Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:35:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feel bad for all the people who think they are smart shorting this force  (Read 1550 times)
j753k (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:09:24 PM

Really excited to see everyone shorting bitcoin lose their money when they should be accumulating as many as possible and go long.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 08:10:46 PM

Another great insightful and well thought out thread in the speculation forum. I think I prefer the 'it's going to zero' trolls.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:13:59 PM

Longs still greatly outweigh shorts. So, from that perspective, they are making a better bet. Unless you know of an impending game changer that will turn the tides, there's currently no evidence of this "force" you speak of.
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:39:36 PM

Really excited to see everyone shorting bitcoin lose their money when they should be accumulating as many as possible and go long.

Remember, people said this same thing all through 2014. "Epic short squeeze coming." That's not really how it happened, though. Sure, shorting $1100, or $800, or $400, was a lot better than shorting $260. But we may push much further down yet....
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:15:50 PM

Remember, people said this same thing all through 2014. "Epic short squeeze coming." That's not really how it happened, though. Sure, shorting $1100, or $800, or $400, was a lot better than shorting $260. But we may push much further down yet....

Not much, $285 left until the floor. The upside, on the other hand, is at least several times larger.

i am satoshi
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:18:33 PM

Not much, $285 left until the floor. The upside, on the other hand, is at least several times larger.

BTCeanie BTCabies have even more upside potential, since they're only worth a dollar at most these days. You should look into those too, just in case.
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:50:15 PM

BTCeanie BTCabies have even more upside potential, since they're only worth a dollar at most these days. You should look into those too, just in case.

Hot air molecules are even more abundant, what's your point again?

i am satoshi
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:52:52 PM

Sure, that's one way to think about it. But risk/reward is not the only factor to consider. As this past year has shown us, the probability that we reach that reward is worth considering.
Warren Buffert

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:59:49 PM

Hot air molecules are even more abundant, what's your point again?

I thought you'd appreciate my advice to look at BTCeanie BTCabies and pogs, since those both experienced a similar journey as bitcoin (both losing 80% of their value in one year) and so they must be very so undervalued now!
j753k (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:08:11 PM

Whats with the idiot comparing beanie babies to BTC? Can I use beanie babies to send funds instantaneously to my relatives in other countries?

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:23:14 PM

Whats with the idiot comparing beanie babies to BTC? Can I use beanie babies to send funds instantaneously to my relatives in other countries?

No, but they are widely used by drug dealers  Grin Grin Grin
http://winnipegtransittalks.com/2013/10/03/breaking-feds-ban-beanie-babies-at-the-border-due-to-drug-smuggling-crisis/

(Lol)

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Warren Buffert

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:24:45 PM

At least you can snuggle with them. You can't even do that with bitcoin!

And if you send bitcoins to your family in another country, you run significant fees and counter party risk. Mt Gox fail and Bitstamp fail... how your poor family going to withdrawal the bitcoin back into fiat? Have them use a bitcoin exchange and just hope there is no hack or freeze on withdrawals for that day?

Or can the family in Guatemala (or wherever) use bitcoin to pay their rent?
j753k (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:19:45 PM

How is Bitstamp a fail?  Not one person will be losing any BTC except the company themselves..  If anything it is a success story that we can have bad news and BTC still thrives. 

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:51:37 PM

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Those who have made money are smart.

inca
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:56:36 PM

I thought lambtroll was a little quiet. You sure have a lot of alts!
j753k (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:12:41 PM

So who is feeling good about their shorts? Grin Better buy now before we take off this week.

Warren Buffert

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

So who is feeling good about their shorts? Grin Better buy now before we take off this week.

Don't be a stupid! There is no new use case scenario for bitcoin, users are leaving and supply is flooding so price will continue to falling!

Remember fake rally in June? This is what is happening when users (expect) a rally, but there is no new market to support it. Maybe we see false rally again, but I'm thinking this one will be even smaller than in June!

Do the needful and get rid of your bitcoins! Give up your false hopes!
Sugarape

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:10:44 PM

Another great insightful and well thought out thread in the speculation forum. I think I prefer the 'it's going to zero' trolls.

Lol. What do you expect from this sub. 99% of the threads in here are nonsense.

Remember, people said this same thing all through 2014. "

People will continue to say the same thing year after year. Fast forward five years and I'd bet it'll still be exactly the same threads.
j753k (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:13:37 PM

LMAO has gold had a new "use" in the past 10k years?  As long as BTC is a solid store of value and easily transmittable then there is no stopping it.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:11:10 PM

A fuckwit who creates new accounts constantly because all of their other previous fuckwit accounts are ignored by everyone.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: