Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mixers, your experiences, tips, guides?  (Read 10700 times)
BitMos (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:18:57 PM

Hello,

What is the best way to use a coin mixer? How shall I proceed to avoid most stupid mistakes? Is it working? Did you try it? In short, I don't know anything about the mixing services, and was looking for some recommendations... btw it's for 0.01 btc, is it possible, with the fees and co? thank you a lot for your sharing help.

money is faster...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:26:11 PM

The two biggest ones are Blockchain.info's shared send and bitmixer.io

Shared send requires a wallet on BC.info to use. It uses a mixing technique called Coin Join which lets you mix coins without having to give control of them to BC.info (in theory at least, BC.info can always modify the JS). When it first came out it did a very poor job at mixing. It has since been improved, though I don't think it's been thoroughly analyzed for potential weaknesses yet.

Bitmixer.io is a mixing service run by an anonymous person. You don't need to create an account or anything and it seems to do a pretty good job at mixing. You do have to give control of the coins to an anonymous person though, and they could steal them if they wanted to.

I'm not sure if mixing such a small amount of BTC is worth it, there will be significant fees.

goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:02:02 PM

I would support the Bitmixer.io call. They have a good volume which is essential to get reasonable amounts of Bitcoins mixed well.

Other mixers dont have enough volme to supposrt this.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

alamanjani

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:14:30 AM

I'm not sure if mixing such a small amount of BTC is worth it, there will be significant fees.

If you don't mind me to ask...
What is mixing all about? Why would one need to mix it's BTC's?
What would be benefit of doing it? Just curious, I'm new in crypto world :-)

Ahh, to try to get better anonymity?

medialab101

Activity: 583

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:43:42 AM

And, just a hypothetical here... what if you wanted to mix saaaaaay, I don't know... 18,871.69541682 BTC.

And not get cau.... I mean not get... um  cauliflower?
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:14:25 PM

Yes it's to try and get some level of privacy. Bitcoin is not anonymous despite what some people will say. Satoshi Nakamoto may have published Bitcoin anonymously, but anonymity was never part of it's design. When you make a transaction with Bitcoin, you should pretty much consider it to be public record forever that you made it.

There are tools that you can use to improve the privacy of your Bitcoin transactions, such as a Bitcoin mixer which is supposed to prevent against certain kinds of Blockchain analysis and Tor which provides IP anonymization. Not all mixers do a good job at preventing blockchain analysis, the mixing service still knows that you made the tx, and there are still many other ways to deanonymize your transactions.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:34:17 PM

You should use a random fee for your transaction(for bitmixer between 1 and 3%) and wait some time before you do the withdraw.

And you need to trust the mixer won't give away your info

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 01:14:54 PM

And you need to trust the mixer won't give away your info

That and Mixers in general are like magic machines where you put your coins from one end and you hope that they come out the other end.

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 01:27:42 PM

Hello,

What is the best way to use a coin mixer? How shall I proceed to avoid most stupid mistakes? Is it working? Did you try it? In short, I don't know anything about the mixing services, and was looking for some recommendations... btw it's for 0.01 btc, is it possible, with the fees and co? thank you a lot for your sharing help.

Check out my signature Cheesy
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

I think Bitmixer.io is best for high volumes. Blockchain.info shared coin had some problems recently, I don't think whether it is fixed or not. And, is there any detailed article or anything about 'How mixing works?' including the technical part? Thanks! Smiley

~~MZ~~

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:49:05 PM

Instead of trying a mixer why don't you just send your coins to a reputable dice site or exchange then withdraw them. That's a cheaper way of mixing though if you want to mix them very well try bitmixer or something for further security but unless you're doing something that needs it I'd go with my first option.
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:57:14 PM

Instead of trying a mixer why don't you just send your coins to a reputable dice site or exchange then withdraw them. That's a cheaper way of mixing though if you want to mix them very well try bitmixer or something for further security but unless you're doing something that needs it I'd go with my first option.

Well, maybe 1 exchange not be good enough. their hot wallet adresses are used again and again.
So I think at least 3 exchanges, multiple and different sizes should be.
For instance;
Send 1 btc to Ex1
Send from Ex1 0.5 to Ex2
Send from Ex1 0.5 to Ex3
Send 0.5's in 2 parts (0.2 & 0.3) to Ex1 and then make purchase.

edit or you may just use cex.io. I think they're sending from "freshly mined" coins, that has no background.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 05:02:39 PM

You can do it for small amounts but for higher amounts, mixing services are best.

~~MZ~~

TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:47:56 PM

Well, maybe 1 exchange not be good enough. their hot wallet adresses are used again and again.

But when you send coins to an exchange they might put the coins into a hot wallet but the coins you get back likely wont be the ones you sent in but different.
alamanjani

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:02:41 AM

Yes it's to try and get some level of privacy. Bitcoin is not anonymous despite what some people will say. Satoshi Nakamoto may have published Bitcoin anonymously, but anonymity was never part of it's design. When you make a transaction with Bitcoin, you should pretty much consider it to be public record forever that you made it.

There are tools that you can use to improve the privacy of your Bitcoin transactions, such as a Bitcoin mixer which is supposed to prevent against certain kinds of Blockchain analysis and Tor which provides IP anonymization. Not all mixers do a good job at preventing blockchain analysis, the mixing service still knows that you made the tx, and there are still many other ways to deanonymize your transactions.

Ahh i see, thank you very much.
Although i have nothing to hide, i would refer tat my transactions would be anonymous. Just like using cash. And one of the reason governments wants to get rid of cash is to take anonymity away from us.
Well i hope mixers become part of bit coin in the future and not only services provided by someone.....
And there are going o be plenty of forces fighting against...   

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:29:54 AM

Hello,

You're not the one holding the BitStamp coins, are you?

Tongue
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:08:10 AM

But when you send coins to an exchange they might put the coins into a hot wallet but the coins you get back likely wont be the ones you sent in but different.

The only down side is the admin of that dice site or exchange will keep your transaction records. It won't be a problem for you, unless you obtained the coins through illegal actions and the authority asks the site admin to give them your info.
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:27:05 PM

You are then trusting the exchanges to keep your information private. If you consider that most of the exchanges try hard to comply with the laws, that information can easily be obtained by the government anytime.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:01:44 PM

i used bitmixer.io for some larger transactions and blockchain.info (shared coin feature) for lesser tx
everything done smoothly, i recommend it for you

elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:17:34 PM

If you want full anonymity then do it over TOR on bitcoinfog.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: