Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:13:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Profitable SCRYPT coins over the past 24 hours  (Read 3056 times)
lifeforcepools (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:55:16 PM

Who can tell me what were the most Profitable Scrypt coins over the past 24 hours?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:33:28 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 11:47:20 PM by hdmediaservices

LOL - Easy -- ARI and SONG (as far as the "well known" coins and those hashing 50Mh/s or more).

Something tells me you have better info??  Smiley

jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:57:10 AM

Who can tell me what were the most Profitable Scrypt coins over the past 24 hours?

Shouldn't you be the one who can tell it to the other miners?  Wink

Yeah, my bet would be Song, too.
Stcgold

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:47:00 AM

Agree

Point your miner to SONG

still profit
bleeding2323

Activity: 229

https://forum.positroncrypto.com/

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:38:39 AM

Agree

Point your miner to SONG

still profit

i had no clue about that coin...I'm gonna give it a shot. amazing what you can find out if you just read a bit.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:50:08 AM

the most profitable one are usually the new one for a short amount of time, than come a next new profitable one and so on
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:28:45 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 12:15:37 PM by lifeforcepools

In any event, I often give advice but not everyone mines solely for profitability - profit can be measured in future sales of a coin that are easy to mine today or simply "had I been mining a coin for the past 24 hours and have those coins in my wallet now - how much could I sell them for".

it's a tricky business.

For instance if you mine NVC (generates $170 in coins daily) which is always reasonably profitable it takes a day or two before you're going to see them in your wallet.

BTM is even worse - it's pops every few days in a very short period of time generating about $70 worth of coin but you won't see them in your wallet for over a week.

But then you have to take your mining power into consideration because what is a good coin for a person throwing around 500 MH/s is not best investment of mining power for a guy with let's say 60 MH/s of mining power - that is unless you're a real student of mining and want to split your hashing between several coins simultaneously.

Yesterday the best coin to mine would have been WDC with ARI a close second - ARI generated $102.68 in mineable coins &  WDC Generated $688 in coins but their btc/mh yields were very close.

I can tell you to keep your eye on CNC if you have less than 100 MH/s

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:36:35 PM

The problem many times is that it only takes one person to kill the mining profitability of a coin - especially with these coins that have low difficulty and retarget the difficulty every block or two.

I've found two good strategies:

1.  Look for coins that have a long difficulty retargets (like SONG or BTM).  But as Lifeforce mentioned -- you might not be able to cash in the coins for a long time.  With BTM - I'm seeing coins that I mined over a month ago still not confirm the required 720 times.

2.  Look at the mining hash of a coin -- especially if it has a low profitability over LTC (and how many people it is coming from).  I noticed that for the past month there was a huge hash going toward 42 coin -- even though at the time it was showing low profitability for quite a while (compared to other coins).  The coin was also trading at like 5.1, the difficulty was sky high - but there was still 4Gh/s mining it.  So I thought this coin is going to be pumped up at some point.  And it definitely did just a few days ago up to I think 5.6 for a short period of time and then back down.  Talk about Ka-Ching.

I like NovaCoin - but sometimes I find it a waste because the difficulty is just too high -- giving it high variance like LTC.

I've always found it interesting that BTB always seems to be a decent fall-back coin to mine.  It always seems to have a profitability of 120% to 130% over LTC.  Never really changes.

Anyway - so with ChinaCoin - what statistics make you see it being a good mine?

hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:43:42 PM

So looking at 42 coin again -- it is down to 4.92 BTC -- difficulty is fairly low.  If you have 90Mh/s or more -- I'd bet this is a good one to mine for a while and then sell when it hits 5.5 BTC (which could take a month or two).  This coin always seems to follow the same pattern.  Geez - remember when it hit like over 12BTC in September?  That was wild.

But then of course - if everyone jumps on it -- then the difficulty goes up and who knows right?  I believe it retargets every 7 minutes.

Hmmm - looks like there is talk of a hard fork for this coin as there was supposed to be only 42 coins mined total and at the current rate it will be 180 in five years.

Interesting to watch this one.

lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:48:09 PM

So looking at 42 coin again -- it is down to 4.92 BTC -- difficulty is fairly low.  If you have 90Mh/s or more -- I'd bet this is a good one to mine for a while and then sell when it hits 5.5 BTC (which could take a month or two).  This coin always seems to follow the same pattern.  Geez - remember when it hit like over 12BTC in September?  That was wild.

But then of course - if everyone jumps on it -- then the difficulty goes up and who knows right?  I believe it retargets every 7 minutes.

Hmmm - looks like there is talk of a hard fork for this coin as there was supposed to be only 42 coins mined total and at the current rate it will be 180 in five years.

Interesting to watch this one.

the problem with 42 is that you only get 80% of what you'd expect because there are so many orphans - coin will be done in a little over a year. good time to stock pile them. I mined this coin a lot in the summer and it hit over 15 one day.

I was mining it at 5 when daily hash was about 500 to 600, but all good things come to an end....

fork talk has been abandoned.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:55:46 PM

I heard about the orphans -- but it seems to depend which pool you use.  Many pools I tried did have this problem making it not worth mining, except for one.

I do not experience this issue when using Hash-To-Coins pool (just looking at my logs right now -- I see maybe one orphan out of 50 blocks).  

Perhaps this is due to them having the largest hash rate for the coin (actually they have the majority of the hashrate) ?

(Edit:  Fork talk has not been abandoned).

lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:04:43 AM

where have all the miners gone?

ltc network has way down: 1,256,892.27

prior 24 hour average : 1,270,302.45

Zueshash gone?

LOL

re: fork - I've been in favor of just letting the coin run out - there are a few who want to keep it alive...

matters not much to me but reducing the block reward would extend it's life though...without any momentum in terms of devs it's hard to predict it's long term viability.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:33:32 AM

Dive in the price really did it for some operations at the moment. I am sure lot's turned off to reduce losses. This will be good for those who don't have that same costs and can afford to continue mining. Litecoin will halve it's reward come block 840000 or approximately 229 days. So, if litecoin can survive until then, which I have a great hope for, it will be a good bet.

Current difficulty 49199.859785780000000
Reward now Reward after halving
50 Litecoins 25 Litecoins
Blocks until halving Block mined
132085 blocks 707915 blocks
Block halving 840000st block
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:00:03 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 11:17:23 AM by lifeforcepools

NVC just exploded....

(my 720 MH/s calculations)

and by the way - don't mine NVC now - the pop is over - NVC has not generated a block in over an hour since the pop.

it will take some time to recover

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:19:31 AM

Dive in the price really did it for some operations at the moment. I am sure lot's turned off to reduce losses. This will be good for those who don't have that same costs and can afford to continue mining. Litecoin will halve it's reward come block 840000 or approximately 229 days. So, if litecoin can survive until then, which I have a great hope for, it will be a good bet.

Current difficulty 49199.859785780000000
Reward now Reward after halving
50 Litecoins 25 Litecoins
Blocks until halving Block mined
132085 blocks 707915 blocks
Block halving 840000st block

I agree and if you can afford to hang on to you ltc for a while that's probably a good bet also.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:26:56 AM

Agree

Point your miner to SONG

still profit

i had no clue about that coin...I'm gonna give it a shot. amazing what you can find out if you just read a bit.

This coin explodes in waves - due to the long difficulty reset.  But there are also some good, genuine people behind this coin.

I'm starting to realize that statistics typically don't show you what coin to mine.  You have to really just research research research and stay up-to-date with a particular coin's forum and website.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:02:48 AM

Anyone have an opinion on the best scrypt coin to mine right now (for especially 90Mh/s and up)?

I like 42 right now.  Price is low and the difficulty is decent.  Based on past history, it seems like a coin that will bounce up in price every few weeks and then dive back down.  There is some turmoil over its future, but I'm not seeing anyone bailing out on this one yet.

Stcgold

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:09:07 AM

Anyone have an opinion on the best scrypt coin to mine right now (for especially 90Mh/s and up)?

I like 42 right now.  Price is low and the difficulty is decent.  Based on past history, it seems like a coin that will bounce up in price every few weeks and then dive back down.  There is some turmoil over its future, but I'm not seeing anyone bailing out on this one yet.

you can try SONG m8
i still point my rigs to that coin
and still profit Smiley
hdmediaservices

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:22:16 PM

SONG coin is a good one to mine - definitely.  Difficulty is pretty high right now, but that will level out soon.

jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:05:01 PM

Do you have an eye on the market, which coins get pumped from time to time?

RIPO had a pump a few weeks ago, currently the price went back down.
TTC will have a hard fork soon with reduced block rewards
FLO is good to mine (but only FLO/LTC markets available), price went up from 9000 to 12/13k satoshi
NOBL will soon go PoS, price is around 6-8 satoshi currently.
POT has some pump and dump action from time to time, always good to have some with sell orders at around 600+ sat.
WDC also went above 3000 sat.
And of course 42, always a good deal, especially when the price will move above 5 BTC again.

Also have a look at coinmine.pw. As you are familiar with multipools, this one has a good profit switch in my opinion. And it's not a mistake to check Nicehash regularly, sometimes they have pretty good rates.

These are no 24h profitability suggestions, but probably you don't need to cash out immediately and want to make some additional profit with selling at better prices.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: