Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I know what Pirate's doing  (Read 5422 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:12:12 AM

I've done some very analytic research, carefully analyzing all of Pirate's projects, posts, and relationships.  I'm 99.9% sure I know exactly what he's doing.

The good news is, it's not illegal, and although it could be considered a ponzi to an extent, it's far more profitable to him for it to not be a ponzi.

I'm not revealing what I believe it is yet, for a number of reasons.

But I also believe that while he could make a good chunk of cash by taking your BTC and running with it, this would also be very stupid of him, and it would be far less profitable for him long-term.

But damn, is it a good idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:14:26 AM

Oh.. yeah, me too.  And I'm not telling either.  Neener neener.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:15:23 AM

Competition is always good Smiley

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:16:00 AM

k

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:16:21 AM

I have a guess that lines up with what you say, so, okay then.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:17:08 AM

Trash thread is trash.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
mollison

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:54:06 AM

What I want to know is, what is motivating these super-aggressive naysayers? What do they stand to gain by scaring people away from pirate?

I think it's reasonable for people to warn of a potential ponzi, but some people have been super-aggressive about it lately (and suddenly), to the point of extreme rudeness.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:59:41 AM

I just wish I could get a referral

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:04:20 AM

Well, sorry for being rude to a scammer. Huh

I really wish we could all be nice to each other, but some people just prefer the money.

It's a good question though, what are we gaining? Hopefully, the respect of people that we put our time and name and nerves on the line to get this place to work better. I don't expect everyone to like this before the scheme runs with the remaining funds. But hopefully, this will look otherwise afterward.

If not, yes, then I've been a total idiot for trying to help people just to get insults for it. Time will tell I guess.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 05:19:34 AM

Well, sorry for being rude to a scammer. Huh

I really wish we could all be nice to each other, but some people just prefer the money.

It's a good question though, what are we gaining? Hopefully, the respect of people that we put our time and name and nerves on the line to get this place to work better. I don't expect everyone to like this before the scheme runs with the remaining funds. But hopefully, this will look otherwise afterward.

If not, yes, then I've been a total idiot for trying to help people just to get insults for it. Time will tell I guess.

The day it's over all you have to do is use one of your other sock puppet accounts.  It's coming, you better be ready.

RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:27:11 AM

What I want to know is, what is motivating these super-aggressive naysayers? What do they stand to gain by scaring people away from pirate?

I think it's reasonable for people to warn of a potential ponzi, but some people have been super-aggressive about it lately (and suddenly), to the point of extreme rudeness.

Jealously?   Spite?   Who knows.   Perhaps they're just horrible people, who hate seeing other people making money when they're too cautious to try it themselves.

At the end of the day, who cares what they think.  They're just trashing their own reputations by being generally horrible trolls.

They may end up being right in the end, it's perfectly feasible, but the way they're going about it (and as you mention, their motives) is/are completely screwed.

As I've been saying over and over, we're all adults here (well, not all perhaps) and what we choose to do with our own money is our own business.  I for one don't need some random lecturing me about the risks.  I know the risks, thanks very much.  But as we're just hitting on now, this clearly isn't about them trying to be good people.  They have their own motives.

Forget them, not worth it.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:32:31 AM

What's the point of this thread?

I know but not telling. Well, lock your thread and let it die in flames.
mollison

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:39:01 AM

They've been demanding BTC/money from Pirate or else they'll threadspam the ponzi meme all over his threads.  I've heard they also tried DDOSing gpumax as well.

Do you have any evidence for this, or is it just speculation?

I have literally been trying to figure out, "How could someone make money by trashing pirate?" But this is the first thing I've hit upon (thanks to you).

Not trying to figure it out because I would do it, but just because these attacks seem to have become strangely programmatic and motivated in the last couple of days.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:55:00 AM

Not trying to figure it out because I would do it, but just because these attacks seem to have become strangely programmatic and motivated in the last couple of days.

You know what I find amazing.  Asking him flat out what he's doing and having him flat out say he won't say.  And people are okay with this?  I see some of the biggest names on the GLBSE backing him like he's a god.  I'm seriously thinking of pulling all my bitcoin out of the GLBSE.  I just got started here and I don't think I want to be a part of this.  Whatever "this" is.

This is just from someone that has stumbled across the GLBSE within the last couple months.  A person with capital to invest but has a serious issue with how the people he invests with invests their money.

Have you all done lost your minds?
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:00:56 AM

You know what I find amazing.  Asking him flat out what he's doing and having him flat out say he won't say.  And people are okay with this? 

For the millioneth time, what business is it of yours what other people do with their own money?

You think people are crazy for investing, well whoopdedoo.  Remind me why I should give a shit.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:04:03 AM

You know what I find amazing.  Asking him flat out what he's doing and having him flat out say he won't say.  And people are okay with this? 

For the millioneth time, what business is it of yours what other people do with their own money?

You think people are crazy for investing, well whoopdedoo.  Remind me why I should give a shit.

Are you serious?  I just explained why.
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:06:53 AM

You know what I find amazing.  Asking him flat out what he's doing and having him flat out say he won't say.  And people are okay with this?  

You think people are crazy for investing, well whoopdedoo.  Remind me why I should give a shit.

Are you serious?  I just explained why.

Oh, you explained why you're qualified to speak for everyone else and decide for them how they should invest their own cash?  

Again, I couldn't care less what you do with your money, please extend the same courtesy to everyone else.    I don't care what you or anyone else thinks.  We're all grown ups here, we can make our own choices based on the available facts, thanks very much.

If everyone would just mind their own business the trolling today would be almost non-existant.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:11:02 AM

Are you serious?  I just explained why.

Oh, you explained why you're qualified to speak for everyone else and decide for them how they should invest their own cash? 

Again, I couldn't care less what you do with your money, please extend the same courtesy to everyone else.    I don't care what you or anyone else thinks.

No, I didn't do that either. 

You need to take some meds or up the dosage or something.

Later
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:14:58 AM

Later

Yeah, bye bye.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 08:17:39 AM

Third party; you're being an ass to Bitcoiners and you miss the point. He already explained he was getting out because a total default would have effects on the entire GLSBE market and Bitcoins overall, not just those invested in Pirate or his PPTs. You should care. This can affect EVERYONE.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: