Author Topic: ...  (Read 1959 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 06:06:01 PM

Or one could just read my last post.

He knows I'm not Atlas. He was implying that I'm behaving like him.

You are all getting off-topic and you won't like me when you get off-topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:16:44 PM

That's very interesting. What was the flaw that you discovered with his reasoning?

I never finished it. I started reading it, couldn't make much sense of it and gave up. Nobody else has been able to give me a good summary of the argument.

I also notice that nobody has attacked my argument head on so I'm guessing they can't?

I see the right to equal treatment as being important.  Some people say the NAP entitles you to discriminate on grounds of race or religion in who you do business with and whom you hire.

Is that your interpretation of the NAP?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:18:08 PM

Exactly? No. If you get Stefan Molyneux here to make his argument or if you'd like to do it in his stead, I'm more than willing to debate.
I wonder if it would be productive. If I was Molyneux I wouldn't debate someone who started of with "I don't think UPB is worth reading." because "I started reading it, couldn't make much sense of it and gave up." followed by a statement that nobody is willing to do the intellectual work for you.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:19:48 PM

I see the right to equal treatment as being important.  Some people say the NAP entitles you to discriminate on grounds of race or religion in who you do business with and who you hire.

I don't see the Non-aggression principle as a guideline for a lifestyle. I think Hitler himself could have been a racist crazy that he was and still been a NAP follower, he would have just had to piss jews off to get them to attack him first.  Wink

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

I see the right to equal treatment as being important.  Some people say the NAP entitles you to discriminate on grounds of race or religion in who you do business with and who you hire.

I don't see the Non-aggression principle as a guideline for a lifestyle. I think Hitler himself could have been a racist crazy that he was and still been a NAP follower, he would have just had to piss jews off to get them to attack him first.  Wink

So in simple terms you don't see non-discrimination laws as being against the NAP?  We are fine then Smiley
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:30:16 PM

So in simple terms you don't see non-discrimination laws as being against the NAP?  We are fine then Smiley

Discrimination is a form of ignorance and coercion is it not?

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:47:02 PM

Discrimination is a form of ignorance and coercion is it not?

Ignorance yes.  Coercion? Well it violates the right to equal treatment so I think you are right. There are others here who feel very strongly that racial discrimination cannot be restricted under the NAP.

What does Nghtrppr think? He's the one who sets out the challenge :O

NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 06:56:42 PM

I think this thread is locked and the other thread will have zero tolerance for off-topic discussion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: