Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NUCLEAR IS GREENEST TECHNOLOGY CLAIM 65 TOP BIOLOGISTS  (Read 4176 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:35:05 PM

Personally I have no problem with radioactivity... It's an eternal and inevitable part of our world, just like air, water or sunlight:

(c) myself

However, I have problem with these greenpeace zombies, who have brought nothing but damage and growing entropy. Roll Eyes

Agree with you, if nuclear energy is done properly, then it is the most efficient source of energy, and the best choice for the environment. Unfortunately it has a bad reputation because when there is an accident, it's pretty dramatic.

Here's an analogy for trying to get through to the "greenpeace zombies":

Imagine the difference between airliners and cars, specifically when they have accidents. Airliners rarely crash, but when they do it's pretty gnarly, and it's in the news. Cars crash all the time, and kill loads more people, but many people perceive cars as safer.

Imagine that nuclear energy is airliners, and fossil fuel combustion is cars. Except that nuclear energy is a lot safer than airliners, and getting safer all the time.

Well OK, maybe not the best analogy in the world, but you gotta keep it simple for these guys yo.

PS. Have you got any brazil nuts? Point your Geiger counter at one and take a photo. For science.  Smiley

There was nothing wrong with your analogy

Wink

blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:31:41 PM

Agree with you, if nuclear energy is done properly, then it is the most efficient source of energy, and the best choice for the environment. Unfortunately it has a bad reputation because when there is an accident, it's pretty dramatic.

Well, if scientists and engineers could develop methods with which to burn the the vast majority of the nuclear waste in reactors, so that it does not get concentrated in the first place, that would be progress.

Ultimately it's the horrific dirtiness of the contents that are allowed to accumulate in reactors that is one of the real problems. In terms of a visual spectacle, even Chernobyl was probably less dramatic than the average cool store fire. But a cool store is just a refrigerated building with thick styrofoam walls. It doesn't have actinides and pressurised gases that could shorten the lives of millions of people with "random"/"unpredictable" cancers that are easily blamed on cigarettes.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:40:40 PM

To my knowlage, the USA has had 3 nuclear reactor accidents that could count as "serious".

Most folks know about Three Mile Island - which released less radiation than a year's worth of background count, but COULD have been worse. The "could have been" is the ONLY reason I count it as serious.

Detroit Edison had a really close near-miss back in the EARLY days of nuclear power, due to bad work on the construction of the plant involved and some other "newbie" type errors made, but IIRC didn't have any release at all. "We Almost Lost Detroit" is a bit sensationalistic but covers that event. Again, serious due to the COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

There was a Navy training reactor had a major operator error that actually managed to kill someone. IIRC Idaho Falls facility back in the 1960s. I don't remember if that one managed to release any radiation to the outside world, but it wasn't a lot if it did. Someone dying in a nuclear reactor accident definitely counts as serious.

I suspect there were other nuclear-related non-bomb-caused deaths, but not due to "reactor accidents" but more due to the effects of radiation not being well understood early on and some folks got overdosed without realise what they were doing. Reference the death of Madam Curie for the definitive example.

Any open air nuclear bomb TEST released a lot more radiation into the environment than the sum total of ALL reactor accidents to date except PERHAPS Chernobyl.

Chernoybl was a major disaster because of the design of the reactor - a design the US Nuclear Power industry NEVER used. I think Hanford might have used that design on 1 or 2 of their first "production" reactors in the 1940s for making plutonium bomb material, and the test reactor at the University of Chicago was an even more primitive version of the same. I've never understood why the Soviets used that design for a power reactor, and consider them very lucky to have only had ONE accident with them.

There is ZERO probabilty of being able to "burn" nuclear waste in a reactor. The waste would poison the reactor to the point it would just stop working long before you could "burn" it, and most reaction products of that waste are JUST as radioactive anyway.

BTW folks - if you want a SERIOUS radiation issue, go visit Mercury or anywhere near the Sun.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:41:26 PM

I hazard a guess that no one here has read this amazing site The Keshe Foundation

And its gone.
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:11:12 PM

There is ZERO probabilty of being able to "burn" nuclear waste in a reactor. The waste would poison the reactor to the point it would just stop working long before you could "burn" it, and most reaction products of that waste are JUST as radioactive anyway.

What about the molten salt ones with fast neutrons, or cyclonic filtration? Isn't there at least some provision for real-time self-cleaning? That would still be a lot better than a batch-based process, where nothing is done about dangerous waste until it's time for a periodic fuel-swap manoeuvre.

BTW folks - if you want a SERIOUS radiation issue, go visit Mercury or anywhere near the Sun.

I'm curious about life there on the shadow side, or even close to the sunset/sunrise rim.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:23:23 PM

I hazard a guess that no one here has read this amazing site The Keshe Foundation

Can you tell us what their solution is about? Their videos are either short but vague, or very long.

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:37:05 PM

Can you tell us what their solution is about? Their videos are either short but vague, or very long.

Too long to really explain, in a nutshell it is free energy forever (for everyone)
This guy invented the tech (Remember the US downed drones by Iran) down with no damage.
I believe it was his knowledge that done this, possibly under duress by his government.

He has also sent all world governments and the U.N. the blueprints to make this free energy available, this happened a while ago mind you, I have not really kept up with this website in a couple of years, but as we can see in the present day no government has released it.

Oh yes you can dowload it for yourself from the site, its a pain looking for it though.
Most of it is in PDF format... check the forums the link is some where there, anyone with scientific knowledge would be at ease with it I suppose.

This guy has has had a hard time getting noticed, by the mainstream media, and we know why, suppression.

And its gone.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:26:31 AM

Too long to really explain, in a nutshell it is free energy forever (for everyone)
This guy invented the tech (Remember the US downed drones by Iran) down with no damage.
I believe it was his knowledge that done this, possibly under duress by his government.

He has also sent all world governments and the U.N. the blueprints to make this free energy available, this happened a while ago mind you, I have not really kept up with this website in a couple of years, but as we can see in the present day no government has released it.

Oh yes you can dowload it for yourself from the site, its a pain looking for it though.
Most of it is in PDF format... check the forums the link is some where there, anyone with scientific knowledge would be at ease with it I suppose.

This guy has has had a hard time getting noticed, by the mainstream media, and we know why, suppression.

They wanted to stop all wars, hunger and energy problems in 2014 as with the release of the misterious technology.

Seems like a huge scam.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:04:59 PM

keshefoundation

https://youtu.be/b4yN-xqZN6w

The Magrav-Power Blueprint is NOW AVAILABLE!
Here is the link to download:
http://blueprint.keshefoundation.org/blueprint.html

And its gone.
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:06:44 AM

Thorium - World's Powerful Stuff They Don't Want You to Know (Documentary & Discovery HD Channel)

Does not operate at high pressure and is self regulating and shuts itself down Its so energy dense its more efficient that Coal by factors of 1000 000 and uranium by factors of 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcHx_9DMcc&list=LL2SUmeAzu4qXRc5uQe4eZCw&index=1

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
isvicre

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:38:36 AM

This is actually what Greenpeace lovers never understands.
Nuclear might be dangerous I understand but it does not spread pollution for sure.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:49:50 PM

That nuclear power is 'greener' than fossil fuels is not in doubt, nor is the idea that nuclear could sustain rising energy demand

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:06:03 AM

This is actually what Greenpeace lovers never understands.
Nuclear might be dangerous I understand but it does not spread pollution for sure.
thats mostly because of the stigma that is associated with the word "nuclear;" the first thing that comes to mind after hearing that word is likely "bomb." add in that the general population is not only uneducated, but ignorant, and its clear innovative ideas such as nuclear power wont get the backing they should have anytime soon. quite unfortunate considering our main sources of energy (oil, coal) are due to run out in a few decades. however, as for the second part of your statement, nuclear energy, as great as it can be, is not foolproof yet. accidents can happen, and the problem of managing nuclear waste from power plants is still a question that needs to be solved without extensive contamination from waste products.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:09:45 AM

How fucking dumb are you!? Fukishima reaction is still GOING, poluted and poisining marine life... We dont control it, never have, we just use it like the foolish monkeys we are, also research the leaking radioactivity ALL OVER the globe, it isnt safe, it shall never be safe, wind and sun is all we need, please research...

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:13:44 AM

How fucking dumb are you!? Fukishima reaction is still GOING, poluted and poisining marine life... We dont control it, never have, we just use it like the foolish monkeys we are, also research the leaking radioactivity ALL OVER the globe, it isnt safe, it shall never be safe, wind and sun is all we need, please research...
the problem with wind and solar energy is, farms take up a lot of space, and natural energy alone wont be enough to sustain human society's energy needs. accidents such as fukushima and chernobyl are bound to happen, but that's because the technology isnt perfected yet; give nuclear energy research the funding and support it needs, and we might be oil-free within two decades with natural energy sources as a  supplement.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:31:36 PM

If the waste is properly stored, then nuclear energy is the cheapest and the greenest form of energy available to the humans. Let's compare the other options:

1. Hydropower: Cheap. But destroys the local ecology, and causes large-scale deforestation and climate change.
2. Coal: Cheap. But causes huge amounts of atmospheric pollution and acid rain.
3. Solar: Expensive and produces huge amounts of toxic waste products (during the construction of the panels).
4. Wind: Expensive, but green.
5. Gas / Oil: Expensive and causes pollution / global warming.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:30:27 PM

Thorium - World's Powerful Stuff They Don't Want You to Know (Documentary & Discovery HD Channel)

Does not operate at high pressure and is self regulating and shuts itself down Its so energy dense its more efficient that Coal by factors of 1000 000 and uranium by factors of 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcHx_9DMcc&list=LL2SUmeAzu4qXRc5uQe4eZCw&index=1

Along with uranium, thorium deposits are practically end less source of energy. But unfortunately, this industry won't get approval from coal & oil oligarchs. They would prefer to continue poisoning us with mercury and other heavy metals. And their lapdogs, such as Greenpeace sluts, will continue to serve their interests.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:35:04 PM

Along with uranium, thorium deposits are practically end less source of energy. But unfortunately, this industry won't get approval from coal & oil oligarchs.

at least not until its absolutely, beyond any lunatic's doubt, that coal and oil are running out (likely within years when this decision will come to pass) and wont be able to sustain human society for more than a few more years. wont even matter much then, as when the fossil fuel resources start running dry, most of the big players in coal and oil will be dying of old age (~25 - 30 years into the future).

by the time nuclear power research gets the backing it needs, we'll be on the brink of collapse due to energy needs.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:15:38 PM

Along with uranium, thorium deposits are practically end less source of energy. But unfortunately, this industry won't get approval from coal & oil oligarchs. They would prefer to continue poisoning us with mercury and other heavy metals. And their lapdogs, such as Greenpeace sluts, will continue to serve their interests.

These Greenpeace fucks are the biggest hypocrites in the world. They say that they are pro-environment, and at the same time they are diametrically opposed to the greenest form of energy and want to kill millions of people every year by putting up new thermal, oil and gas power plants. They mst be getting good funding from the OPEC.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:28:05 PM

Chernoybl was a major disaster because of the design of the reactor - a design the US Nuclear Power industry NEVER used. I think Hanford might have used that design on 1 or 2 of their first "production" reactors in the 1940s for making plutonium bomb material, and the test reactor at the University of Chicago was an even more primitive version of the same. I've never understood why the Soviets used that design for a power reactor, and consider them very lucky to have only had ONE accident with them.

This is the reason:

"By using a minimalist design that used regular (light) water for cooling and graphite for moderation, it was possible to use natural uranium for fuel (instead of the considerably more expensive enriched uranium). This allowed for an extraordinarily large and powerful reactor that was also cheap enough to be built in large numbers and simple enough to be maintained and operated by local personnel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBMK
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: