Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPhone.net - Bitcoin powered global payphone  (Read 2136 times)
BitPhone.net (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:46:40 AM

Hey Bitcoin community!   I need some help funding the development of my Bitphone.net project.

Development has already started on a Global Bitcoin based Payphone.  Call anywhere in the world with our WebRTC (browser based) payphone.
I have the skills and team to deliver this in the next few months.  I am a telephony veteran and have built many useful phone system projects.

Check it out here: http://www.bitphone.net

Please help spread the word! Your small donation will really help! Lets make this a phone a reality!

Thanks for your support!
gavin@bitphone.net

http://bitphone.azurewebsites.net/Images/bitphone2_logo.gif

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 01:45:43 AM

Hey Bitcoin community!   I need some help funding the development of my Bitphone.net project.

Development has already started on a Global Bitcoin based Payphone.  Call anywhere in the world with our WebRTC (browser based) payphone.
I have the skills and team to deliver this in the next few months.  I am a telephony veteran and have built many useful phone system projects.

Please help spread the word! Your small donation will really help! Lets make this a phone a reality!

Thanks for your support!
gavin@bitphone.net

So I get out my smartphone and pay it, so I can make a phone call?
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 05:45:43 AM

Its like call world wide with btc as payment?
Already have service like this right.
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:04:10 AM

Not that I know of..  Even if there is, now there will be a better one!
sifter

Activity: 574

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:31:07 PM

Thanks for your support!
gavin@bitphone.net

So I get out my smartphone and pay it, so I can make a phone call?

Cheesy

I think this has been flawed already.

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:33:42 AM

What does that mean?  Its been flawed already..  I think its a cool idea, a BitCoin Payphone.
Gumbork

Activity: 583

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:48:12 AM

What does that mean?  Its been flawed already..  I think its a cool idea, a BitCoin Payphone.

there is an altcoin that has a phonegateway, talk to the dev maybe he could help you out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936224.0

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:33:57 AM

Hmmm, not sure I like the idea of creating a new coin for it.  I think that's part of whats given Bitcoin and Crypto-currency in general a bad name.  There are too many Crypto-Currencies!  Most have no discernible value and have mostly failed!

This phone will work like a Payphone you see at the gas station except its in your browser and it will only accept Bitcoin.
If you register you can add a larger balance, even use your own phone number.  This allows you to place a .20 cent call if you want, or get good rates in foreign countries at cheaper rates than skype and you dont need to register to use the phone.

I'm not so worried about the phone being Encrypted.  It is on the WebRTC side, but since you are calling POTS telephone numbers there are many carriers on the other side that you cant encrypt.  Doing WebRTC -> Web RTC ie (Browser to Browser) communication IS encrypted End to End, and you dont have to pay the carrier for minutes..

Don't you think that is a better idea than a coin?  Seems like they are just complicating things a bit.
CloakT

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:42:39 AM

Hmmm, not sure I like the idea of creating a new coin for it.  I think that's part of whats given Bitcoin and Crypto-currency in general a bad name.  There are too many Crypto-Currencies!  Most have no discernible value and have mostly failed!

This phone will work like a Payphone you see at the gas station except its in your browser and it will only accept Bitcoin.
If you register you can add a larger balance, even use your own phone number.  This allows you to place a .20 cent call if you want, or get good rates in foreign countries at cheaper rates than skype and you dont need to register to use the phone.

I'm not so worried about the phone being Encrypted.  It is on the WebRTC side, but since you are calling POTS telephone numbers there are many carriers on the other side that you cant encrypt.  Doing WebRTC -> Web RTC ie (Browser to Browser) communication IS encrypted End to End, and you dont have to pay the carrier for minutes..

Don't you think that is a better idea than a coin?  Seems like they are just complicating things a bit.
Could be cool if it then had a app for it.

But I also like the idea of decentralization, even if it's not a "currency"
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:51:40 AM

Well you could say Skype is a "Decentralized phone system" based on it's design.  To connect to the existing telephone network  you have to go through the carriers who own the numbers.  The whole system is antiquated!

The more and more people move to SIP makes it easier like routing http traffic.  ie placing calls, but as long as those pesky phone numbers are around people will need to call them and pay the carriers for their minutes..

Web RTC to Web RTC is a direct peer to peer conversation, identical to a skype call really except you can do it with your browser.  You only need a middle man to provide the domain for you both to meet up at.

So after the payphone I want to provide a Browser -> Browser call and provide the url.  Ie something like (fake url)  bitphone.net/call/someidnumber

Navigating to this could require a password or be wide open depending on the creators preference.
Calls then happen Mic ->Browser ->WebRTC->Internet-> Web RTC -> Speakers and back, peer to peer and encypted by the web RTC protocol.

So, it really is decentralized as you can get.  Bitphone just provides the Urls.  The payphone is to help call real numbers..
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:08:09 AM

No offense but We coined the name Bitphone in mid December.
Here's the graphic for the release...posted on January 9th.It will be launched in addition to the Korephone.

Hi,

Tell your friend we really appreciate his skill!

See if he would like to involved in some projects for the korephone or bitphone in the future.

Could you throw around some ideas about the name:

Bitphone

Much thanks!
 Smiley
I told to him,

Wink

We can use him where he's good at and I think what he's done is awesome.

In all of this type graphics.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:23:34 AM

there is an altcoin that has a phonegateway, talk to the dev maybe he could help you out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936224.0

Competition is good. I think there are enough place under the sun for more than one crypto related VoIP solutions.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:00:43 PM

Hey, great idea!

I'm paying to use Skype, and I had thought it would be nice to pay with BTC. It's even better if there's a bitcoin-only new system. But I guess it will be difficult. Noboby would accept a service which doesn't work as well as Skype.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:22:33 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 05:42:12 AM by BitPhone.net

Here's the graphic for the release...posted on January 9th.It will be launched in addition to the Korephone.

I bought the domain in Nov.. No offense..

BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:44:23 AM

Hey, great idea!

I'm paying to use Skype, and I had thought it would be nice to pay with BTC. It's even better if there's a bitcoin-only new system. But I guess it will be difficult. Noboby would accept a service which doesn't work as well as Skype.

Skype does work well, not trying to compete with them.  You can't call a phone without registering and getting Skype Credit.  With Bitphone you can just place calls, no registration needed.  Of course if you don't register, you dont get a pretty UI and contact list..  but it's not a payphone..
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:43:07 AM

I bought the domain in Nov.. No offense..

None taken.
There's plenty of room for us all.
All the best...
 Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: