Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:22:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL loses invoice wants me to pay twice  (Read 2624 times)
BTC guy (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:42:29 PM

I placed an order for one single on 6/27. I paid with BTC. Today i got an email from somebody named jody. She said she didnt get a copy of the receipt and asked me if i have mine. She then told me if i didnt have mine i would have to "reorder". I dunno about you guys but to me that sounds like - hey, we dont have our shit together. Do you have your receipt? If not your out of luck. Your coins are gone and you will not get your single. We are very sorry, please try again.

Quote:
I didn't get a receipt from Bit-Pay on this. Did you get one and if so can you send it to me? Otherwise I think you will have to reorder.--jody

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:44:10 PM

I placed an order for one single on 6/27. I paid with BTC. Today i got an email from a person named jody. She said she didnt get a copy of the receipt from my order and asked me if i have mine. She then told me if i didnt have mine i would have to "reorder". I dunno about you guys but to me that sounds like - hey, we dont have our shit together. Do you have your receipt? If not your out of luck. Your coins are gone and you will not get your single. We are very sorry, please try again.

Quote:
I didn't get a receipt from Bit-Pay on this. Did you get one and if so can you send it to me? Otherwise I think you will have to reorder.--jody

Don't panic. Contact Bit-Pay first (stephen@bit-pay.com) and get the record for it. It sounds like a newbie customer service person not knowing what to do. Happens all the time.

BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:45:40 PM

No panic. Just slightly angry. Ive heard from several people here they are not handling BTC orders very well.

schnell

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:49:29 PM

Yeah, not the company's fault. Just the new customer service person they hired when they brought out a new item for pre-order(they would have more support tickets submitted).
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

I called and left a voice mail. Somebody called me back within 15 minutes. I was assured there are no problems with my order. I feel better. Hopefully there will be no more issues.

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:51:49 PM

This teaches us one thing : when you have problems with BFL come here and call them scammers if you want to get it sorted out ASAP.

They will still sort you out even if you stop trolling and be patient as they have many emails to answer to ... no need to call them scammers and raise a storm here !

Patience : it's a virtue !
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:37:13 PM

This teaches us one thing : when you have problems with BFL come here and call them scammers if you want to get it sorted out ASAP.

They will still sort you out even if you stop trolling and be patient as they have many emails to answer to ... no need to call them scammers and raise a storm here !

Actually if he would have done all the stuff first (contact Bit-pay, use the damn phone), I'm sure it would have been sorted out with no post needed.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:06:40 PM

Actually if he would have done all the stuff first (contact Bit-pay, use the damn phone), I'm sure it would have been sorted out with no post needed.

^^^ This.

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:13:50 PM

I placed an order for one single on 6/27. I paid with BTC. Today i got an email from somebody named jody. She said she didnt get a copy of the receipt and asked me if i have mine. She then told me if i didnt have mine i would have to "reorder". I dunno about you guys but to me that sounds like - hey, we dont have our shit together. Do you have your receipt? If not your out of luck. Your coins are gone and you will not get your single. We are very sorry, please try again.

Quote:

It's common sense to retain receipts everytime you send money to anyone. Companies often ask for a copy of receipt so they can quicker trace your order and make sure the person contacting them is the genuine sender of the funds.
I don't see BFL doing anything wrong here.
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:14:43 PM

Piss on patience i paid im not trying to hear they dont have my invoice and i need to reorder. If they had things in order i wouldnt have opened my mouth. They fucked up not me.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:52:56 PM

Piss on patience i paid im not trying to hear they dont have my invoice and i need to reorder. If they had things in order i wouldnt have opened my mouth. They fucked up not me.

Yes, -she- not "they" fucked up by being lazy and new. When someone in the pre-order group asks Bitcoin Magazine via email "Where da zine at yo?" we tell them "Find your receipt and ask again". We don't ever say "Dunno, maybe order 'nother wun LLOLLL". She's a newb.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:24:47 PM

Man, I'm looking for work, hire me for BTC transactions, BFL...

Think she will be replaced by now?
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:43:40 PM

I recall that this name  way talked about in several threads ... she's not "new" at BFL (or they found another one)

cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:13:13 AM

How do you not get a receipt if you paid with btc? The page is a receipt... Butterfly seems to only receive about half of the orders placed with btc. They didn't have any information on 4 separate orders that I placed. A screenshot or a bookmark of the page with the address where you sent all your btc is all you need. Otherwise go find the transaction on block explorer and contact bitpay.
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:25:37 AM

Why don't you take some of you own advise and stop trolling all the postings. Clearly if they needed more time to sort it out they would said so.

Don't worry, no one gets a scammer tag unless they deserve one..
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:14:55 PM

Just to be clear, i never called BFL scammers. I just wanted to share my experience and let the community know of my troubles with my BTC order. I understand shit happens but this is just above and beyond ridicules. No paying customer wants to hear we dont have your invoice try again. Even the BFL customer support i talked to said she didnt handle it well and her choice of words was misleading.

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:32:23 PM

Wow you called their phone line and somebody got back to you?

Did you threaten or something cause they won't get back to me at all when I call that line...
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:22:08 PM

People should use this message signing with sending their btc. Something I just learned.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38071.msg1011497#msg1011497

I bet this would have solved it pretty fast.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:48:12 PM

I called and left a voice mail. Somebody called me back within 15 minutes. I was assured there are no problems with my order. I feel better. Hopefully there will be no more issues.

You actually got a call back? I wonder if screening calls is going to continue to be their view of customer service. It's so much better to speak to a real person when you have the time...not when they have the time or any interest to call you back.

Anyway, supposedly they are working on some aspect(s) of their customer service. Maybe this will be another area they repair.

||bit
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:56:54 PM

Yes, somebody did call me back. He looked up my order and told me there was no problem. He wasnt sure why i got that email either. At that point i didnt care any more. I was happy somebody got back to me promptly and told me everything was OK.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: