Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp - hot wallet problem  (Read 2289 times)
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:18:31 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 06:47:40 PM by mayax

this is insane  Shocked . why does this keep happening? I guess history repeats itself

Because most of these exchangers are ran by amateurs, hipters who thinks about their self that they are GODS.
That's why these things are happening. Look to their behavior. They think that they are a corporation; same as Mtgox or Moolah.

Look here : http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e63_1404777061   Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao

This is a common behavior for almost all these "exchangers". They are "busy" people, full of the word's problems.Nobody can understand what  burden they carry but in essence they are some kids who saw a lot of money in their hands. Smiley

They are full of vanity....they know better than anyone how the "things" are in the financial industry even they have 25 years old.
They create "scripts" on  knees and saying "it's the best"  even they only tested for 1-2 weeks.

A real software it's tested for months and even so you cannot declare it as safe.
 That's why all the hacks are happening. The greed and vanity will bring down all these so called exchangers.

Unfortunately, their clients will pay the bill.
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:56:35 PM

If only there was some sort of...rule or ruleset....that could have ensured they weren't operating by amateur hour standards....hmmm
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:19:46 PM

This whole bitstamp fiasco is killing my investments right now, everything keeps going down and down some more.

That reddit post about the 18k bitcoins with huge tx fees doesn't make me feel too good either. Considering my options, I don't want to sell but if bitstamp has this huge loss down goes bitcoin. If not, then well I sold to smarter people who now bought my coins for cheap...sigh. These are the times I hate of crypto where only the insiders know and just holding these coins is the biggest gamble around.

demonz

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:25:25 PM

this is insane  Shocked . why does this keep happening? I guess history repeats itself

Because most of these exchangers are ran by amateurs, hipters who thinks about their self that they are GODS.
That's why these things are happening. Look to their behavior. They think that they are a corporation; same as Mtgox or Moolah.

This is a common behavior for almost all these "exchangers". They are "busy" people, full of the word's problems.Nobody can understand what  burden they carry but in essence they are some kids who saw a lot of money in their hands. Smiley

They are full of vanity....they know better than anyone how the "things" are in the financial industry even they have 25 years old.
They create "scripts" on  knees and saying "it's the best"  even they only tested for 1-2 weeks.

A real software it's tested for months and even so you cannot declare it as safe.
 That's why all the hacks are happening. The greed and vanity will bring down all these so called exchangers.

In that youtube video, Mark Karpeles is smiling when he meets the protester. Wish he would of slugged him in the face. I think you're right about the profiling of these kids. They think they are unassailable and don't have to answer to anyone. Including customers.

Seems like more than just exchanges are run by amateurs though. I'm sure you heard of the latest GAW/Paycoin debacle? Not 100% confirmed scam but definitely a very poorly managed company.  It seems the BTC community has become a snarling pit bull though and won't be as easily scammed.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:08:05 PM

In that youtube video, Mark Karpeles is smiling when he meets the protester. Wish he would of slugged him in the face. I think you're right about the profiling of these kids. They think they are unassailable and don't have to answer to anyone. Including customers.

Seems like more than just exchanges are run by amateurs though. I'm sure you heard of the latest GAW/Paycoin debacle? Not 100% confirmed scam but definitely a very poorly managed company.  It seems the BTC community has become a snarling pit bull though and won't be as easily scammed.

all the scammers are smiling. why not? they earned a lot of money.
The trust in Bitcoin will sick. All the press agencies will announce another collapse tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Yes, these biggest Bitcoinn exchangers are ran by hipters, kids or people who wants to make money overnight not to built a real company.
Yesterday Mt Gox, today Bitstamp, tomorrow Bitfinex and Coinbase after tomorrow...and so on. Not to mention BTC-e. A big exchanger but nobody knows where it is based...nothing Smiley

These people made millions of USD, tens of millions. It's OK for them to close the biz.

You can live your life where you want and how you want when you have millions in your bank account (not in Bitcoin where it can be hacked). Smiley
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:40:27 PM

Seems all peeps funds are covered.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitstamp-claims-roughly-19000-btc-lost-hot-wallet-hack/
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:45:33 PM

Today I received note from Bitstamp about some issues with their hot wallet. They stopped procesing withdrawals.

And on top of it:
"You should STOP SENDING bitcoin deposits to your Bitstamp account IMMEDIATELY as private keys of your deposit address may be lost.
Your bitcoins already deposited with us are stored in a cold wallet and can not be affected."

Can anyone confirm the same? Unfortunately I did not sent any bitcoins there, but I am worry little bit now. I trust Bitstamp.

yes, i got it too, all we can do is wait for the next update whatever it is...
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:26:59 PM

Don't you find it interesting that it happend on the same day bitcoin broke through 12 month low?

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 12:35:36 AM

Don't you find it interesting that it happend on the same day bitcoin broke through 12 month low?

Totally. My weird mind says it's Bitstamp keeping people from selling.
But it's just a drunk brain fart.
starfishi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:53:48 AM

There is no such thing, as bad promotion.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:46:53 AM

Totally. My weird mind says it's Bitstamp keeping people from selling.
But it's just a drunk brain fart.

why not? Bitcoin price is going down = exchangers are making millions from the difference of price.

- let's say you bought 250 BTC with 100K via bank wire. 1 BTC = 400
- you trade for a while and you see the price is going down. what do you think? hey, let's sell and I am recovering a part of my money; and you sell.
- now, you will you see 250 BTC for 70K.   1 BTC = 280 USD

The exchanger will send you the bank wire for 70K but he is sending the transfer from YOUR 100K Smiley
Exchanger profit = 30K because he has your 100K (USD/EURO) in his bank account already.

Now, a new "investor" will come thinking "Bitcoin price is down, it's time to buy". The price is raising and then it will fall.
Of course, the big exchangers are "giving" money from the previous HUGE earnings just to attract new fouls with new funds. Smiley

This is for a short period of time. They give "some" and they will earn A LOT.

That's why they need visibility/noise in the news. Because with every single news other fouls will come with new funds.

...And that's why the exchangers are having very, very low fees of 0.2% for trading or free for withdrawals. They do not care about these money. The REAL money are made with the Bitcoin price. How can financial company exists with 0.2% per transaction? Smiley
There are few BIG exchangers and they give the Bitcoing price. They know the market, they know what funds are coming, the other small exchangers are related with them(all the small exchangers are exchaging with the big ones) .

Now, tell me. Do you really think that there is no manipulation on market? I am not addresing the question to monkeys, hipters  but to people with a human brain Smiley

Get real, the exchangers are making millions from the Bitcoing price and not from "trading"
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: