Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $1000 Skateboard  (Read 745 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:38:13 AM

http://igg.me/at/zboard/x/1532302 it might be the coolest thing ever, but $1000 for a skateboard? really? 
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:24:45 AM

You can't even do any tricks on it. All you can do is just ride it around.

What is the point of having an electric skateboard? Is it really that hard to push your foot off the ground once in a while? Is that effort worth $1000 to you?
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:00:36 PM

What is the point of having an electric skateboard? Is it really that hard to push your foot off the ground once in a while? Is that effort worth $1000 to you?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:37:25 PM

hahahahaa, I didn't even look at it that way, but honestly this isn't about effort or laziness, it really seems to be more about how wealth is spent.

Don't be surprised if next year the $5K version is climate controlled to keep your feet cool as you glide the streets.

well, if you put it that way, then a $1000 skateboard is a bargain Grin.
llanillo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:46:44 PM

That skateboard must have super powers or something because 1000$!!!!!!!!!!! .... e.e

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:51:44 PM

way to much
Aggressor66

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:58:39 PM

People just don't want to move a muscle to things these days.
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:32:20 PM

way to much

What about this Hendo Hoverboards   

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:47:46 PM

way to much

Those things are awesome.  Can't wait til they have skateparks where you can rent one for the day

Aggressor66

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:01:15 PM

way to much

It only has a 15min battery life and its $10,000  Undecided
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:45:24 PM

To be honest its not even really like a skateboard, its more suitable to consider it more like a long board even though its a bit shorter. Consider this I suppose, my wife long boards and goes out randomly and will ride for 3 or 4 hours just to give me a call to come pick her up because she may be tired or time doesn't allow for her to push back. 20 MPH for 16-18 miles on a small motor isnt too bad.

Seeing this as an option would alleviate that. I dont see the price as being fair and think that the trucks should be sold separate for those who have their own boards. There is already other options like this for about 300-400 for a truck set with roughly the same speed and battery time.

And I assume you didnt read the part about a battery and what not, yada yada. Its not meant to be a push replacement.

"The brushless design allows for more natural coasting, allowing you to push the ZBoard when the battery expires or is turned off."

I am also not sure if you have kids or not, but let me say one more thing, it doesn't matter how stupid, ugly or impracticable something may be, they want it. They want so badly to be different from their friends or have something no one else has or that one thing that everyone has but what they have is better. Its always a shit show. If it gets them out of the house, I am usually on board to buy it.

Thanks for sharing.
Darude Sandstorm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:23:06 PM

way to much

These things will just be a fad... and an expensive one at that. You might as well just skatebaord instead. These things look very difficult to master and there's even a video of Tony Hawk trying it out and not doing a good job of it. I'll wait for real Back to the Future hoverboards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: