Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: having serious issues Bitcoin mining, please help!  (Read 3245 times)
cal.97 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:16:14 AM

hey there guys, i installed the python miner using this bash script:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pyopencl subversion
svn checkout http://svn.json-rpc.org/trunk/python-jsonrpc
cd python-jsonrpc/
sudo python setup.py install
cd ..
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm/raw/master/BitcoinMiner.cl
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm/raw/master/BitcoinMiner.py
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm/raw/master/poclbm.py
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm/raw/master/sha256.py

however, when attempting to run, via
Code:
poclbm.py -d1 --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=c*****@live.co.uk --pass=***##*
i get this error
Code:
poclbm.py: command not found

how to fix?
Many thanks! and ill be sure to donate some bit coin to the one who fixes my problem! (as soon as i mine it of course)
*edit*
if one is more inclined to help, will donate my first 6 hours of earnings to them. (gtx 570 Wink )

furthermore, with the lack of replies to this thread im starting to wonder weather i have made a stupid mistake!

Much obliged, gentlemen!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CydeWeys

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:24:37 AM

.... you did change directories to the location where you extracted poclbm to before attempting to run that, right?
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 12:25:14 AM

Try: python ./poclbm.py -d1 --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=c*****@live.co.uk --pass=***##*

cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:26:39 AM

.... you did change directories to the location where you extracted poclbm to before attempting to run that, right?
no...
CydeWeys

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:28:30 AM

... it sounds like your issue is general command-line knowledge, which is definitely a prerequisite to doing something like GPU mining against the OpenCL API.
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:32:44 AM

... it sounds like your issue is general command-line knowledge, which is definitely a prerequisite to doing something like GPU mining against the OpenCL API.
lmao, how do i fix this?
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:36:39 AM

generally by reading and learning
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:39:32 AM

generally by reading and learning

much obliged, mewantsbitcoins, care to write and inform, generally screwed the install over already, how can i fix this? or can i?
thanks, Grin
CydeWeys

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:40:38 AM

Well you might start here:  http://tinyurl.com/3zeaywo
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:44:13 AM

Well you might start here:  http://tinyurl.com/3zeaywo

seems fairly a lengthy and drawn out process, would much rather somebody kindly give me the correct commands to fix the problem, in return for bitcoins i then make.
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:47:17 AM

Ok, let's try.
I haven't tried this miner before and generally it's a pain in the ass to get everything installed on linux, so let's just try simple commands and see - maybe if you installed it via apt-get it also installed all dependencies and we get lucky. Otherwise I recommend you try LinuxCoin http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=7374.0

Now, go into the directory you installed your miner and type

Code:
python poclbm.py -d1 --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=c*****@live.co.uk --pass=***##*
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:51:09 AM

Ok, let's try.
I haven't tried this miner before and generally it's a pain in the ass to get everything installed on linux, so let's just try simple commands and see - maybe if you installed it via apt-get it also installed all dependencies and we get lucky. Otherwise I recommend you try LinuxCoin http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=7374.0

Now, go into the directory you installed your miner and type

Code:
python poclbm.py -d1 --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=c*****@live.co.uk --pass=***##*

this has returned the same error code, 'python: can't open file 'poclbm.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory'
ill switch to booting linux coin from a usb stick then.

thanks for the help. Smiley
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:52:38 AM

Well, linux distribution at the moment is not the problem. The problem is that you try running that command, but you are not in the miner directory
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:56:45 AM

Well, linux distribution at the moment is not the problem. The problem is that you try running that command, but you are not in the miner directory

i realise this, however how can i get to the correct directory, after not specifying one?  Huh
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:01:45 AM

Ok, I see that we won't get far this way. I recommend you download that LinuxCoin distro and then if you have problems starting your miner, come back here or feel free to pm me and we'll sort it out  Wink
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:05:33 AM

Ok, I see that we won't get far this way. I recommend you download that LinuxCoin distro and then if you have problems starting your miner, come back here or feel free to pm me and we'll sort it out  Wink
haha, okay, thanks mewantsbitcoins, although in reality all you offered up was a bit of common sence and logik, will still honour my agreement.
much abliged.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:26:31 AM

haha, okay, thanks mewantsbitcoins, although in reality all you offered up was a bit of common sence and logik, will still honour my agreement.
much abliged.

Try,

Code:
chmod +x poclbm.py
./poclbm.py <args>

mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:28:18 AM

how adding execute permissions to nonexistent file is going to help?
cal.97 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:33:40 AM

much abliged.

Try,

Code:
chmod +x poclbm.py
./poclbm.py <args>

Code:
callam@wejwdfijsfhjnfhndlvjnvanldsndvnsvn:~$ chmod +x poclbm.py
chmod: cannot access `poclbm.py': No such file or directory
callam@wejwdfijsfhjnfhndlvjnvanldsndvnsvn:~$ ./poclbm.py <args>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
callam@wejwdfijsfhjnfhndlvjnvanldsndvnsvn:~$ python poclbm.py -d1 --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=**** pass=****
python: can't open file 'poclbm.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
callam@wejwdfijsfhjnfhndlvjnvanldsndvnsvn:~$

mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:36:42 AM

cal.97 if you really determined to try and make this work try

Code:
sudo updatedb
Code:
locate poclbm.py

then you should see the path where your poclbm.py resides. or just post the output and we'll see where it's at

edit: are you downloading LinuxCoin?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: