Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 2 BTC @ $560 -- Escrow or LocalBitcoins  (Read 1690 times)
printshop (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:51:46 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 09:44:29 PM by printshop

Will pay by SWIFT or RBC (Canadian) client to client transfer. If you can't send the BTC first we can use escrow or localbitcoins.

If this is successful I will buy up to 10 more BTC from you.

p.s. using coindesk prices since bitstamp is offline, we can up the price if the coindesk price increases no problem.

Edit: I'd also be willing to purchase something on gyft for you and do the trade like that. I just need to buy bitcoins and I can't get access on bitstamp.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:56:16 PM

There is no way the person selling Bitcoin will actually receive money for this.

Are you paying in USD? Would you be willing to pay by a less reversable method?
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:42:44 PM

There is no way the person selling Bitcoin will actually receive money for this.

Huh?

You do realize that int'l SWIFT and RBC client-client are irreversible direct deposit methods?

I'm going to have to ask you to explain your FUD, you've been following me around for a while now, and I don't appreciate it. Please explain to me what you are doing in my thread making statements that people won't receive money for an escrow'd SWIFT/BTC transaction, thank you.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:22:34 AM

Huh?

You do realize that int'l SWIFT and RBC client-client are irreversible direct deposit methods?

I'm going to have to ask you to explain your FUD, you've been following me around for a while now, and I don't appreciate it. Please explain to me what you are doing in my thread making statements that people won't receive money for an escrow'd SWIFT/BTC transaction, thank you.

Client to client is not, in fact safe, as you can claim your bank account hacked.
You would need to walk into RBC and do a cash deposit to the persons account.

I'm Canadian and can likely help you, either with getting you coin or helping you find a method which works, PM me if you would like.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:51:00 AM

Huh?

As stated above RBC client to client is not a irreversible method.

From http://www.reba.net/news/wtransfer

The ability of a sender to recall a wire hinges primarily on whether or not the payment order has been accepted by the receiving bank. The reason for this is that the general rule under 4A is that a cancellation order is effective as long as it is received at a time and in a manner that affords a receiving bank a reasonable opportunity to act on the cancellation order before the receiving bank accepts the order. Put another way, as long as the seller’s bank hasn’t accepted the payment order, chances are good that the buyer can reverse the wire. However, after acceptance by the seller’s bank occurs, the scales tip in favor of the seller; cancellation orders are generally ineffective. The key time for a seller therefore, is the point in time at which it’s bank accepts the payment order.

The rules regarding acceptance of a payment order are set out in §4A-209. §4A-209 sets out a couple of different events which will trigger acceptance of a payment order. As far as a seller is concerned, by far the most important trigger is set out in §4A-209(b)(1) which basically states that the beneficiary’s bank accepts a payment order when it pays the beneficiary or notifies the beneficiary that it’s account has been credited. Therefore, once a seller or seller’s counsel learns or is notified by it’s bank that funds have been credited to their account, the seller can safely assume that the payment order has been accepted and that therefore, the funds cannot be recalled.

-snip-

§4A-211(c)(2) states that cancellation of a payment order after acceptance by the beneficiary’s bank is only available in instances where the payment was unauthorized or there was a mistake by the sender and that mistake falls into one of three categories: (i) duplicate payment, (ii) payment to a person or entity not entitled to the funds, or (iii) payment which resulted in the beneficiary receiving more that they were entitled to. The effect of this language is to take issues such as buyer’s remorse completely off the table and legally limit the instances where a buyer can even attempt to recall funds already credited to the seller’s account to only those instances where the buyer can make a claim that the seller received funds to which it was not entitled.
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:43:10 AM

Huh?

As stated above RBC client to client is not a irreversible method.

From http://www.reba.net/news/wtransfer---snipped---

No, you don't know what you're talking about. An RBC client to client transfer is irreversible. Stop spreading FUD, it's not a wire. You can check this with your bank. Go ahead, call Royal Bank and ask them about RBC client-client. All Royal Bank customers are made aware of this each time they transfer:

Payments to Other Royal Bank Customers are processed immediately, and as such are not reversible. Therefore, please ensure that all of the information above is accurate and that you are sending the correct amount of money to the correct account. All payments are final.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:01:53 AM

Problem Solved

Just got off the phone with RBC.

Client to Client is the same as EMT, It can be argued and potentially reversed the exact same as an EMT.

Sorry.

Want to take a picture of you, holding your id, clearly visible with your name and a note saying "I'm sending such and such X dollars on X date"

So when you file stolen the seller has proof they spoke with you?
Maybe that would work. As you would than be arrested for fraud Smiley

But NO it's not safe.

And frankly, I'm not one to leave negative feedback, but your pushing this to a point where it could be considered a scam,

I found the actual answer within minutes at 1am....

Walk into rbc and direct deposit to a persons account. Only NONE refundable option..
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:14:05 AM

Problem Solved

Just got off the phone with RBC.

Client to Client is the same as EMT, It can be argued and potentially reversed the exact same as an EMT.

Sorry.

Want to take a picture of you, holding your id, clearly visible with your name and a note saying "I'm sending such and such X dollars on X date"

Taking a photo, etc. is not worth it for a handful of bitcoins, plus you don't exactly have a stellar trust record either, how can I trust you? Maybe you're trying to scam me and do identity theft? I've already worked hard to get a great rep on localbitcoins and in the nxt community, and I'm registered on ardeva. If you don't recognize those systems that is fine, but insinuating this is a scam is kind of ridiculous.

And frankly, I'm not one to leave negative feedback, but your pushing this to a point where it could be considered a scam,

The RBC website clearly says it's irreversible. So I don't know why they would say that on one hand and then state it's reversible on the other.

I'll be sure to post here if I get this done on LocalBitcoins or over OTC. This community is kind of retarded with they hyper-aggressive scam accusations. I get it you don't want to be scammed but let's face it, if you think this is a borderline scam you must not get out of the house much.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:42:42 AM

My only Neg is from the same guy who said you were buying trust, Lol.

And I frankly don't care what a website say's.

Account to account has a paper trail, if you use a stollen bank account to send the money, when they investigate they will claw it back.

Unless your able to prove it is In fact YOUR bank account. Anyone would be an idiot to send for that, and frankly, localbitcoins is full of sucker's who get scammed.

You never did provide the links to your other accounts.

I never left you a neg rating. I'm saying your throwing flag's and someone might.

takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:51:25 AM

Payments to Other Royal Bank Customers are processed immediately, and as such are not reversible. Therefore, please ensure that all of the information above is accurate and that you are sending the correct amount of money to the correct account. All payments are final.

You are correct.
If it's your account you are unable to click cancel after it's sent.

If you, however, are using a stollen account, and that person find's out and file's for fraud. Any money sent out from said account will be recovered.

Because although YOU can not reverse it, just as YOU can not reverse an accepted EMT.

The bank has a WHOLE shit load of more fancy buttons and options and rules they can do.

I simply asked you to prove you owned the account.
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:52:44 AM

My only Neg is from the same guy who said you were buying trust, Lol.

And I frankly don't care what a website say's.

Account to account has a paper trail, if you use a stollen bank account to send the money, when they investigate they will claw it back.

Unless your able to prove it is In fact YOUR bank account. Anyone would be an idiot to send for that, and frankly, localbitcoins is full of sucker's who get scammed.

You never did provide the links to your other accounts.

I never left you a neg rating. I'm saying your throwing flag's and someone might.

I'm getting really tired of the shoot first ask questions later kind of attitude. What is the point of a trust system if there is nothing to trust? I just did a loan where I provided 160% escrow and I didn't get a rating from the guy. Why would he rate me, I game gave 160% escrow. I didn't give him any risk at all. Same thing here. I'm getting accused of throwing red flags because I am a RBC customer who has had it drilled into his head that client-client is irreversable. Well jesus christ if I mailed you cash (and it got there) what exactly did I do to deserve trust? Nothing, you took no risk. This whole idea of riskless transaction is bullshit.

I get it you don't want to be scammed but past a certain point you need to be able to look at a person's actual history and actually trust that person. Then you get to add to that system. If you actually look at the trades I have done I have taken huge amounts of risk with people sending first. But in return I get absolutely no leeway with people. Something is wrong with this system, or this forum, not sure what it is but it's not something wrong with me.

p.s. fuck you, Vod.
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:55:20 AM

I simply asked you to prove you owned the account.

I don't see how that is possible. I'm not giving you my ID. If you won't accept an ardeva token where I have confirmed my bank account already then I don't think I can do that.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:05:22 AM

Never went off what vod said for a second, he's clearly a dipshit.

I was explaining, or trying to, why people will not take it.  It could be a stolen account.
I'd be up for a small trade, and than a wait and see.

For that matter leave it in escrow and I could call rbc after for verification.

printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:47:15 PM

Never went off what vod said for a second, he's clearly a dipshit.

I was explaining, or trying to, why people will not take it.  It could be a stolen account.
I'd be up for a small trade, and than a wait and see.

For that matter leave it in escrow and I could call rbc after for verification.

Then can we do a trade for one dollar, then two dollars and work from there when you're ready? If you want to start at $10 or $20 that's fine too.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:57:31 PM

I could of done that yes, I'd do a $50 or $100 trade for that matter, it would allow us to both build up trust.
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:27:26 AM

I could of done that yes, I'd do a $50 or $100 trade for that matter, it would allow us to both build up trust.

Ok, please PM me your account number and I'll transfer over $50. Seems like a happy median.

When you feel comfortable, you can transfer the bitcoins to 1FSY17fTVgFSsdgv821wzgCtmNnHeWZqPL which is the well-known public address for BearMining. Let's set the time at 30 days. If you don't transfer the bitcoins to that address within 30 days you will need to send the $50 back to me. Deal?
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:26:47 AM

I've sent takagari $50 CAN and received 0.1386 BTC in exchange. I'm happy with the deal and will use this post for the trust system.

Hope to do more trades later.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:31:44 AM

Ok, please PM me your account number and I'll transfer over $50. Seems like a happy median.

When you feel comfortable, you can transfer the bitcoins to 1FSY17fTVgFSsdgv821wzgCtmNnHeWZqPL which is the well-known public address for BearMining. Let's set the time at 30 days. If you don't transfer the bitcoins to that address within 30 days you will need to send the $50 back to me. Deal?

If you are willing to wait 30 days to receive bitcoin then I think you owe me an apology for claiming that I was spreading FUD about the reversibility of your payment methods, as it is an essential admission that they can be reversed 
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:50:12 AM

If you are willing to wait 30 days to receive bitcoin then I think you owe me an apology for claiming that I was spreading FUD about the reversibility of your payment methods, as it is an essential admission that they can be reversed 

The op was quoting the website, which states this.
He was not aware of the fact, that if he were using a stollen account. it could be recovered etc.

One can not simply pull funds as easy as with paypal
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:52:22 AM

The op was quoting the website, which states this.
He was not aware of the fact, that if he were using a stollen account. it could be recovered etc.

One can not simply pull funds as easy as with paypal
That is fine. People are allowed to make mistakes. When they do they should admit to making as such.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: