Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Akka - Default trust account no longer hacked!  (Read 6397 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:51:33 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 11:46:50 PM by Quickseller

OP note: no conspiracy theories about default trust nor any 'I hate Vod' posts

EDIT: Per theymos the rightful owner of akka is now in control of his account.
Akka's account has been restored to the rightful owner.

User Akka recently reset his password (yesterday) and is now selling a "exploit" to hack gmx accounts. I searched his username in the digital goods section and found that only two posts (in one thread) were made in that section prior to today.

The account has made exactly 25 posts since July 6th, 2014.

I know there is a (likely hacked) account that is for sale and on default trust list and I am thinking it might be it.

here is where the account is being sold.

I had been messaging him regarding his exploit via an alt of mine and had been replying to me once ever ~2 mins and has not responded since I asked him for a signed message from an old address. After sending two PM's he replied several minutes later suggesting a particular escrow. I asked him again for a signed message and have not gotten a response. I messaged him from a 2nd alt and have gotten several responses after requesting a signed message from the first one.  He essentially admitted to his account being hacked
I cannot i think you know why

The exploit he is claiming to have can reset any gmx account.

Both BadBear and Theymos appear to be offline, so I would say the most effective course of action would be to post here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:54:44 AM

Update:
Yes it is but we can use escrow
He 100% confirmed his account is hacked
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:03:26 AM

nice job quickseller  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:06:38 AM

nice job man

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:08:10 AM

nice job quickseller  Wink
Thank you. I appreciate it.

nice job man
NP bro
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:09:10 AM

Sucks that this scammer was able to leave you negative feedback that modified your trust rating.

Hopefully when the Admins get online they will remove the hacked account from default trust.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:11:24 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 02:01:45 AM by Quickseller

Sucks that this scammer was able to leave you negative feedback that modified your trust rating.

Hopefully when the Admins get online they will remove the hacked account from default trust.
I am sending Theymos a pm right now.

Don't worry about my trust rating. The last time someone on default trust left me retaliatory feedback I was able to get them removed from default trust quickly

EDIT: it looks like he got you too
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:19:13 AM

I banned him and removed him from my trust list.

The real Akka should email me.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:23:09 AM

I banned him and removed him from my trust list.

The real Akka should email me.
It email was probably hacked.

You can't possibly remove the trust he left several people, can you? It is clearly invalid and was sent by a hacker.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:29:47 AM

It email was probably hacked.

Yeah, I'll require a lot of extra proof.

You can't possibly remove the trust he left several people, can you? It is clearly invalid and was sent by a hacker.

Removed.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:34:10 AM

Thanks Theymos!   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:21:44 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 08:36:32 AM by MadZ

Why wouldn't I cooperate? Blatant simple. I didn't even have access to any default trust accounts and if I did I would not have sold it but rather keep it to myself.

You were saying?
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:23:26 AM

I am Regular Guy on HF and I am NOT selling this account. I can confirm via PM that I am not selling it and that I am the owner of that account.

why was that thread posted? I was simply seeing how much these accounts would go for. Quickseller messaged me asking for a price on this account, and has now given me neg trust because I would not cooperate with him

Why wouldn't I cooperate? Blatant simple. I didn't even have access to any default trust accounts and if I did I would not have sold it but rather keep it to myself.

This thread is a load of garbage, anyone on HF can vouch that I've never sold an account that has been HACKED but rather built up on my own.

If I was the scammer, why would i come here and open up that i'm selling the account (which I am not)?

It's a stupid move, I'm here to be honest and that is what I am doing and I HOPE quickseller respects that.

This is utter bullshit, and I hope my neg trust rating is removed for something I am NOT responsible for.
I am not going to say how I know however there is evidence that linked you to every account being advertised in that screen shot except the default trust list account.

You sent me a pm with a specific account asking for an offer and when I asked if you could prove ownership (not for proof, but if you would be able to produce it) and your response was that you would allow me access to the account first and then you would have me pay you
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:24:39 AM

I am Regular Guy on HF and I am NOT selling this account. I can confirm via PM that I am not selling it and that I am the owner of that account.

why was that thread posted? I was simply seeing how much these accounts would go for. Quickseller messaged me asking for a price on this account, and has now given me neg trust because I would not cooperate with him

This thread is a load of garbage, anyone on HF can vouch that I've never sold an account that has been HACKED but rather built up on my own.

If I was the scammer, why would i come here and open up that i'm selling the account (which I am not)?

It's a stupid move, I'm here to be honest and that is what I am doing and I HOPE quickseller respects that.

This is utter bullshit, and I hope my neg trust rating is removed for something I am NOT responsible for.

Can you keep your script kiddie drama away from this forum please? I don't know where all for you are coming from, but it seems almost every member of Hack Forums that comes here has nothing to contribute, and only peddles scams, ebooks, and hacked accounts in the marketplace.
moreia

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:28:30 AM

i can vouch that spod was reselling the account, i'm also on hf and when i queried about the account to also see if it was stolen he said he was re-selling, and didn;t have ownership
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:35:08 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2020, 09:10:16 AM by mprep

PM's with spoderman:
Hello,

I am sorry if I have the incorrect person, however I do not want to do business of the forum so I do not want to contact you elsewhere.

I have reason to believe that you are selling a hero member on default trust for 4 BTC and a hero member with neutral trust for .25 BTC.

Can you confirm if you are in fact selling them, if they are still available, if these are the lowest you are willing to sell them for and if they are hacked accounts.

I apologize if I have the incorrect person.

Thank you for your attention.
Wow, you really get around don't you.
How'd you find out it was me?
I wouldn't budge from 4BTC at the current bitcoin rates.
The hero memeber was negative, and i sold it
I'd rather not reveal my sources or my methods.

Would you be willing to divulge the identity of the default trust account? I could agree that I will not share it's identity.
I'd rather not reveal my resources
fair enough. Are you able to prove ownership of the account via a signed message from an old, unedited post? Of course you would not need to provide such message until immediately prior to any transaction taking place
Pretty sure that would reveal my resources would it not?
I'm not interested in selling to a member who already owns tons of accounts and sells them for extremely high amounts, and then buys at low-ball offers. I know it's your business, but I rather be fair and sell to someone genuinely interested
Like I said it would not need to be provided until an agreement could be reached. If you are not interested in selling to me then that is fair enough
I'm not, thanks for the offer though.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=37537 - how much would you pay for this account?
Don't low ball me. Im not doing any negotiating either.
I'll go first so keep that in consideration when you offer your price
Thanks
Before I would be willing to make any kind of offer I would need confirmation that you can prove ownership of the account. This would mean a signed bitcoin message. If you only have a signed message transferring ownership to another account then that would be fine, however you would need to do the same with the 2nd account (either on or off the forum).
Don't worry about it then, either way you are getting the account, all this verification nonsense isn't required for an offer.
If you give me a valid offer, i'll give you the account FIRST. That's my offer.
Even if I have the account first I have no way to prove ownership unless you let me have control of the account for 3+ months prior to me sending payment so I can establish an address to associate with the account and confirm there are no ownership disputes.

I am not interested in buying a hacked account, nor am I interested in dealing in any accusations of selling/using a hacked account. I do not want to associate my reputation with such activity

I am not going to say how I know however there is evidence that linked you to every account being advertised in that screen shot except the default trust list account.

You sent me a pm with a specific account asking for an offer and when I asked if you could prove ownership (not for proof, but if you would be able to produce it) and your response was that you would allow me access to the account first and then you would have me pay you
I didn't show a link to soul on HF. i did sell a few newbie to Full member accounts as that's what I actually had access to, the default trust one was simply reselling from you

the method:
-- Sell for 4BTC on HF
-- Pay you 3.5BTC
-- Profit .5BTC

I'm sure you were selling a default trust account a while ago, right?
If you really bought that account then why don't you post from it, or at the very least PM me from it, or even tell me what you told me you were going to do with it

No, that is not what happened
This:
-- Person from HF pays 4BTC
-- I pay you 3.5BTC for the account
-- Give the HF person the account

No one bought the account hence you never heard from me
How do you explain the hero member, 7,000 post, 500 activity account that you are selling for .3 btc? That is significantly less then what I am selling any hero account for and significantly less then what I have ever seen a hero account sell for?

How do you explain offering to sell Spekulatius while implying that it was hacked? (it was really more of an admission)

This:

How do you explain the hero member, 7,000 post, 500 activity account that you are selling for .3 btc? That is significantly less then what I am selling any hero account for and significantly less then what I have ever seen a hero account sell for?

How do you explain offering to sell Spekulatius while implying that it was hacked? (it was really more of an admission)
My friend combo'd it, i highly recommend you flag that acct btw.
I was only looking for a price offering so he could sell it.
Also, the hero member was a friends with neg trust and it was given to me for free if i could sell it give him a cut. i wasn't expecting anything more than .1 for it.
You essentially admitted the account was hacked.

Then it just so happens that a hacked account pop's up that was on default trust list? I find your explanation regarding the default trust account hard to believe. Either way that isn't why I gave you the negative trust, I gave it to you because you were offering to sell a hacked account.

This:

My friend combo'd it, i highly recommend you flag that acct btw.
I was only looking for a price offering so he could sell it.
Also, the hero member was a friends with neg trust and it was given to me for free if i could sell it give him a cut. i wasn't expecting anything more than .1 for it.
You essentially admitted the account was hacked.

Then it just so happens that a hacked account pop's up that was on default trust list? I find your explanation regarding the default trust account hard to believe. Either way that isn't why I gave you the negative trust, I gave it to you because you were offering to sell a hacked account.
Yes it does, that's why i've explained because that was not me. I know it's hard to believe (just my luck right?) but the specifications don't match the hacked account.
I just wanted to see how much it would go for. Not my problem the guy got hacked, I didn't do it so why do i incur the neg trust.
How's that my fault
Like I said the fact that the hacked account popped up today does not have any impact on me giving you negative trust, it only has an impact on my timing. I was hoping to get more confirmation about the legendary account you said was for sale and the hero account you were claiming to be selling (that you now claim to not be actually selling).

Of course you are going to retract your story once you are called out.

He wanted a price before he wanted to make any verification, you wouldn't give me the price so how was I supposed to verify it.
I couldn't
I'm not retracting anything I'm just disappointed i'm involved in this mess when I have nothing to do with the OP nor do I want to harm bitcointalk. I never knew selling hacked accounts weren't allowed... I don't even know how to hack accounts.
I just wanted a quick buck that's it so i offered to sell the account my friend had. and now that's resulted into a -6 which imo is bullshit
I did not ask for actual verification, I asked if you were able to provide such verification. There is a big difference.

Don't worry about your -6, it will eventually turn into a -4

He wanted a price before he wanted to make any verification, you wouldn't give me the price so how was I supposed to verify it.
I couldn't
I'm not retracting anything I'm just disappointed i'm involved in this mess when I have nothing to do with the OP nor do I want to harm bitcointalk. I never knew selling hacked accounts weren't allowed... I don't even know how to hack accounts.
I just wanted a quick buck that's it so i offered to sell the account my friend had. and now that's resulted into a -6 which imo is bullshit
I did not ask for actual verification, I asked if you were able to provide such verification. There is a big difference.

Don't worry about your -6, it will eventually turn into a -4
I still don't see why I suffer the consequences. I didn't intend on harming anyone. Someone asked if I could sell his account, I came to your for an appraisal because you asked me about the account that was yours earlier on.
This is just a mis understanding, I don't think even a -4 is necessary. That mark is going to be on my name for a situation that didn't occur.
If you want, I can switch to your side and prove that legendary is hacked, to assist and prevent people from being hacked. I just want my trust removed.
You are kidding right? You want to prove the account that you tried to sell me is hacked?

Okay prove it is hacked.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

I can confirm account Akka was hacked (I informed theymos right away, thanks for acting, theymos), I bet he had a gmx-address registered with the forum.

My gmx account has been repeatedly taken over (about 6-8 times) since around Dec 16th.

Those incompetents at gmx said I should check my PC for malware.

It became clear there is an exploit that allows password reset by an attacker.

The attacker tried to gain access to various of my bitcoin-related (and other) accounts. I know some of them because I saw password reset mails: bitcointalk (failed), bitstamp (failed), anonibet (successful, he got 0.007 BTC), dropbox (don't know, don't use it), paypal (failed), blockchain.info (failed), bitcoin.de (failed), twitter (failed)

I'm not sure why he failed on so many accounts. PW reset should've worked just fine for many of them, maybe I interrupted him. I also don't understand why he didn't try to lock me out of my gmx account by changing secondary security features (phone number, security question, alternative email address). I was always able to re-gain control of the account by using the registered phone-number.

I migrated all relevant sites from that gmx account.

I'm really pissed at gmx, why don't they close that hole already?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 08:33:39 AM

Quickseller, thanks for looking out for us and thanks Theymos and molecular for acting so quickly!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 2616

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:01:00 AM

I can confirm account Akka was hacked (I informed theymos right away, thanks for acting, theymos), I bet he had a gmx-address registered with the forum.

My gmx account has been repeatedly taken over (about 6-8 times) since around Dec 16th.

How did the hacker know your email address associated with your account? Was it publicly known prior?

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:09:51 AM

How did the hacker know your email address associated with your account? Was it publicly known prior?

I'm assuming he got it from the mtgox leak back in 2011 (or was it 2012?). It's very likely someone using gox in 2011 also has a btctalk account... and a valuable one at that Wink

That's what I'd do if I had that exploit and was a black hat: take all gmx addresses from that leak and attack those dudes... there might be some bitcoins to be had.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: