Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs. the Banks  (Read 7445 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Watch this and you'll understand why banks are bad MKay

http://vimeo.com/2244372
http://vimeo.com/6822294

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:53:01 PM

Matthew,

LOL! This is the best laugh I've had all day. Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of the bank trash-talkers who continue to patronize them. Folks, if you want monetary (read "personal") freedom stop using the banks. Wean yourself off of them. Exchange locally instead of using exchanges that are tied to the banking system.
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:55:46 PM

That's not a bank.
That's the shard.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:57:24 PM

@Matthew.
In the second picture of you at the bank I noticed your nice Asian form as you hand him the magazine. Presenting it with both hands and a slight bow, proper. Your no Korea noob.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:24:02 PM

@Matthew.
In the second picture of you at the bank I noticed your nice Asian form as you hand him the magazine. Presenting it with both hands and a slight bow, proper. Your no Korea noob.  Cheesy

I lol'ed

Watch this and you'll understand why banks are bad MKay

http://vimeo.com/2244372
http://vimeo.com/6822294

If banks are bad, then BitInstant is bad. How do you feel about credit unions then? Trusts? Any kind of organization or group that handles money for another other group or organization?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:09:22 PM

If banks are bad, then BitInstant is bad. How do you feel about credit unions then? Trusts? Any kind of organization or group that handles money for another other group or organization?

A system that allow private people to create money out of nowhere is nothing but good. It gives way too much power to some people working in shadow. It's the biggest error humankind has made in history. The only entity that should have the right to do so is a democratic government working with open book which is not the case actually. Trust is also a very dangerous system because it can hide any form of monopoly and also gives too much power to private entities.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:12:03 PM

A system that allow private people to create money out of nowhere is nothing but good. It's give way too much power to some people working in shadow. It's the biggest error humankind has made in history. The only entity that should have the right to do so is a democratic government working with open book which is not the case actually. Trust is also a very dangerous system because it can hide any form of monopoly and also gives too much power to private entities.

Ack, there he goes again  Cheesy
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:13:11 PM

You can laugh if you want but tell me where I am wrong

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:16:03 PM

If you don't hate the nature of banks, you sure will when capital controls come into play.

Just posting this here, so I can dig it back up when this starts to occur for a nice "remember when I said..." post. I simply don't trust banks, at all. Nice people work for companies and organizations that are reprehensible all the time. My complaint isn't with them, more that the bank exists in its current form and is a parasite in the financial system.

I'd diversify and prepare if I were you.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:01:55 PM

If you don't hate the nature of banks, you sure will when capital controls come into play.

Just posting this here, so I can dig it back up when this starts to occur for a nice "remember when I said..." post. I simply don't trust banks, at all. Nice people work for companies and organizations that are reprehensible all the time. My complaint isn't with them, more that the bank exists in its current form and is a parasite in the financial system.

I'd diversify and prepare if I were you.

Well spoken and exactly the same way I feel.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 01:07:24 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2012, 10:02:01 AM by Boussac

You can laugh if you want but tell me where I am wrong

Bitcoin allows me to be my own bank.
A bitcoin bank does not take this freedom away from me.
A bitcoin bank is one click away from its nearest competitor because bitcoin lowers the barrier to entry or exit.

That's how bitcoin banks (like paytunia) are different from traditional banks.
It's not that we don't like traditional banks (ahem): we don't like the way they operate.

You are not wrong but you are missing half of the picture.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:55:54 PM

You want to bark about the existence of banks? Yell at yourself for still using one.

I agree with this statement completely.

But again, it's not "banks" as a concept which are the problem. The problem is central government control of money - the problems that arise from modern banks are but symptoms of this government involvement in money itself. In a truly free market, where government does not get to monopolize money production, banks would serve customers well, and make wise financial decisions, or go out of business.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:12:12 AM

But again, it's not "banks" as a concept which are the problem. The problem is central government control of money - the problems that arise from modern banks are but symptoms of this government involvement in money itself. In a truly free market, where government does not get to monopolize money production, banks would serve customers well, and make wise financial decisions, or go out of business.

Governments is not in control of any currency, I don't know where you took this idea. Government is only regulating this stupid system. "banks" as the actual concept is a real problem because all money in circulation represent a dept and can be taken away from you (as society) at their all mighty willing at any moment. How a monetary system that only depend on its credit can be a good concept for the people. This concept is only good for the banks itself and that's all.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:27:10 AM

Governments is not in control of any currency, I don't know where you took this idea. Government is only regulating this stupid system. "banks" as the actual concept is a real problem because all money in circulation represent a dept and can be taken away from you (as society) at their all mighty willing at any moment. How a monetary system that only depend on its credit can be a good concept for the people. This concept is only good for the banks itself and that's all.
Oh? Would you care to speculate where all the frozen wikileaks funds are? And how they got frozen in the first place? That sounds a lot like governmental control, doesn't it?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:30:44 AM

Oh? Would you care to speculate where all the frozen wikileaks funds are? And how they got frozen in the first place? That sounds a lot like governmental control, doesn't it?

I didn't know that Bank of America and MasterCard who where the first to threaten wikileaks was own by the government...

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:36:04 AM

I didn't know that Bank of America and MasterCard who where the first to threaten wikileaks was own by the government...
Show me where they turn them away before the goverment got involved and poked its smelly nose into places where it didn't belong.

Do you seriously think they would turn away a revenue generating customer solely on ideological pretenses? Hell no.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:40:09 AM

Show me where they turn them away before the goverment got involved and poked its smelly nose into places where it didn't belong.

Do you seriously think they would turn away a revenue generating customer solely on ideological pretenses? Hell no.

I don't know the particulars here, but I do know BofA was the target of one of their bigger leaks, so it may not have been solely ideological pretenses.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:44:25 AM

Understand this no mater what you have been told in school. All war since at least 200 years ago is only for 1 thing. Who is gonna own the printing machine of the country. Just make research on banking history and you will understand much more the actual society.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:47:13 AM

Government and banking industries are walking hand by hand. But observe this, government is changing while who owns the banks are not so now guess who is telling who what to do.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:53:02 AM

I don't have a bank account. Not one. Can I still hate banks, Matthew?

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: