Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:21:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: xs1vulcan Scammed Me!  (Read 940 times)
RyEter (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:38:40 PM

What Happened?
This user sells different accounts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881508.0
I bought a DirecTV account from him, and he did not give me the account.
He has been doing this to many users, as you can see from the comments made on page 2 of his post.

Scammer's Profile Link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=399536

Payment Method
I paid him through PayPal.

Messages Sent to Him
Unfortunately I deleted the messages he sent me. I delete messages that are not really that important to me.

Amount Scammed
0.1048BTC
$30 USD

Proof of Payment
http://imgur.com/FqZExSa

Please help me guys.
It would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:44:47 PM

should've used escrow, but yes it does seem like many people are having the same issue with this seller.

at least you can perhaps open a dispute on paypal since you paid with that method. you probably wont get your money back since paypal doesn't protect buyers for digital goods/services but if he gets enough disputes from all the ppl he scammed then his account might get locked.
RyEter (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:54:58 PM

should've used escrow, but yes it does seem like many people are having the same issue with this seller.

at least you can perhaps open a dispute on paypal since you paid with that method. you probably wont get your money back since paypal doesn't protect buyers for digital goods/services but if he gets enough disputes from all the ppl he scammed then his account might get locked.

He asked me to send the money as a gift, so I am not able to dispute the transaction.
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:42:11 AM

He asked me to send the money as a gift, so I am not able to dispute the transaction.

very unfortunate then. looking at the thread it seems like he was planning on scamming as much as you can anyway.

in the future an escrow would likely help prevent this type of fraud.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
xs1vulcan

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:29:53 AM

What??? you never payed me $30. You only payed $8. That is one lie. Wait two days and I will try to get you the account. I'm in a serious condition. Therefore, I will try to get all the account, for all the customers that bought from me. Give me two days. If you don't receive the account within two days, you can report me to the admin.
RyEter (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:40:26 PM

What??? you never payed me $30. You only payed $8. That is one lie. Wait two days and I will try to get you the account. I'm in a serious condition. Therefore, I will try to get all the account, for all the customers that bought from me. Give me two days. If you don't receive the account within two days, you can report me to the admin.

You have already been reported.
Also I did pay you $30.
I have showed proof.

I have waited long enough, you have said this numerous times.

RyEter (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:55:23 PM

Guys how do I get my money back?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 05:26:15 PM

Wait two days and I will try to get you the account. I'm in a serious condition.

Are you trying to pull the "I'm in hospital/seriously ill" card...? Or something similar, just not with illness?

Either way, the guy is sketchy. Until this is resolved I wouldn't buy accounts from him.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
xs1vulcan

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:39:17 PM

LOL
you only payed $8. not $30. I will take a screenshot of all the transactions that were made. No one EVER purchased accounts from me for more than 16 dollars. You liar
LOL Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: