Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 01:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new fiat slaves, gentlemen.  (Read 3382 times)
TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:57:06 AM

How does the dynamic on bitcointalk change when the bitcoin experiment fails and it falls to the $1-$5 range? The legendary early adopters will no longer hold power and the forum at whole will become a better distributed/ fairer environment. Since most people came into bitcoin to increase their FIAT holdings, they have totally missed the point and too much emphasis is on price rather than technology. Looking over the forum, people are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs, hoping (like a religious sect) for the price to rise. They have indirectly become slaves to the very system that satoshi was looking to fix.

As soon as bitcoin fails, we can live in harmony. All you should care about is 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:10:11 AM

Since most people came into bitcoin to increase their FIAT holdings, they have totally missed the point and too much emphasis is on price rather than technology. Looking over the forum, people are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs, hoping (like a religious sect) for the price to rise. They have indirectly become slaves to the very system that satoshi was looking to fix.

irony.jpeg

Majority of its users are investors/speculators (including myself)  so I guess we all get what we deserved, amirite? 

Greed breeds more greed.

hahaha
Mr Spread

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:33:21 AM

I'll still be using bitcoin even if the price falls down to $1 because it is a world changing piece of technology. But of course if an altcoin survives and surpasses bitcoin then I assume everyone will switch to that, including me.
TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:37:40 AM

I'll still be using bitcoin even if the price falls down to $1 because it is a world changing piece of technology. But of course if an altcoin survives and surpasses bitcoin then I assume everyone will switch to that, including me.

I researched a lot of bitcoin's history today and when I came to this forum, there was a stark contrast. I'm glad to see some people still see bitcoin as a technological marvel rather than a get-rich-quick scheme.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:38:27 AM

Plot twist, Satoshi found out to have abandoned bitcoin and made tons of altcoins while he was at it. Now he abandoned both and is fcking hot bitches in some island. what a boss
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:03:04 AM

when you review this troll post five years later , you will realize posted this kind of shit is really waste of time  Roll Eyes
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:08:47 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 03:22:15 AM by Bit_Happy

All you should care about is 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

Gold (for example) has a price related to fiat and so will Bitcoin. Now, a large-scale economy that used only gold, silver, and BTC would be a fun experience.  Smiley

altcoin hitler

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:30:48 AM

we need a meme of the always bleeding bitcoin - i'm just not good with photoshop.

Bitcoins endless bloody waterfalls make it pretty UNSEXY

It's not the future, it's the currency of degenerate gamblers and druglords.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:34:57 AM

we need a meme of the always bleeding bitcoin - i'm just not good with photoshop.

Bitcoins endless bloody waterfalls make it pretty UNSEXY

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3089

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:37:59 AM

Some altcoin will still survive, no doubt.  They're fairly resilient.

One altcoin will eventually surpass Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the first, and as evolution has shown us, the first draft never lasts long as there are always changes for the better.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:41:14 AM

Some altcoin will still survive, no doubt.  They're fairly resilient.

One altcoin will eventually surpass Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the first, and as evolution has shown us, the first draft never lasts long as there are always changes for the better.

Anything's possible, well that's how the saying goes anyway

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:44:36 AM

I'm not so sure about one altcoin overcoming bitcoin. Bitcoin's been around for too long and nobody has even heard of almost any altcoins. An altcoin would have to REALLY bring something to the table to do anything.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:47:59 AM

sub 100 would be great to re-distribution as many people would be buying again and bitcoin dismal wealth distribution, on pair with the lowest 3rd world countries would look a little better.

waiting for sub 100 might be a tad optimistic

look wat just happened to bitstamp

playing the leverage game is very risky

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:52:58 AM

lol  Roll Eyes

You new to Bitcoin?!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:00:31 AM

lol  Roll Eyes

You new to Bitcoin?!

wearing diapers

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:43:39 AM

bitcoin sub 100$ means a couple of things:

-can't hold value (shit to put money on longterm)
-an altcoin has easy game to conquer no.1 spot
-it ruined a lot of people and these people will not come back or buy lower - they will give you sellwalls
-your myth of exponential growth is debunked (already is)
-extreme volatility confirmed
- and so on

Bitcoin sub 100$ is not going to come back up imo - or not higher than back to 200$ before dumping down again.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:49:20 AM

BTC has proven able to surprise in both directions:
It could go to $43 and hit $2,499 in the same 12 month period...

...and this place would be more fun again.

altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:56:06 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 06:06:09 AM by altcoin hitler

BTC has proven able to surprise in both directions:
It could go to $43 and hit $2,499 in the same 12 month period...

...and this place would be more fun again.

dude, it's a pump and dump shitcoin
it's not superior to any other coin  - only in hashrate and that should change too hopefully.

A good coin is no torture but fun. Bitcoin is low-end outdated shitcoin with far too much hashrate on it. (no wonder because it pays miners massive amounts of coins)

People got wise - nobody gonna buy coins just to give their money to miners. Bitcoin is going nowhere until it gets pumped and dumped again at the halving and then do nothing for 4 years again like every p'nD pennystock does.

You got to note: bitcoin goes down for months and months with no real bottom, then shoots up for 2 weeks and gets dumped again. It's the perfect pump and dump shitcoin.  

Pretty scammy too.

If you want to save your funds from economic turmoil buy gold, silver, food, guns - not bitcoin
Bitcoin is just a bad gambling-habbit and will go nowhere.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:34:19 AM

While Bitcoin was the first piece of world-changing technology, let's face it - it has shortcomings that can be addressed in newer and better digital currencies.

Digital currencies are the future, but the world will eventually move to a better alternative than Bitcoin.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:26:15 AM

I'll be buying like a muther hucker if it gets anywhere near to $1. I remember the last couple times I bought bitcoin around $1. Always worked out well. :-)

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: