Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate of bitcoin searches increasing again  (Read 1786 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:33:10 PM

On google trends here is the surge of new bitcoin searches. 

Also recent bitcoin news made CNN.  When bitstamp opens up, a surge of money will reach the exchanges due to the new year and due to new exposure.  This current bitstamp hack has not hurt the price in the least bit.  I think we may be looking at a replication of the silk road incident in October of 2013.

If bitstamp comes back unscathed and just as strong as before, this may be the catalyst to a new rise in bitcoin.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:24:23 PM

Also recent bitcoin news made CNN.  When bitstamp opens up, a surge of money will reach the exchanges due to the new year and due to new exposure.  This current bitstamp hack has not hurt the price in the least bit.  I think we may be looking at a replication of the silk road incident in October of 2013.

If bitstamp comes back unscathed and just as strong as before, this may be the catalyst to a new rise in bitcoin.

I get the Google trend emails too and had noticed that it has been consistently rising for a while now too: )
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:32:31 PM

I get the Google trend emails too and had noticed that it has been consistently rising for a while now too: )

Some say there is no such thing as bad publicity, it's only publicity. People hearing about Bitstamp might hear the price has crashed and speculate it's going to start another rally soon. It might entice newbies to start buying.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:23:07 PM

Didn't you predict sub 50 or something a couple months ago?
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:24:37 PM

...did Xiaoxiao just say something bullish about Bitcoin?

WHAT KIND OF YEAR 2173 SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE IS THIS?

Looks like somebody bought a bitcoin, good for him!

i am satoshi
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:32:01 PM

Didn't you predict sub 50 or something a couple months ago?

I predicted sub 300 and could go as low as sub 100.  That was several months ago.  It is not out of the realm of possibility that it goes sub 200 or even 100 albeit briefly.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:49:40 PM

Are you people seriously this retarded? Look at the data for February/March during the Mt Gox implosion. Huge spike in searches, and price falling. So many stupids... exact same thing happening now!!!1
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:53:10 PM

Are you people seriously this retarded? Look at the data for February/March during the Mt Gox implosion. Huge spike in searches, and price falling. So many stupids... exact same thing happening now!!!1

Warren, this is not the same.  This is not Dexter Shoes.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:22:38 AM

and its your job to make post after post pointing out how stupid everyone else here is?  narcissistic much?
celebreze32

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:53:38 AM

But the price has gone up, not down like during the Mt Gox implosion. How's that exactly the same?
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

Difference is Gox acted in the most unprofessional and shady way they could.

If they refunded everyone odds are the prices would rise instead
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:04:08 AM

Google trends is an interesting enough indicator
It's a bit of a lagging one if I recall correctly but if there is increased interest we might see more use again as people update themselves with what has been occurring here in the last little while.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
GÜNther.Danish

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:26:57 AM

because there is something big happened
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:49:00 AM

after 4 months of disinterest about bitcoin i have recently been accosted by people wondering how to buy bitcoin again.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:19:12 PM

after 4 months of disinterest about bitcoin i have recently been accosted by people wondering how to buy bitcoin again.
Did you ever ask any of them why their views have changed?

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:23:06 PM

If they want buy now and not before then something changed. Question is what...

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 12:40:25 PM

Well I really do think when people start to explore bitcoin, they will realize that the price is now at the lower range which is a good time to buy. Forget about bad publicity. When people steal bitcoin, it means it has value worth all the trouble.

celebreze32

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:47:18 PM

If they want buy now and not before then something changed. Question is what...

It's now a hell of a lot cheaper than it was a year go. Sooner or later it might rocket up again and new people may be drawn in speculating on that.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:53:24 PM

This is not Dexter Shoes.
Since english is not my native language can you explain what you want from my shoes? Wink

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
emeraldforce

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:42:32 PM

Link to recent CNN news? I don't see anything there unless I am still hammered from NYE.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: