Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What cryptocurrency do you have the most faith in the long term?
Bitcoin - 77 (11.3%)
Litecoin - 13 (1.9%)
Ripple - 16 (2.3%)
Paycoin - 10 (1.5%)
NXT - 153 (22.4%)
NEM - 103 (15.1%)
Qora - 3 (0.4%)
Dogecoin - 5 (0.7%)
Counterparty - 4 (0.6%)
Peercoin - 5 (0.7%)
Blackcoin - 4 (0.6%)
Namecoin - 1 (0.1%)
Quark - 2 (0.3%)
Monero - 75 (11%)
XC - 4 (0.6%)
Reddcoin - 3 (0.4%)
Megacoin - 8 (1.2%)
Ethereum - 7 (1%)
Darkcoin - 57 (8.3%)
unobtanium - 30 (4.4%)
Great Empire - 3 (0.4%)
Bitshares - 35 (5.1%)
Magi - 46 (6.7%)
Digibyte - 19 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 683

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What cryptocurrency do you have the most faith in the long term?  (Read 20430 times)
Sons_of_Crypto

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:56:07 PM

http://bitswift.io/

Bitswift by a MILE...this coin has tons going for it and devs are working hard behind the scenes.  So much coming out in the coming month(s), it will put most other coins to shame (almost does already lol).

Buy and hold, it's only going up...they're making sure of that Wink.

Don't say I didn't give you a heads up.

***Whale watching***
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:03:16 PM

Bitcoin's gotta succeed for anything else on that list to succeed.

can you explain why?

If it can be shown that a solid cryptocurrency with 98% (nearly total) marketshare, with it's corresponding network effect and fearsome hashrate, can fail..  the idea that artificially scarce code can reliably store value will have been permanently shattered.

So when the new king is crowned with 60% marketshare, people are not going to buy it, literally and figuratively.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:19:42 PM

can you explain why?

If it can be shown that a solid cryptocurrency with 98% (nearly total) marketshare such as bitcoin, with it's corresponding network effect, can fail..  the idea that artificially scarce code can reliably store value will have been permanently shattered. So when the new king is crowned with 60% marketshare, people are not going to buy it, literally and figuratively.

i see your point but i think you paint it a bit too black. After all bitcoin was no 'store of value' - if it would have been that, we would now not be in this miserable situation. You talk about 'artificial scarcity' but bitcoin was not and for a long time will not be 'scarce' - that's the main problem.

Maybe not one but 3 or 4 kings are crowned? People have a choice and the best wins. Like a horse race. People will understand that and crypto will be treated for what it is: a risky investement in a new tech. One or two decades down the road things may be more manifested. I don't see a problem with abandoning bitcoin at all. Not abandoning it would cause a fail of the whole industry. Bitcoin can still hold a decent marketcap without being the primary coin. It's the free market and evolution - there's nothing wrong with that and it's authentic. Nothing will be shattered. Forcing a coin onto people that is nonsense from an economic and also from a darwinistic standpoint is BS. If bitcoin after this past years performance would remain number 1 all this industry would have lost credibility.
We have learned a few lessons from it so it was good.
Time to move on ...
protip:
Next time use a coin that doesn't dump all year long so the point with the 'artificial scarce code' can be made once again.
It's an evolving, evolutionary process. Believing something else is madness.

Nothing is set in stone.

"Panta rhei" my friend. You would be surprised to hear all these 'permabulls' were selling all the time while telling you how bitcoin will be the big thing. Only trust your own judgement - never let yourself be influenced by what others say because they sell you all kinds of bullshit. Bitcoin-pumpers are no exception.
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:22:01 PM

Bitshares!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:41:43 PM

Seems to me the writers of this article have only chosen the coins they like to promote!   Grin

No single word about NXT or NEM or another faithful venture.

coindesk is biased. Listening to them has always been a way to loose money. They are the same as the bitcoin-pumpers. They tell you in their articles what they have their money on  Roll Eyes
If they don't have a stake in it, they don't write about it. Pretty useless website if you ask me.
You can use them as a sellindicator like the blonde on twitter. When they start to hype a coin it's time to get out normally.
Pretty sure they can be bribed too.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:45:19 PM

NEM
and
SUPERNET

IOTA
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:46:49 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 05:07:58 PM by rocoro

Clams.. among a few other proof of stake coins..

Was a fair initial distribution model (if you had btc, ltc or doge back around May, odds are you have clams!),
has good control of inflation and becoming accepted at more places.

Go clams!

Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:53:07 PM

BTC and NXT!!
jehst

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:08:22 PM

can you explain why?

If it can be shown that a solid cryptocurrency with 98% (nearly total) marketshare such as bitcoin, with it's corresponding network effect, can fail..  the idea that artificially scarce code can reliably store value will have been permanently shattered. So when the new king is crowned with 60% marketshare, people are not going to buy it, literally and figuratively.

i see your point but i think you paint it a bit too black. After all bitcoin was no 'store of value' - if it would have been that, we would now not be in this miserable situation. You talk about 'artificial scarcity' but bitcoin was not and for a long time will not be 'scarce' - that's the main problem.

Maybe not one but 3 or 4 kings are crowned? People have a choice and the best wins. Like a horse race. People will understand that and crypto will be treated for what it is: a risky investement in a new tech. One or two decades down the road things may be more manifested. I don't see a problem with abandoning bitcoin at all. Not abandoning it would cause a fail of the whole industry. Bitcoin can still hold a decent marketcap without being the primary coin. It's the free market and evolution - there's nothing wrong with that and it's authentic. Nothing will be shattered. Forcing a coin onto people that is nonsense from an economic and also from a darwinistic standpoint is BS. If bitcoin after this past years performance would remain number 1 all this industry would have lost credibility.
Time to move on ...
protip:
Next time use a coin that doesn't dump all year long so the point with the 'artificial scarce code' can be made once again.

Nothing is set in stone.

"Panta rhei" my friend. You would be surprised to hear all these 'permabulls' were selling all the time while telling you how bitcoin will be the big thing. Only trust your own judgement - never let yourself be influenced by what others say because they sell you all kinds of bullshit. Bitcoin-pumpers are no exception.

I think we basically agree. I don't think bitcoin can fail as in go to zero for no good reason and be replaced by another big (billion dollar) cryptocurrency and so on in a cycle of total failure after succession after total failure. I think succession in cryptocurrency has to mirror the example of empires in world hisgtory.

The Roman empire can wane, and the Holy Roman Empire can replace it but Italian powers are still a thing. Still a force to be reckoned with.

The British empire can wane and America rises but the United Kingdom is still a thing. It's still a force.

Every dynasty in China claims to hold the "heavenly mandate." The divine right to rule. Legitimacy.

As you said, you can have bitcoin wane and lose marketshare to some novel, useful technologies, but it'll still be considered a success if it survives and holds a decent marketcap.

But if bitcoin fails completely, then I believe that the legitimacy of cryptocurrency is irredeemably compromised. And that's what I mean. If bitcoin's not a success, nothing will be a success. Every novel blockchain-based cryptocurrency is flowing forth from the tradition of bitcoin.

Year 2021
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:13:37 PM

can you explain why?

Time to move on ...
protip:
Next time use a coin that doesn't dump all year long so the point with the 'artificial scarce code' can be made once again.

Nothing is set in stone.

I think we basically agree. I don't think bitcoin can fail as in go to zero for no good reason and be replaced by another big (billion dollar) cryptocurrency and so on in a cycle of total failure after succession after total failure. I think succession in cryptocurrency has to follow the example of empires in world hisgtory.

The Roman empire can wane, and the Holy Roman Empire can replace it but Italian powers are still a thing. Still a force to be reckoned with.

The British empire can wane and America rises but the United Kingdom is still a thing. It's still a force.

As you said, you can have bitcoin wane and lose marketshare to some novel, useful technologies, but it'll still be considered a success if it survives and holds a decent marketcap. And that's what I mean. If bitcoin's not a success, nothing will be a success. Everything is flowing from the tradition of bitcoin.

No,  bitcoin can fail and something can rise up to replace it being more of a success.  
Look at other technologies,  like search engines.  

Before google there was crappy stuff like altavista, yahoo and those are still around,  but google rose up to be a success.
Just because the earlier search engines more or less failed.. it didn't mean nothing else was going to come along.

The market & majority of popularity/population decides, not you.  

Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:29:01 PM

I think we basically agree. I don't think bitcoin can fail as in go to zero for no good reason and be replaced by another big (billion dollar) cryptocurrency and so on in a cycle of total failure after succession after total failure. I think succession in cryptocurrency has to mirror the example of empires in world hisgtory.

Every dynasty in China claims to hold the "heavenly mandate." The divine right to rule. Legitimacy.

As you said, you can have bitcoin wane and lose marketshare to some novel, useful technologies, but it'll still be considered a success if it survives and holds a decent marketcap.

But if bitcoin fails completely, then I believe that the legitimacy of cryptocurrency is irredeemably compromised. And that's what I mean. If bitcoin's not a success, nothing will be a success. Every novel blockchain-based cryptocurrency is flowing forth from the tradition of bitcoin.

it won't go to zero in a splitsecond. The market is just governed by supply and demand. The free market is the real thing. You can't argue against it without looking like a fool. Every Coin is governed by the same supply/demand game.
I think 50$ for a Bitcoin can be had throughout the year. Will it reach 1000$ soon? Probably not although you never know. In the meantime we'll make profit with other things and everyone will be more than happy to finally be out of this bearmarket. If bitcoin doesn't come out ahead this time it's no big deal. Even a complete fail would not end the industry although it would look much better to the general public if it would gradually decline instead of just crash and i think it will do exactly that. It's still good for transactions even if it can't hold the value so it won't be totally useless and abandoned by next week but it will have to face the competition.
It's all going to turn out ok in the end i am sure.
What needs to be achieved is some kind of better climate in the forum and more cooperation between the legit coins and not so much trashing each other of good projects. But i am confident we can get there when there's profit for everyone again.
Most important for everyone will be to bring down the number of scams and bring up the number of legit longterm projects so the PR for all crypto doesn't suffer more than it already did.

Bitcoin will have pump and dump value for at least another year would be my expectation.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:36:49 PM

Seems to me the writers of this article have only chosen the coins they like to promote!   Grin

No single word about NXT or NEM or another faithful venture.

nxt and nem to watch in 2015? no way, they have a shady background with annoying shills and no future
jehst

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:48:39 PM

can you explain why?

Time to move on ...
protip:

Nothing is set in stone.

I think we basically agree. I don't think bitcoin can fail as in go to zero for no good reason and be replaced by another big (billion dollar) cryptocurrency and so on in a cycle of total failure after succession after total failure. I think succession in cryptocurrency has to follow the example of empires in world hisgtory.

As you said, you can have bitcoin wane and lose marketshare to some novel, useful technologies, but it'll still be considered a success if it survives and holds a decent marketcap. And that's what I mean. If bitcoin's not a success, nothing will be a success. Everything is flowing from the tradition of bitcoin.

No,  bitcoin can fail and something can rise up to replace it being more of a success.  
Look at other technologies,  like search engines.  

Before google there was crappy stuff like altavista, yahoo and those are still around,  but google rose up to be a success.
Just because the earlier search engines more or less failed.. it didn't mean nothing else was going to come along.

The market & majority of popularity/population decides, not you.  

This may just be semantics, because I consider Altavista and Yahoo to be successes. Yahoo is still running shit in Japan, Taiwan, and a few other places. They've lost prominence but they are undeniable successes. So yes, I agree that bitcoin can become equivalent to a Yahoo. Some people consider that a failure. I don't.

Year 2021
Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:02:03 PM

This may just be semantics, because I consider Altavista and Yahoo to be successes. Yahoo is still running shit in Japan, Taiwan, and a few other places. They've lost prominence but they are undeniable successes. So yes, I agree that bitcoin can become equivalent to a Yahoo. Some people consider that a failure. I don't.

which makes me think different cryptocoins can be dominant in different parts of the world. They all will be more or less accepted everywhere but china will maybe prefer another coin than the US for example. The competition takes place on many levels. I think competition is necessary for evolution and a healthy thing as long as we keep it civilised.
In the end of the day it's supply and demand in the free market. No exception.
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

Hmm...don't see BitShares on that list...my vote goes there.
jehst

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:04:45 PM

which makes me think different cryptocoins can be dominant in different parts of the world. They all will be more or less accepted everywhere but china will maybe prefer another coin than the US for example. The competition takes place on many levels. I think competition is necessary for evolution and a healthy thing as long as we keep it civilised.

Oh, for sure. "Ybcoin" is a total enigma in the Anglosphere. Westerners don't even know what the hell it is, yet it's got a multi-million dollar market cap. It's totally Chinese.

Year 2021
Muuurrrrica!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:05:59 PM

Oh, for sure. "Ybcoin" is a total enigma in the Anglosphere. Westerners don't even know what the hell it is, yet it's got a multi-million dollar market cap. It's totally Chinese.

there you go  Wink
samuel999

Activity: 256

CSGOBetGuide.com - Esports Gambling List

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:14:23 PM

Well here's the truth: it tends to be whichever one they're invested in.  Which hopefully is the strongest coin most of the time.
mikeoxhard

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

Id like to vote for Unobtanium!
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:11:05 PM

At this point, I would have to say Ripple (xrp). Seems to be the one with any kind of legitimacy.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: