Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:57:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to trade with profit.  (Read 1968 times)
unusualfacts30 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:06:52 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 06:18:43 AM by unusualfacts30

I've lost around 8+ BTC in crypto. Why?

Because I was stupid enough to fall in love with a coin and result was not something I wanted. As much as I like the technology I also hate how some of the coins are so volatile. I was never a big fan of "trading" but to cover my loss I was left with no choice. Anyways, if you're losing money in crypto you can use this as guideline to make some money or cover your loss.

1.) Never fall in love with any crypto.

2.) Never buy at "Asking price"

3.)  If it's 3+ months old coin like SDC, BC, DRK. Monitor all time chart and get a feel of price movement of last 1 week.  For example: BC has been floating around 8-11k. If you put buy order at 8k it goes through within a day or two. Same goes for SDC it floats above 21k and if you put order below that price it goes through when it dips and then it returns back to 21k+

4.) If you're trading shitcoin don't risk more than you can afford and do not IN ANY CONDITION hold it for longer than 1 week. Again, lookout if it dip. NKMT was dipped to 30 sat and it returned back to normal. Most people panicked and those who had their buy orders ready doubled their money within 5 minutes.

5.) Spread. Coins that have maximum spread can get you more return as long as you put your order at BID price. SMBR had spread of 49% in the morning. Quick money was there for those who had their eyes opened. You should never buy at ASKING price EVER!

Do not take my advice as something hard coded. Use your own brain and experience. Do not get emotional and never try to fight the market because you can't. Some people might tell you "oh this coin is for long term don't worry about the dump" I say fck em. There are only handful of crypto that have been succesful and you can see their price don't go from 1 sat to 1000 sat within a week.

If anyone else have good advice. Feel free to share it. I think lot of traders and newbies can learn from us who have been here for years.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:50:35 AM

Here is an example of how to trade with profit. Just made some BTC to show you guys. Again this comes with risk as everything else and I"m not bullshitting you when I say I've learned how to trade with profit because of experience. If you had seen my portfolio month ago it was filled with negatives but not anymore.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MomoCoin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:57:08 AM

Undecided Losses are hard to take sometimes but it teaches us hard earned lessons most of the time  Smiley

I do agree, never trade emotionally.

Buy the f******* dip!  Grin

@MomoCoins
https://twitter.com/MomoCoins
No, I am not a coin.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:57:52 AM

Because I was stupid enough to fall in love with a coin and result was not something I wanted. As much as I like the technology I also hate how some of the coins are so volatile. I was never a big fan of "trading" but to cover my loss I was left with no choice. Anyways, if you're losing money in crypto you can use this as guideline to make some money or cover your loss.

3.)  If it's 3+ months old coin like SDC, BC, DRK. Monitor all time chart and get a feel of price movement of last 1 week.  For example: BC has been floating around 8-11k. If you put buy order at 8k it goes through within a day or two. Same goes for SDC it floats above 21k and if you put order below that price it goes through when it dips and then it returns back to 21k+

4.) If you're trading shitcoin don't risk more than you can afford and do not IN ANY CONDITION hold it for longer than 1 week. Again, lookout if it dip. NKMT was dipped to 30 sat and it returned back to normal. Most people panicked and those who had their buy orders ready doubled their money within 5 minutes.

5.) Spread. Coins that have maximum spread can get you more return as long as you put your order at BID price. SMBR had spread of 49% in the morning. Quick money was there for those who had their eyes opened. You should never buy at ASKING price EVER!

Do not take my advice as something hard coded. Use your own brain and experience. Do not get emotional and never try to fight the market because you can't. Some people might tell you "oh this coin is for long term don't worry about the dump" I say fck em. There are only handful of crypto that have been succesful and you can see their price don't go from 1 sat to 1000 sat within a week.

If anyone else have good advice. Feel free to share it. I think lot of traders and newbies can learn from us who have been here for years.

please give us your list of coins that aren't shit coins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:09:03 AM

please give us your list of coins that aren't shit coins.

SDC, BC, LTC, DRK, NXT, URO

When I say "shitcoins" I don't mean if they're good or bad since that's not upto me to judge any coin. I'm specifically talking about volatility. If a coin jumps around from 1 sat to 150 sat within few hours I put it as shitcoin in my list and I trade it with extreme caution.

Anything that doesn't move at the speed of light and gives you little profit is not shit and majority of the time I'm just looking for dip so I can get in and take my profit when it goes back to its original position.

Here is an example of SDC which moves around 20k+ on average. If I see it dips to 19 I jump in

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Sumo

Activity: 1098

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:29:21 AM

Do the opposite of what your emotions tell you.

People see a coin rising and they think,,, ooooh aaaaahhh I want to get in that so they buy----WRONG

Coin then drops and they are pissed and scared. They get frustrated and dump----WRONG

BUY LOW SELL HIGH. CHUCK EMOTIONS OUT THE WINDOW
laitela

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:40:16 AM

Buy low sell high.
Or just hold Wink
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:52:34 AM

When I say "shitcoins" I don't mean if they're good or bad since that's not upto me to judge any coin. I'm specifically talking about volatility. If a coin jumps around from 1 sat to 150 sat within few hours I put it as shitcoin in my list and I trade it with extreme caution.

Anything that doesn't move at the speed of light and gives you little profit is not shit and majority of the time I'm just looking for dip so I can get in and take my profit when it goes back to its original position.

You make some good point. I've also traded with emotion in past to join the pump rally and have lost a bit.

But then I learned my lesson and I just look for the stable coins and wait for the dip. Sometimes it takes longer than I expect and teh volume isn't much, but small profit is better than a loss.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:24:20 AM

Buy low sell high.
Or just hold Wink
I think thts pretty obvious. The Op wishes to know, how to know when it is low, and it will be High in the future.
THats the trick to trading with profit.

Activity: 165

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:51:55 PM

If you hate how volatile these currencies are maybe cryptos aren't for you, but it is because of this volatility that makes them so profitable to trade. If it wasnt there would be no money to be made. I'd personally avoid trading alts all together but there is money to be made but it's not that easy as you found out.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:30:30 PM

To make profit, you must have very good knowledge of all crypto market, and only then you can make the money  Grin
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:39:16 PM

Actually never good at trading.

But I ever good at once when stellar start booming, I bought when it just 400 - 500 sat

And then I sold it at 2000 sat  Grin
Skinnyman

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:52:53 PM

To make profit, you must have very good knowledge of all crypto market, and only then you can make the money  Grin

It's not just knowledge but also down to sheer luck of the market. You could be very knowledgeable about all things crytpos but nobody can ever predict the market or when coins are going to be dumped. Sometimes the prices just tank for no apparent reason as well.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

moving average is generally your friend

vince232

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:44:35 PM

thanks for the tips. but i bought at the asking for a couple of times since the price is below of what i first bought the coin plus the thought of the coin of having a large potential

do you think holding for at least a year can make profit or the price of cryptos is to volatile to bet on a good coin?

im betting on vior ,sbit ,sdc
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:00:08 PM

This is actually good advice... following it may allow you to break even.

The biggest problem with alt trading is INABILITY TO SHORT so...

(1)  One can ONLY trade LONG is a market that is falling 90% of the time.

(2)  Exchanges are trading off the blockchain... so they can short on paper or even use your coins to short against you.

Always remember...
Brokers are not your friend, exchanges are not your friend...
And if you think the Coin Pimps on Twitter know anything... just stop trading, please.
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:54:34 PM

thanks for the tips. but i bought at the asking for a couple of times since the price is below of what i first bought the coin plus the thought of the coin of having a large potential

do you think holding for at least a year can make profit or the price of cryptos is to volatile to bet on a good coin?

im betting on vior ,sbit ,sdc

Those are good coins except sbit. I'm not quite sure about that one since it's still pretty new. If you can afford to keep it for a year then sure. Majority of the profit lies in holding good coins for long term

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
unusualfacts30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 09:04:14 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 09:23:58 PM by unusualfacts30

To make profit, you must have very good knowledge of all crypto market, and only then you can make the money  Grin

It's not just knowledge but also down to sheer luck of the market. You could be very knowledgeable about all things crytpos but nobody can ever predict the market or when coins are going to be dumped. Sometimes the prices just tank for no apparent reason as well.

I used to think it was all luck too but it's changing. Believe it or not all my trades have been profitable ever since I've put my "emotions" out of it and just look at technical data. I can't show you how to make 100x profit because you'll have to rely on mercy of big investors for that but it's pretty easy to make little profit on daily basis once you get the rhythm.

Usually there is spike before price go down or up in every market. That's your sign to get in or get out. During big pump there is big spike. Direction of the spike tells you which way price is going to move.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:05:37 AM

great tips here, be wise with your coins and don't ever invest what you can't afford to lose. Wink
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:47:34 PM

In most cases whem there is a pump an dump situation, the one who uses emotions who loses. If you are following the coin properly, you know wen some great news are approaching, so you can get in.

But most of the time what people do is look at the spike in the price and think it is a great opportunity to double their investment - and then they end up losing.

The key is to get in early at th beginning of the pump and not being too greedy (getting out on time without waiting for the ultimate top.price)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: