and first half of 2012 felt the same. Get over it.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:56:48 PM

btc is more accepted every day and on good way to become mainstream. i dont care if that down trend is caused by satoshi nakamoto dumping his coins, scared investors or anything else, it is buying time lol. sure i will not sell house and wife for it but most of free bucks will run thar way.
DrGrid

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:03:19 PM

I feel Bitcoin is taking a big hit and people are getting bored with it. Mining is not profitable what so ever, people keep selling out, it seems the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin is turning into the Fall and Fall of Bitcoin. I am getting completely out of Bitcoin and transitioning to something more promising for the future. Some alternatives that have caught my attention are: Ripple & Stellar.
Whats your guys opinion about Bitcoin? Are you guys getting out and transitioning also? What other currencies are you looking into?
Finally some illustrated despair, get ready for the disbelief in a few month's time.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 10:36:20 PM

People don't realize massive merchant adoption is a double edged sword. When they all dump straight to fiat to pay salaries, bills, etc., this is what happens

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:21:14 PM

I feel Bitcoin is taking a big hit and people are getting bored with it. Mining is not profitable what so ever, people keep selling out, it seems the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin is turning into the Fall and Fall of Bitcoin. I am getting completely out of Bitcoin and transitioning to something more promising for the future. Some alternatives that have caught my attention are: Ripple & Stellar.

Whats your guys opinion about Bitcoin? Are you guys getting out and transitioning also? What other currencies are you looking into?

Unobtanium adresses the problem bitcoin has with the constant sellpressure.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0

and it's trustless and without premine - not like ripple a gamble on what the central authority decides to do next.

Uno is on a longterm uptrend since last July.
Cummins59

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:42:06 PM

What u guys can't get through your heads is that mining and speculation drove btc up. The market became flooded by miners paying for bills and converting coin into cash. That combined with never ending bad news and scamming drove the price down and now that mining is not profitable there is no demand. Everyone keeps saying "oh it's just because all the merchants are turning coin into cash" that is BULLSHIT. Nobody wants to hold coin and everyone wants and needs cash to survive. The concept of bitcoin is great but it is in a downward spiral. I am sure it may rally again on a "sucker rally" but it will NEVER see the 1K highs again until there is regulation that holds businesses accountable and gives the sender some recourse.

AND any cloud mining right now is pure PONZI. Unless you have free electric, free mining equip and free space, your at a loss.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:29:16 AM

and it's trustless and without premine - not like ripple a gamble on what the central authority decides to do next.

You guys must be doing amazing if you have to post in every thread about it. These people want to dump on unsuspecting buyers that do no research. Be wary of such drivel

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:36:51 AM

You guys must be doing amazing if you have to post in every thread about it. These people want to dump on unsuspecting buyers that do no research. Be wary of such drivel

Just spreading the word as there are solutions to every problem. The coin is around since 2013 and has great things coming. There is no reason to sell it right now or in the near future. If you're scared, don't buy it.

Got to wonder what your problem is with it in case there would be one.

And yes, we are doing amazing.
Sumo

Activity: 1098

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:26:41 AM

Therefore the system that btc operates under is flawed hence the reason the POS coins and coins like Ripple will start to take over.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:34:42 AM

I'd keep what you have invested into Bitcoin, but if you're still interested in Crypto, you should continue to look at projects that have some growth potential to them. You mentioned Ripple and Stellar, there's some potential in those, same with Ethereum. You might also want to look at SJCX (http://storj.io/) which will allow you to buy/sell disk extra disk space in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: