Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:25:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-01-05] CNBC: Major bitcoin exchange suspended after price plunge  (Read 803 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:40:28 PM

Major bitcoin exchange suspended after price plunge

Some, however, are not buying this explanation.

"Don't believe Bitstamp. It's a matter of liquidity," Jeffrey Robinson, author "BitCon: The Naked Truth about Bitcoin" wrote to CNBC. "Who's next? It's as if Bitstamp realized they couldn't internalize the risk anymore so just decided, Let's suspend operations until everything settles down."

No matter what the cause of the service halt, Monday's news will be of key importance for the future of the cryptocurrency, according to "Fast Money" trader Brian Kelly.

"This is a critical moment for Bitcoin. As Adam Smith said, 'all money is a matter of confidence' and the reaction to this potential hack will either serve to undermine or bolster confidence," he wrote.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102309754

KEY MOMENT GUYS! ALL OR NOTHING NOW ! DO THE RIGHT THING BITCOIN!  Grin

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:11:03 PM

Major bitcoin exchange suspended after price plunge

Some, however, are not buying this explanation.

"Don't believe Bitstamp. It's a matter of liquidity," Jeffrey Robinson, author "BitCon: The Naked Truth about Bitcoin" wrote to CNBC. "Who's next? It's as if Bitstamp realized they couldn't internalize the risk anymore so just decided, Let's suspend operations until everything settles down."

No matter what the cause of the service halt, Monday's news will be of key importance for the future of the cryptocurrency, according to "Fast Money" trader Brian Kelly.

"This is a critical moment for Bitcoin. As Adam Smith said, 'all money is a matter of confidence' and the reaction to this potential hack will either serve to undermine or bolster confidence," he wrote.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102309754

KEY MOMENT GUYS! ALL OR NOTHING NOW ! DO THE RIGHT THING BITCOIN!  Grin

Heard it all before. Seen it all before.

Nothing to worry about the Bitcoin ecosystem itself is actually stronger than ever.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:47:03 PM

HODL!

I'm actually going to stash my coins for the moment, there may be a buyback that causes Bitcoin to rise again because of this, it's just a question of what will trigger it, finally, something interesting is happening.

This asshole again? He's fishing for attention isn't he? It's like Bitcoin did something to him personally lol.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:48:51 PM

HODL!

I'm actually going to stash my coins for the moment, there may be a buyback that causes Bitcoin to rise again because of this, it's just a question of what will trigger it, finally, something interesting is happening.

Agreed. This could be the cheapest coins we see for a very long time.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:50:23 PM

HODL!

Interesting point I thought I'd make here, while the Bitcoin price certainly has gone down difficulty is holding and going up slightly sooo Wink Cheesy
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:46:23 PM

HODL!

Interesting point I thought I'd make here, while the Bitcoin price certainly has gone down difficulty is holding and going up slightly sooo Wink Cheesy

The ecosystem itself is the strongest its ever been regardless of the exchange rate Wink And yes I noticed the new diff increase too Wink
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:18:26 AM

Love it one massive exchange goes then another and another. Big deal right huh not really considering theirs many more exchanges out their. If you going to trade at least have your coins spread out across exchanges or at least only put into exchanges when you are going to trade and not keep them in their as an on line wallet to risk that exchange closing down or running into masses of problems and cant get jack out.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █