Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 02:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by Paycoin, looks like they were copying Ziftrcoin?  (Read 2292 times)
DiabolusLoki (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:22:45 AM

Anyone looked into this http://ziftrcoin.com deal? It looks like the real deal as they have an actual team lead by a veteran tech wizard, Bob Wilkins and are plugging crypto into a large and existing network of shoppers and merchants.

Paycoin's strength was marketing and PR inside the bitcoin community, but they lack the management, product knowledge, existing staff, etc... to create it.   Ziftr's strength is in real ecommerce products that are totally outside the bitcoin space, hence they haven't gotten the hype like paycoin does.  Is it better to bring bitcoin into your product specialty? Or to use bitcoin to move into a new industry?
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:29:51 AM

Is it better to bring bitcoin into your product specialty? Or to use bitcoin to move into a new industry?

I think the former is better. To have existing sales channels and known customers and plug a new feature/product into the revenue stream is a lot easier then moving blindly into an industry you know nothing about.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
ashleygrey08

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:22:22 AM

I read in the news that PayCoin is Delisted from ShapeShift.io.
DiabolusLoki (OP)

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:46:51 PM

I read in the news that PayCoin is Delisted from ShapeShift.io.

Yup, the ecommerce pay will be big...there is no doubt...Paycoin just got their cart before the horse, they don't have the software or relationships in that space to actually execute on the plan.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:38:39 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 02:33:20 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:30:29 AM

where's the ann? If it doesn't ann here i'm not interested.
ZWGuy

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 02:44:20 AM

where's the ann? If it doesn't ann here i'm not interested.

We've announced the presale with links to pertinent information and news articles about the coin here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894605.0

Hopefully you'll find it interesting. We welcome any and all feedback and/or questions.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:25:20 AM

"Re: Scammed by Paycoin, looks like they were copying Ziftrcoin?"

I wouldn't go around telling people ziftrcoin is the daddy of paycoin if you want to sell this stuff.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:41:19 AM

I wouldn't go around telling people ziftrcoin is the daddy of paycoin if you want to sell this stuff.

That's what you call shooting yourself in the foot.

ZWGuy

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 04:48:39 AM

Haha. This is a good point. I certainly did not mean to imply any relationships or make any accusations in either direction. Ziftr has nothing to do with the creation of this thread. I simply wished to answer another user's question regarding where on bitcointalk they could find more information about us.
ashleygrey08

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:21:16 AM

I can see that Ziftrcoin is better than Paycoin... Paycoin facing a lot of controversy right now.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 05:44:10 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 05:54:23 AM by iGotSpots

Pst...we had cloud staking for MMXIV like 8 months ago. Anything he says is a lie lol

(It's also extremely insecure. He will get "robbed," most likely by himself)

shit coin

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:35:16 AM

That could easily get ziftrcoin tarred with the same shit coin brush as paycoin.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:42:22 AM

Ziftrcoin has nothing.

XPY has nothing either but at least it has community that'll hold your bag for you

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:41:05 AM

Anyone looked into this http://ziftrcoin.com deal? It looks like the real deal as they have an actual team lead by a veteran tech wizard, Bob Wilkins and are plugging crypto into a large and existing network of shoppers and merchants.

Paycoin's strength was marketing and PR inside the bitcoin community, but they lack the management, product knowledge, existing staff, etc... to create it.   Ziftr's strength is in real ecommerce products that are totally outside the bitcoin space, hence they haven't gotten the hype like paycoin does.  Is it better to bring bitcoin into your product specialty? Or to use bitcoin to move into a new industry?

Huh?   Paycoin (xpy) exists and ziftrcoin doesn't exist.   Besides the ziftrcoin sign to mine idea is crazy.   No one is going to want to give out the private keys of a wallet to mine.   That means there won't be pools just some random solo mining.   It isn't going to be a healthy coin ever with that approach.   They will likely change it, but still ... how you copy something that doesn't exist?

Paycoin did copy plenty of concepts and things from other coins, no doubt of that.  Very altcoin has done that.   
Aur3

Embrace change

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:20:28 AM

Besides the ziftrcoin sign to mine idea is crazy.   No one is going to want to give out the private keys of a wallet to mine.
Totally incorrect, no private keys are given out...source, Sign to Mine section here: http://www.ziftrcoin.com/docs/ziftrcoin-whitepaper.pdf

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:25:51 AM

Besides the ziftrcoin sign to mine idea is crazy.   No one is going to want to give out the private keys of a wallet to mine.
Totally incorrect, no private keys are given out...source, Sign to Mine section here: http://www.ziftrcoin.com/docs/ziftrcoin-whitepaper.pdf

That is used in Spreadcoin so to say: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.0
http://spreadcoin.net/files/SpreadCoin-WhitePaper.pdf

"To prove knowledge of the private key and whole block there are two new fields in the block header:
MinerSignature and hashWholeBlock"

Read the whitepaper for more information, spreadcoin sourcecode is available also.
https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin/blob/4e085e8f3feba1c36cacf0355840f886c14a71ac/src/main.h#L1461 etc.

dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:58:44 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 07:10:12 AM by dyask

Besides the ziftrcoin sign to mine idea is crazy.   No one is going to want to give out the private keys of a wallet to mine.

If you are mining in a pool you have to give your private key to the pool, otherwise you can't be paid with the sign to mine.    What it does is force everyone to solo mine.   Again I think it is a crazy idea.   The whole point of it is to prevent pool mining.   Yes the whitepaper talks about new types of pools ...

Anyway if you look at the blogs it doesn't seem they are very committed to their ziftrcoin.

EDIT: Or else some other protocol could be used where miners only take the coins they are allowed.    I suppose the pool could take all the coins and send them later too.   Workarounds would be used if the coin is successful.  
ashleygrey08

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:18:11 AM

Ziftrcoin is legit. I go to their site and read some reviews and it all explains all my questions.
Aur3

Embrace change

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:23:52 AM

Anyway if you look at the blogs it doesn't seem they are very committed to their ziftrcoin.

Just checked the blog and saw 2 new posts...check them out. I think the Sign to Mine is a great commitment to distributed networks that should be looked at more closely.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: