Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New and looking to buy Cryptocurrency  (Read 2922 times)
BTCinversion

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:23:02 PM

The easiest way to buy any of those coins is to buy bitcoin first. I think it is still the best option!

(my first post!)
aNtiClocK

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:37:46 PM

Firstly don't bye other cryptocurrency other than btc.because it is established site.
Secondly if you wan to but then buy ltc or stellar. These are also good cryptocurrencies
smaihar (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:10:05 PM

What a bunch of helping people Cheesy. I will take all the advice and do accordingly. The only reason I didn't think of buying bitcoin is because its already too expensive and I feel am too late to buy it to make any profit. Do you guys think differently and feel it will increase more in value?
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:20:10 PM

I'd advise you only invest in bitcoin for now (not more than you afford to lose), best to do a lot of research if you plan to invest in alts as a majority are just get-rich-quick schemes.
I will quote this member as he has already said just about everything i would have.
I do own 0.94 Darkcoin and 0.99 Litecoin but i really only bought them to check out what it was like to use.

What a bunch of helping people Cheesy. I will take all the advice and do accordingly. The only reason I didn't think of buying bitcoin is because its already too expensive and I feel am too late to buy it to make any profit. Do you guys think differently and feel it will increase more in value?

No way it's not too late to buy IMO, you could have bought in at about $260 USD a coin yesterday and cash out at $295 today, good profit on anyones books.
Always remember that you never have to buy a full bitcoin anyway, buy whatever you can afford, just not more  Wink

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:59:13 PM

I am new to virtual currency and looking to buy some. Am considering Litecoin, NXT, vertcoin and infinitecoin. Can someone please suggest me what would be a good option to start with ??

Much appreciate the help. Thanks Cheesy

It is really hard getting honest replies since most people want to promote the coins they're holding.

Do a bit of research by reading about developers of different alt-coins. Sure it will require some time but you'll be able to make informed decisions.

To start off, here's a good article about investing in crypto in 2015:
http://fuk.io/january-2015-report-best-altcoins-and-cryptos-to-mine-and-invest-in-for-high-profits/
Based on what I've seen, this list has much more credibility than what you've proposed yourself.
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:05:32 PM

I think it is now a great time to buy bitcoin and I do expect the price to be much higher when bitcoin goes mainstream. IMO, it is much safer to invest in bitcoin, as many altcoins were/are/will be pumped and dumped.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:27:18 PM

You can invest in BTC, and then in BTC mining  Grin This is smart decision  Wink
Towlie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:31:16 PM

Don't invest in Infintecoin. That coin is dead and the transaction fees are ridiculous. Litecoin or Next may be ok but whats wrong with just buying the currency that started it all? Bitcoin. I think thats the safest investment option.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:15:50 PM

I am new to virtual currency and looking to buy some. Am considering Litecoin, NXT, vertcoin and infinitecoin. Can someone please suggest me what would be a good option to start with ??

Much appreciate the help. Thanks Cheesy
buy nxt it has nice features and more features are added.you can buy nxt on bter,cryptsy or poloniex.

Yes, Nxt is a good entry point. Thanks to its long-term trading range, Nxt is stable enough price-wise to buy in stages through dollar-cost averaging:

Battle-scarred tip: Nxt is a good buy when it hits 5000 satoshis or less. It's not a good buy when it goes above 10'000 satoshis.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:32:06 PM

Lots of FUD here about alt coins.
The_FluffyBunny

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:06:10 PM

I currently hold Bitcoin and NXT.
Those are the 2 cryptos i see succeeding.
DogSave

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:30:28 PM

Just learn about cryptocoin a week ago but fell in love with them just got a wallet download took 3days lol. no one in my country Belize have heard about it. Anyone willing to donate to my walletto try it out & to get me started Thanks i have four differerent wallet but all empty. Bitcoin 1AT1xshyGootwtaC1J9yf23HMxw7BEtrfY   
Litecoin LXnuc3ZBUxtRATsCKusrNihEVxmbdtn5VG
Dogecoin DLJ54TfX8XhadmCgp8JtnFQ21TVSs8HvGd
Fedoracoin EgKrSZDdETmKGPv6A8YyP1BLJwvgbi4dW2

Any liitle donation to anyone would be appreciated just want to learn how it works cannot buy here in country Thanks
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:55:36 PM

Oh wow, sort of exciting to see some new people around here.

This place is awesome but can be a little rough at times as well.

I have a couple words of advice for you when getting started.

1. Never ever delete your wallet.dat, it holds all your Coins and if you lose that there is no way to get your Coins back. Make backups and keep it somewhere safe.

2. Do very thorough research into any Coin you might want to buy and wait atleast a few weeks before judging whether or not you might want to buy some, if there are problems then your probably going to see many posts about it.

3. Don't download any software from untrusted sources, they may contain wallet stealing virus's

Welcome to the Wild West
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 08:56:06 PM

Just learn about cryptocoin a week ago but fell in love with them just got a wallet download took 3days lol. no one in my country Belize have heard about it. Anyone willing to donate to my walletto try it out & to get me started Thanks i have four differerent wallet but all empty. Bitcoin 1AT1xshyGootwtaC1J9yf23HMxw7BEtrfY   

Any liitle donation to anyone would be appreciated just want to learn how it works cannot buy here in country Thanks

GTFOH Beggar!

Seriously, no begging or hand outs here.  You gots to work for it like everyone else, bruh.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:59:54 PM

GTFOH Beggar!

Seriously, no begging or hand outs here.  You gots to work for it like everyone else, bruh.

Hey man that's not very nice of you, we were all newbies once.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:24:23 PM

Don't take advice from this forum or others. Do your own research. You have much reading to do..

That being said, Bitcoin. Its the reserve currency of all crypto and everything is traded for it. Buy now while its low, or maybe wait to see how low it goes.
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:25:47 PM

Welcome to the forum. Do your own research about what you think are the right decisions for you.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:32:27 PM

Welcome to the forum. Do your own research about what you think are the right decisions for you.
\

Agreed. As you can obviously see, it isn't exactly obvious what will make you money and what won't. I, personally, think you should spend at least a few months researching and getting involved in the cryptocurrency community as a bystander before investing money. Also, many people think bitcoin could continue downward so don't fall into the trap that it is a sure money-maker.
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:35:48 PM

you want to own a few Unobtanium just in case ... (most scarce and also most stable pow-coin under the sun)
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:46:56 PM

Nxt all the way. I wouldn't bother with anything else atm
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: