Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian House Prices  (Read 494 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:55:43 PM

It would seem interest rates will just continue to go lower.  I doubt we will ever see 5% again as long as the CAD exists.  It just is not possible  it would decimate the ecom.

I am wondering when it only costs .5% for a loan what do you think the average house price will be?

Do you think the avg price will hit 1 mill with in the next 10 years?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:08:39 PM

If you get a leader in there that wants to bring value back to the CAD, they will raise interest rates.

Reagan did this in the early 80s raising interest to almost 20%. It brought a shock to the economy at first but ended with a better economy overall.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:18:07 PM

If you get a leader in there that wants to bring value back to the CAD, they will raise interest rates.

Reagan did this in the early 80s raising interest to almost 20%. It brought a shock to the economy at first but ended with a better economy overall.

We are so dependent on the housing "market".. it would annihilate our ecom.  I would even say if the housing goes below a 3% return a year things will get really bad.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:37:56 PM

We are so dependent on the housing "market".. it would annihilate our ecom.  I would even say if the housing goes below a 3% return a year things will get really bad.

A country wealth is build by service and production, not inflated asset.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:56:10 PM

A country wealth is build by service and production, not inflated asset.

Suppose to be.. alas ours is currently not.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:56:21 PM

Exact same thing happened in the US from 2005 to 2009. Prices did not continue to go up.

How many years have Canada's housing boom been going on?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

Exact same thing happened in the US from 2005 to 2009. Prices did not continue to go up.

How many years have Canada's housing boom been going on?

10-15...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:06:23 PM

In Alberta, house prices have gone through the roof since there is oil money everywhere.

With oil prices so low a lot of layoffs are happening.  This should cause the housing bubble to burst.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:58:16 PM

In Alberta, house prices have gone through the roof since there is oil money everywhere.

With oil prices so low a lot of layoffs are happening.  This should cause the housing bubble to burst.

Agreed. Also, the Lower Mainland and Toronto have been in bubble-mode for a long while, and perhaps may always be so. The rest of Canada - not so much.

Geezer tip: If you're willing to move, you can turn a bubble-market house into a life of luxury in another part of the country. It's a one-way trip though, for the foreseeable future.

Also - if you are youngish - understand inflation. Houses that my parents bought and sold for about $5k are on the market for about $500k. Houses that I bought and sold for about $50k are on the market for about $1m. Look at markets as fluid, not as fixed points.

It is still a crap-shoot so relax and enjoy life, but don't whine "ain't it awful" - that's just your starting point.       Wink
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:46:24 AM

Im sorry, but are you claiming Reagan made the US economy better?
Im just trying to make sure my eyes are reading that correctly...
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:53:18 AM

Yep Calgary prices in particular should be going down quite a bit, went up a bit for a while after the floods though with some people moving away from riverside real estate to higher ground lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:37:11 AM

Im sorry, but are you claiming Reagan made the US economy better?
Im just trying to make sure my eyes are reading that correctly...

I guess not so much better as the second half of the 80s the economy did fairly well. His first years brought on a lot of economic insanity and I believe a lot of it has to do with trying to get the dollar back after the Carter years. I am not a big fan of Reagan's huge deficit spending though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: