Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:37:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Israeli Bitcoin Association  (Read 854 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:10:47 PM

The Israeli Bitcoin Association is a nonprofit organization, founded in July 2013 and legally registered in March 2014. Its goal is to maximize the benefit that Israel's population gains from the Bitcoin technology.

Its homepage (in Hebrew) is at http://iba.bitcoin.org.il/.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:11:04 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 03:02:19 AM by Meni Rosenfeld

There was no post about the Israeli Bitcoin Association (henceforth IBA) so far, simply because by the time it was established, the Israeli Bitcoin scene was so big that global concerns such as this forum were not my main focus. But I think a post for it should exist, and I will try to update it with important events... Starting with the one in the next reply.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:11:23 PM

The results from the 2014 elections to the IBA board of directors and audit committee are in!

113 registered members of the IBA have voted, which constitute 78% of a total of 145 eligible members. The number of votes that each candidate received is:

Board of directors:
94   Meni Rosenfeld**
74   Eden Shochat**
71   Ron Gross**
63   Gitai Zakh**
52   Eli Bejerano*
31   Nimrod Lehavi*
26   Nimrod Gruber*
26   Libi Koren
21   Yakir Ratner
17   Shalom Cohen
15   Alex Cohen
15   Amos Meiri
2   Roey Gorodish

Audit committee:
81   Jonathan Rouach**
75   Ofer Rotem**
53   Amichay Peretz Klopshtock*
31   Lior Tasman*

Candidates marked with ** will now enter their roles for a two-year cadence. Candidates marked with * will enter a cadence of one year. Ties were resolved with a lottery agreed on by the parties involved.

Congratulations to the winners!

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:17:02 PM

"nonprofit"
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:27:06 PM

"nonprofit"
Nonprofit, yes. It's registered in Israel as an "Amuta" (עמותה רשומה).

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:31:48 PM

"nonprofit"

Oh well, hey now, if it's registered as derp derp that means they are definitely a "non profit"

Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:41:01 AM

it's about 5 minutes away from turning into an antisemit thread.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:56:50 AM

Israel's population gains

Stop war ... first (supplyed by US navy armory facility).
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:07:03 AM

even FIFA is declared as non profit.
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:07:11 AM

simply because by the time it was established, the Israeli Bitcoin scene was so big that global concerns such as this forum were not my main focus.

Of course all the jews got in early. What a surprise.  Roll Eyes
An opportunity to milk some goyim: must have had explosive growth in isreal.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:29:36 AM

Thanks everyone for reminding me why I don't spend much time on this forum anymore.

"nonprofit"
Oh well, hey now, if it's registered as derp derp that means they are definitely a "non profit"
Legal registration status does not in itself indicate the core values, I'll give you that.

But if you had any idea who are the people involved, and how the IBA has been handled so far financially and otherwise... You'd feel really embarrassed about your asinine insinuations.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:36:37 AM

The results from the 2014 elections to the IBA board of directors and audit committee are in!

113 registered members of the IBA have voted, which constitute 78% of a total of 145 eligible members. The number of votes that each candidate received is:

Board of directors:
94   Meni Rosenfeld**
74   Eden Shochat**
71   Ron Gross**
63   Gitai Zakh**
52   Eli Bejerano*
31   Nimrod Lehavi*
26   Nimrod Gruber*
26   Libi Koren
21   Yakir Ratner
17   Shalom Cohen
15   Alex Cohen
15   Amos Meiri
2   Roey Gorodish

Audit committee:
81   Jonathan Rouach**
75   Ofer Rotem**
31   Lior Tasman*

Candidates marked with ** will now enter their roles for a two-year cadence. Candidates marked with * will enter a cadence of one year. Ties were resolved with a lottery agreed on by the parties involved.

Great election turn out! Love the lotto tie breaker (presumably works better in person!)

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:37:56 AM

Thanks everyone for reminding me why I don't spend much time on this forum anymore.

"nonprofit"
Legal registration status does not in itself indicate the core values, I'll give you that.

But if you had any idea who are the people involved, and how the IBA has been handled so far financially and otherwise... You'd feel really embarrassed about your asinine insinuations.

We have the same troll problem on another popular forum that I have the burden of running a small part of. Trolls are not to be taken too seriously. Just ignore and move on.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
FederalReserveofWIP

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:51:51 AM

Board of directors:
94   Meni Rosenfeld**
74   Eden Shochat**
71   Ron Gross**
63   Gitai Zakh**
52   Eli Bejerano*
31   Nimrod Lehavi*
26   Nimrod Gruber*
26   Libi Koren
21   Yakir Ratner
17   Shalom Cohen
15   Alex Cohen
15   Amos Meiri
2   Roey Gorodish

Audit committee:
81   Jonathan Rouach**
75   Ofer Rotem**
31   Lior Tasman*

Assuming that this is the same person (which I do not have direct confirmation of), I would like to lend my full support to Meni Rosenfeld based on his tireless and selfless voluntary contributions on another forum.  Assuming he is the same person, I have full faith in his sound judgment, selfless service and dedication to higher ideals.

In an online world that is frequently nasty, he has been consistently sane and reasonable, and a pleasure to interact with.

If I learn that this is not the same person I will update this note.

Best regards:

Chairman, Federal Reserve of WIP (name change pending this year), writing personally.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:00:07 AM

We have the same troll problem on another popular forum that I have the burden of running a small part of. Trolls are not to be taken too seriously. Just ignore and move on.
Yeah I know, I'm not new to the interwebz Smiley I just don't remember this forum being this bad.

Love the lotto tie breaker (presumably works better in person!)
Probably, but difficult to arrange. I suggested a virtually-trustless hash-based cryptographic coin toss... But the candidates just asked me to toss a physical coin at the convenience of my home.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: