Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:20:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It would seem fallin was right..  (Read 2026 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:08:32 PM

There will be no mass adoption.  The average person cannot even create a new text file on a computer.  BTC will become like magic cards and only be used by geeks like us.. :S.

Perhaps in the future this could change but most people are super lazy and don't like to figure shit out.

Like a true bag holder I have zero intention of selling my crypto stash I just feel it will become nothing but the toys of geeks..  Blinded by the rose coloured glasses we are.

Without the ability to buy BTC easily and use it easily I cannot see it working out.. People just have to jump through to many hoops and do to many dances to even have the ability to easily buy BTC.. the gov has killed it.  The idea everything must be monitored to prevent "terrorism" has utterly destroyed our freedom and will destroy anything that requires freedom to use.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:12:54 PM

Despair
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:18:43 PM

Despair

Alas the entire community must be in dispare to truely be a dispare phase.  Still way to many bulls.

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:21:54 PM

People not using bitcoin doesn't bring the price down, speculators thinking average joe wants to use bitcoin and coming to a realization that bitcoin isn't ready for that is what brings the price down.

People that have bitcoin control the price of bitcoin, not the other way around.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:22:07 PM

If I used Magic cards and could play with them with friends, why would I care if the whole world also plays with them?

I can use bitcoins for about 90% of my spending. The rest I can sell bitcoins for cash. I see no problem if we continue with our current adoption and services. Though I know more services are coming.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:26:02 PM

There will be no mass adoption.  The average person cannot even create a new text file on a computer.  BTC will become like magic cards and only be used by geeks like us.. :S.

Perhaps in the future this could change but most people are super lazy and don't like to figure shit out.

This is why I think that if bitcoin is to succeed, it will be decades from now, and actually, bitcoin is way way overpriced as compared to its current fundamentals.  My idea of the speculative price was concerning a projection of a chance of success and mass adoption, maybe 20 years from now.  Computers were difficult to handle in the 80-ies too, and only a toy for geeks.  This can change over time.  Decades.

I don't think it was intended to be adopted so fast, if the bitcoin creation is spread over 140 years.

As I pointed out elsewhere, general adoption in the first 10 years would be an ecological disaster.  The mining reward has to go down down down much before general adoption can even be reasonable.

The rise, and fall of bitcoin will make a totally random re-distribution of the coins in such a way that there is almost no relationship anymore with "first adopters" who will have stepped out mostly since a long time.  Only then it will be a much more "honest" wealth distribution if it rises up again.
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:28:56 PM

Your average Joe does not buy gold as a store of value to speculate on. Maybe as brand new jewelry from a shop, but he would only get a small fraction of what he paid if selling for scrap or secondhand. However, gold still holds value.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

Your average Joe does not buy gold as a store of value to speculate on. Maybe as brand new jewelry from a shop, but he would only get a small fraction of what he paid if selling for scrap or secondhand. However, gold still holds value.

Gold is still a multi trillion dollar market despite us coming off the gold standard in 1971.

spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:44:37 PM

Gold is still a multi trillion dollar market despite us coming off the gold standard in 1971.

Most countries still buy and hold gold.  The world did not agree with the idea of leaving the gold standard..  Many people still think we are on it.
If the world was educated on what money is.. shit would get crazy with PM's and cryptos as well.  The odds of this happening are almost 0.
s.mouse

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:19:05 PM

Like a true bag holder I have zero intention of selling my crypto stash I just feel it will become nothing but the toys of geeks..  Blinded by the rose coloured glasses we are.

Without the ability to buy BTC easily and use it easily I cannot see it working out.. People just have to jump through to many hoops and do to many dances to even have the ability to easily buy BTC.. the gov has killed it.  The idea everything must be monitored to prevent "terrorism" has utterly destroyed our freedom and will destroy anything that requires freedom to use.

Falling wasn't right. He just liked to troll with fud. Lets see how right he is in the longterm. People are smarter than you think but you dont need to be a computer whizz to use bitcoin. If you can operate a smart phone and do online banking or use Paypal then you can use bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:26:40 PM

Despair

btw this is the longest despair phase? in 2011 i don't remenber being that long
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:29:09 PM

Although Nixon officially released the gold standard, it was de facto already lost since 1933 no ?

http://pricedingold.com/us-dollar/

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3971

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:35:22 PM

This is why I think that if bitcoin is to succeed, it will be decades from now, and actually, bitcoin is way way overpriced as compared to its current fundamentals.  My idea of the speculative price was concerning a projection of a chance of success and mass adoption, maybe 20 years from now.  Computers were difficult to handle in the 80-ies too, and only a toy for geeks.  This can change over time.  Decades.

I don't think it was intended to be adopted so fast, if the bitcoin creation is spread over 140 years.

As I pointed out elsewhere, general adoption in the first 10 years would be an ecological disaster.  The mining reward has to go down down down much before general adoption can even be reasonable.

The rise, and fall of bitcoin will make a totally random re-distribution of the coins in such a way that there is almost no relationship anymore with "first adopters" who will have stepped out mostly since a long time.  Only then it will be a much more "honest" wealth distribution if it rises up again.

What is the "honest" distribution? Anyway, more than 90% of bitcoins will be created by 2024. I have no idea what you are talking about re ecological disaster.
Mining equipment gets more and more energy efficient.
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

Falling wasn't right. He just liked to troll with fud. Lets see how right he is in the longterm. People are smarter than you think but you dont need to be a computer whizz to use bitcoin. If you can operate a smart phone and do online banking or use Paypal then you can use bitcoin.

fallling was right, you're just in denial. It's incredible the mental gymnastics people are capable of performing when it comes to rationalizing poor decisions.

You bit-tards live in complete denial and refuse to accept the following fact because you're emotionally invested in bitcoin's success. But here it is: nobody aside from a small minority of geeks with dreams of getting rich fast have any interest in bitcoin, because it holds zero advantages to them compared with government issued fiat. They've heard about it and they know about it. And they still want no part.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Son0fLamb

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:43:47 PM

...It's incredible the mental gymnastics people are capable of performing when it comes to rationalizing poor decisions.

That.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:00:09 PM

More and more people have phones with NFC, way to mass adoption is opening. Don't expect things to be adopted in one day. Internet did not explode in one day, it was relatively slow process. My 3,5 year old daughter can operate tablet and smartphone quiet easily. I think when she will be seven installing a wallet on that tablet will be very easy for her.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:38:44 PM

There will be no mass adoption.  The average person cannot even create a new text file on a computer.  BTC will become like magic cards and only be used by geeks like us.. :S.

Like a true bag holder I have zero intention of selling my crypto stash I just feel it will become nothing but the toys of geeks..  Blinded by the rose coloured glasses we are.

Without the ability to buy BTC easily and use it easily I cannot see it working out.. People just have to jump through to many hoops and do to many dances to even have the ability to easily buy BTC.. the gov has killed it.  The idea everything must be monitored to prevent "terrorism" has utterly destroyed our freedom and will destroy anything that requires freedom to use.

When you set up a paypal account online, you have to provide them with fuckloads of annoying information, wait for shit to clear, and then when you actually use it you they can freeze your accounts at will.
When you buy stocks and shit online, you have to submit fuckloads of annoying information, verify transaction amounts, and wait an eternity for your money to clear (if you do a bank transfer, or longer I guess if you mail a check, i've never done that.)  It is also a hell of a lot more complex than buying bitcoin, even if your doing shorts and crap on bitfinex or something.
Hell when you buy auto insurance online you have to do annoying crap.

Would you say that paypal and online stock brokers are not successful?
Would you say that people have "figured out" how to do those things?

I agree with you 100 percent that the buying options for bitcoin are atrocious, but that has nothing to do with an individuals computer knowledge.  It has to do with all the crappy sketchy exchanges.  

Edit- The same troll posted 4 times in this thread, supporting himself, by quoting himself.  Now that is some good trolling  Wink
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:44:04 PM

This graph should be a meme or some shit. During every single last fucking dip since 2011 people post that exact graph, its hilarious!

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:50:39 PM

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:55:33 PM

Here you go, a blast from the past when Bitcoin was $3.20

Can i safely assume we are in the 'paradigm shift' phase of the bubble disillusion graph?

For those not familiar with it:

We're currently at Capitulation.  I speculate wildly that Despair starts somewhere under $0.50, but anyone who calls a bottom with any kind of authority at this stage will likely eat their words.

($3.80 / $3.20 / $whatever) is the new ($whatever)

Heh, I've heard that one all the way down, but usually it lasts at least a few days.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: