Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:34:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100.000$ investment  (Read 6297 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:55:57 PM

when in strong doubt, only invest half of your stack. if it works out = profit

if not = you feel only half as stupid  Wink

in addition don't buy all at one go, split that in 4 or 5 weekly or monthly steps

disclaimer: insanely overengaged in bitcoin  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:00:27 PM

Most important question: Is that 100k money you can afford to lose if it went to $0?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Experenza

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:31:30 PM

Newbie comes to forum and asks for investment advice for $100k on 1st post ... no other details of financial situation necessary to give any sensible advice ... nobody suspects trolling ??

But what does it change if he's trolling? It doesn't invalidate the question.

It's not about whether the question can be answered or not. It's about whether it should be.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:56:54 PM

No, 6-12 is too short term. While I am almost certain the price will be over 800 this year - specifically, over 600 in July and over 900 in December based on baseline exponential trend - there is also a slight possibility that it won't, so you should leave some room for several years in the red. If that's fine with you, then sure, start investing now.

i am satoshi
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:13:55 PM

Yet another thread where someone asks a question. The question is answered in the first page, the OP is never heard from again.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:22:51 PM

Hello people, I got a really important question(s), is it worth to invest my $100k into bitcoins now? I am planning to let them for 6-12 months, would I get any profit on it? Tell me honestly, thank you.

it's very risky right now as it is in a strong downtrend. I would not invest in falling market. Shorting this shitcoin on the other hand could be a good idea. 'trend is your friend'

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:30:56 PM

So a finnish clown investor got lucky buying in the early days and made a fortune.

Then he opened a thread "calling the bottom" at $600-$500 literally days before the big downtrend that eventually took us where we are now, under $300.
Then he "invested" into a scam shitcoin and told everybody to put money in it. That shitcoin crashed too days/weeks after his shilling.

I remember that idiot, he was a pompous moron with mental issues.

Pompous Cheesy what a funny word. I will add it to my dictionary.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:17:45 AM

$100k, i think better put up a biz rather than letting it sit for 6mos doing nothing.

DrBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:25:51 AM

I call bullshit. No one with 100K to invest would ask such a dumb question in such a juvinile way. Will I make profit?

I call bullshit.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:39:37 PM

I call bullshit. No one with 100K to invest would ask such a dumb question in such a juvinile way. Will I make profit?

I call bullshit.

Of course it is bullshit, but it is a nice topic for discussion anyway - whether or not now is a good time to invest. The fact that it has been asked two million times already and the answers did not change is another problem...

i am satoshi
mpow

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:57:53 PM

IIWUIW keep cash on hand for an eminent 2015 equity market dip or crash and get you some good value prices.   
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:04:41 PM

Hello people, I got a really important question(s), is it worth to invest my $100k into bitcoins now? I am planning to let them for 6-12 months, would I get any profit on it? Tell me honestly, thank you.

Well, no one knows. If you invested in January 2014, you'd be down 50%. If you invested in January 2013, you'd be up... well, a lot! Since we're quite down at the moment, this may very well be a good time. But please make up your own mind. Caveat emptor!

wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:08:41 PM

Anytime someone asks if they should invest $100k in bitcoin the answer should always be, YES! GREAT IDEA! GO FOR IT! ...and give us a heads-up on when you'll be buying, and on which exchange.

Also, follow Hyena's advice to drive all the children and breastfeeding women out of your neighborhood. I did and now my delts, quads, and gluts are massive. I'm selling the surplus testosterone on ebay.
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:07:25 PM

Anytime someone asks if they should invest $100k in bitcoin the answer should always be, YES! GREAT IDEA! GO FOR IT! ...and give us a heads-up on when you'll be buying, and on which exchange.

Also, follow Hyena's advice to drive all the children and breastfeeding women out of your neighborhood. I did and now my delts, quads, and gluts are massive. I'm selling the surplus testosterone on ebay.

If you buy 100k worth across 2 or 3 exchanges, across a couple of days, you don't really move the market. You could also just wait for an appropriate wall during a run-up or run-down. That kind of money isn't as big as it may sound.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:17:21 PM

If you buy 100k worth across 2 or 3 exchanges, across a couple of days, you don't really move the market. You could also just wait for an appropriate wall during a run-up or run-down. That kind of money isn't as big as it may sound.

Even if you buy it all at market price on one leading exchange, you won't make much of a dent. This is, since autumn 2013, small peanuts. 200-300 coin purchases are norm, market movers start at 1k coins and only if thrown at critical moments. Bitcoin is not doge, it's some serious shit, even if immature a little, it is already playing in the grown-up league with 8 digits of daily volume.

i am satoshi
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:18:12 PM

there are plenty of people with literally thousands of coins working hard to see btc doesnt fail
people have some very interesting ideas such as roger ver and the winklevoss twins among others

nothing except death is certain in this life but i think this would be a great time to get 100k worth of btc
IF you are not in a great rush to see returns

i believe they will come ,but it maybe in 3-6 months or 2-5 years etc

we know it can rise fast on good news ,imagine the next good news is the ETF being launched and coins are
traded as legit assetts on wall st or the reward halfing i imagine will double the price of coins used

expect more darknet sites too as well as more legit vendors combined with a scarcity of btc and youve easily
doubled your money if not tripled it or maybe even more .........
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:20:48 PM

there are plenty of people with literally thousands of coins working hard to see btc doesnt fail
people have some very interesting ideas such as roger ver and the winklevoss twins among others

nothing except death is certain in this life but i think this would be a great time to get 100k worth of btc
IF you are not in a great rush to see returns

i believe they will come ,but it maybe in 3-6 months or 2-5 years etc

we know it can rise fast on good news ,imagine the next good news is the ETF being launched and coins are
traded as legit assetts on wall st or the reward halfing i imagine will double the price of coins used

expect more darknet sites too as well as more legit vendors combined with a scarcity of btc and youve easily
doubled your money if not tripled it or maybe even more .........

Exactly. Also I don't see a reason why BTC should fail now. There's so much more innovation and improvements coming every week than back in 2011 or 2012, maybe even 2013. It could take another year, but we will go up again eventually.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:22:22 PM

...Bitcoin is not doge, it's some serious shit, even if immature a little, it is already playing in the grown-up league with 8 digits of daily volume.

sure...

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:25:36 PM

This must be a troll buy anyway, don't go all in in BTC, diversify with 4 more crypto options, just in case one of them comes out a winner.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:42:16 PM

This must be a troll buy anyway, don't go all in in BTC, diversify with 4 more crypto options, just in case one of them comes out a winner.

i would say the opposite ,alts are mainly all pump and dump so people can get more btc anyway before the alts are dumped leaving them near worthless
i would just get btc when prices are this low

theres plenty of people who have faith in btc and the ecosystem that is being built around it

look how much some people have invested and they dont seem to be cashing out in any kind of panic :

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top500
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: