Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stamp hack: don't shit yourself  (Read 1263 times)
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:31:26 PM

It's less than a week miners dumperino so what's the deal?
Every week there are 25000 coins mined and dumped. You will not even notice the hacked coins being dumped, so don't wet yourself over it.

The outsized and constant mining and dumping is much more harmful to the price than this theft could ever be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 02:37:31 PM

Every week there are 25000 coins mined and dumped. You will not even notice the hacked coins being dumped, so don't wet yourself over it.

The outsized and constant mining and dumping is much more harmful to the price than this theft could ever be.

The problem is, 25000 mined doesn't mean 25000 coin dumped. There may only be 10-20% bitcoin miner selling it since the price is so low. But for hacker (since they get it free it doesn't matter if BTC price is at 275$ or 500$) they would cash out and run.

Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:46:29 PM

The problem is, 25000 mined doesn't mean 25000 coin dumped. There may only be 10-20% bitcoin miner selling it since the price is so low. But for hacker (since they get it free it doesn't matter if BTC price is at 275$ or 500$) they would cash out and run.

no, miners particularly in a bearmarket need to get rid of the coins as quick as possible because if price would go down more they would risk ruin. You can rest assured 80%+ of mined coins go to market the next day. This isn't the good old days anymore where miners were holding.

How do you think we ended up so low otherwise?
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:34:35 PM

no, miners particularly in a bearmarket need to get rid of the coins as quick as possible because if price would go down more they would risk ruin. You can rest assured 80%+ of mined coins go to market the next day. This isn't the good old days anymore where miners were holding.

What, load of bullshit with no facts and absolutely no logical basing, with some made-up number pulled out of an ass to "prove" the argument? Welcome to the speculation subforum, you will fit right in with the other trolls.

i am satoshi
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:36:07 PM

What, load of bullshit with no facts and absolutely no logical basing, with some made-up number pulled out of an ass to "prove" the argument? Welcome to the speculation subforum, you will fit right in with the other trolls.

I've read it in a report a while back. It's not entirely pulled out of my ass.
Could be it even was on coindesk. Can't remember, is a while back.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been trolling here before  Grin
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:36:42 PM

What if I sharted a little bit?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:38:20 PM

What if I sharted a little bit?

that would be like an impossible thing from you to hear. So you went from permabull to backstabbing bear? Shorting this low? YOU!? Really?!

It's like fewcoins announcing to buy after bear-trolling hard for weeks.

This is one big shill-show here.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:51:58 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been trolling here before  Grin

No but this is bullshit. Thankfully blockchain is public, so no need to resort to your memory, just go to blockchain.info and see where newly generated coins are going. Hint: most are unspent, i.e. never moved after being mined. So no, miners do not have to get rid of the coins as fast as possible.

i am satoshi
Muuurrrrica! (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:14:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been trolling here before  Grin

No but this is bullshit. Thankfully blockchain is public, so no need to resort to your memory, just go to blockchain.info and see where newly generated coins are going. Hint: most are unspent, i.e. never moved after being mined. So no, miners do not have to get rid of the coins as fast as possible.

so who is dumping all year then?

Karpeles? Satoshi? Elwar? Santa Claus?
Assad

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:19:23 PM

Who said that all dumped coins are dumped on exchanges?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:22:56 PM

No, that's bullshit.  Only one commercial mine has released its financials, here: http://www.coindesk.com/digitalbtc-reports-4-million-revenue-preliminary-annual-results/
and half of the mined coin was sold for USD.  Pimp harder.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:27:32 PM

White hacker?
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:30:47 PM

Who said that all dumped coins are dumped on exchanges?
...and who's to say that it's not the same coins being dumped over and over again...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: