Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:16:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GeoTechnologies | NO ICO | FAIR PREMINE | INNOVATION  (Read 3661 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:54:09 PM

Hmm... GIS = The Ghost Investigators Society - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ghost-Investigators-Society/236534663661

Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath of the Ghost Investigators Society (G.I.S.)

Is there something you aren't telling us??  Grin

LOL man I hated ghost coin..

GIS (Geographic Information Systems) is a real thing. It is very powerful and useful.  I spent 6 years studying it in school and another 5 years in the industry. We plan to do some really cool stuff. Will get some more info out to the community soon.
And then the infamous hype from the newbie account that just registered yesterday Smiley Cheers to that though man I like that I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on BCT with only 1 account lol No offense my friend and I do wish you and your crews coin the best of luck but I would suggest larger block rewards because you are estimating that your coin will be around for 9 YEARS!! That's like 1,000,000 YEARS in altcoin time my friend Smiley Just saying Smiley Wish you guys the best Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Tobler (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 111

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:36:35 PM

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I understand. What do you think is a fair premine? It can be changed before launch.

Thanks

No no no. WE want to hear what is FAIR premine. Nothing personal. Simple question. What is FAIR premine?
If you tell us: I will take a PART of premine for my HARD work supporting this coin. I will set a bounty for a real help, like promote this coin etc. Not 10K coins for exchange (who knows who are you? maybe you're exchange owner) and things like that.

When you say Fair Premine, people has a question. Fair to whom? To dev, who can dump it on first exchange?

It is very troublous question.

I see, I understand. I think a fair premine would be enough to support the initial developments for this coin. I will be mining and buying as well so I really just think a premine to support initial developments is enough and nothing more. There is a fine line. I want to hold a decent amount of coins so I am even more motivated to get developments up quicker. But I also dont want people to feel it is unfair. I will look over the premine with bounties in consideration. I like your idea of providing bounties for development. I wll use a portion of the premine as a bounty for pools and explorers and of course other things as needed.

In regards to the premine dump concern, I am depressed with the current state of crypto. This is the main reason I developed this coin. We really need to get away from the scams because crypto seems its at rock bottom right now. Geocoin will be around for a long time. The projects we are working on are not quick or simple. Please dont expect a quick pump and dump and this coin is gone forever. This is my project, it is my baby. I plan to work on this project for the rest of my life really. Well there is no "end" in sight. I also have a team of 3 other highly skilled people. I believe crypto needs a few more years to become mainstream and I want this coin to be at the top of the race. I understand I am a stranger on the internet and there is no reason to believe me. The proof will come through our developments. If you are leery, don't invest until you see something that makes you invest.

GeoCoin - Bringing GIS Technologies to the blockchain!
Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:44:36 PM

Hmm... GIS = The Ghost Investigators Society - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ghost-Investigators-Society/236534663661

GIS (Geographic Information Systems) is a real thing. It is very powerful and useful.  I spent 6 years studying it in school and another 5 years in the industry. We plan to do some really cool stuff. Will get some more info out to the community soon.
And then the infamous hype from the newbie account that just registered yesterday Smiley Cheers to that though man I like that I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on BCT with only 1 account lol No offense my friend and I do wish you and your crews coin the best of luck but I would suggest larger block rewards because you are estimating that your coin will be around for 9 YEARS!! That's like 1,000,000 YEARS in altcoin time my friend Smiley Just saying Smiley Wish you guys the best Smiley Cheers

Thanks for the comment. What makes you think this coin won't be around in 9 years? I think this coin will be around much longer than that. Do you think crypto will die? I have a very different opinion.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:48:45 PM

Thanks for the comment. What makes you think this coin won't be around in 9 years? I think this coin will be around much longer than that. Do you think crypto will die? I have a very different opinion.
No I'm just simply putting it out there that all altcoins tend to die off unless they have some real innovation behind them or a really strong community behind it.  So what exactly is this coin offering besides x11 algo and small block rewards? I'm just curious because if you can convince me then I will agree with you on facts that you make clear.  Other than that anyone can say that their coin will be around in 9 years and guess what Ya your coin will be around but it will have been dead for 8 of those 9 years that's all I'm saying.  There is like 2 to 3 new altcoins coming out each and everyday and the majority of them say like 95% are dead or abandoned or just not peaking people's interest anymore.  So please indulge me what makes this coin a 9 year stayer?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:52:51 PM

Nice, is crypto turning around? First a pirate bay coin, and now GIS technology. I am very interested in Geotechnologies as well so I will mine this. But please, give us a roadmap or something more otherwise everyone will think this is just another crypto scam. Pm'd you.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:56:04 PM

Nice, is crypto turning around? First a pirate bay coin, and now GIS technology. I am very interested in Geotechnologies as well so I will mine this. But please, give us a roadmap or something more otherwise everyone will think this is just another crypto scam. Pm'd you.
And here is the 2nd newbie account hyping this coin lol I'm sorry I'm not being rude or dissing you but I like that you would like to see a white paper or roadmap before making the decision to plunge into this coin.  And I agree it is a interesting idea and concept for a coin like no other but I think that they need to market this coin better and make the block rewards higher and not so long of a POW phase because that will turn people right off right away in my opinion.  I'm not saying have only a week POW but maybe make it only 3 years total POW instead of 9! Just a thought Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 06:01:16 PM

And here is the 2nd newbie account hyping this coin lol I'm sorry I'm not being rude or dissing you but I like that you would like to see a white paper or roadmap before making the decision to plunge into this coin.  And I agree it is a interesting idea and concept for a coin like no other but I think that they need to market this coin better and make the block rewards higher and not so long of a POW phase because that will turn people right off right away in my opinion.  I'm not saying have only a week POW but maybe make it only 3 years total POW instead of 9! Just a thought Smiley

2nd newbie account? what u talking about bro? I am long term c-cex trollbox hero, don't you know me?
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:04:13 PM

Yes of course, i play Mage on c-cex and you must be a Hunter level 19. Will you sign my d&d box?
And here is the 2nd newbie account hyping this coin lol I'm sorry I'm not being rude or dissing you but I like that you would like to see a white paper or roadmap before making the decision to plunge into this coin.  And I agree it is a interesting idea and concept for a coin like no other but I think that they need to market this coin better and make the block rewards higher and not so long of a POW phase because that will turn people right off right away in my opinion.  I'm not saying have only a week POW but maybe make it only 3 years total POW instead of 9! Just a thought Smiley

2nd newbie account? what u talking about bro? I am long term c-cex trollbox hero, don't you know me?

andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:04:26 PM

Hi

I can confirm that SecretsofCrypto is a regular on Cex if anybody wonder  Smiley
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:04:34 PM

No just read my first or second post in this thread where I call out the 1st newbie account for hyping the coin and then you came along hyping the coin and I didn't mean no disrespect because you actually wanted to know if there was a white paper or road map for this coin before diving head in Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 06:07:43 PM

Thanks for the comment. Why do you think a long POW will turn people off? The block rewards are actually very high when compared to a year from now so this will reward early adopters. Personally I am not a fan of 100% POS (no work get money) and ICO coins. I think a great coin with POW can bring mining back to crypto. Plus mining fits in with a long term plan of ours (the geominer).

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:12:14 PM

Thanks for the comment. Why do you think a long POW will turn people off? The block rewards are actually very high when compared to a year from now so this will reward early adopters. Personally I am not a fan of 100% POS (no work get money) and ICO coins. I think a great coin with POW can bring mining back to crypto. Plus mining fits in with a long term plan of ours (the geominer).
No I completely agree with you on the mining being the way to go but I just don't think that small of a block reward and that long of a POW is generally the best idea for your project that's all Smiley I just think with the attention span of the average trader being 3 days tops, you got to keep their interest peaked and give them a really really good reason to continue to mine your coin and make it worth their while you know what I'm saying.  So I suggest get a logo for the coin and put up all the Specifications on the OP and make it look a little more professional looking if you want people to take this coin seriously.  Like include a road map and a white paper explaining what you intend to do with your coin and how you think it will be more innovative than other coins that are already out there.  I wish you the best of luck and who knows if you and your team can make this coin more appealing I wouldn't mind interesting other traders and miners to your guys project because I have no problem promoting coins that I think are legit and worth the time and effort Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:22:35 PM

No I completely agree with you on the mining being the way to go but I just don't think that small of a block reward and that long of a POW is generally the best idea for your project that's all Smiley I just think with the attention span of the average trader being 3 days tops, you got to keep their interest peaked and give them a really really good reason to continue to mine your coin and make it worth their while you know what I'm saying.  So I suggest get a logo for the coin and put up all the Specifications on the OP and make it look a little more professional looking if you want people to take this coin seriously.  Like include a road map and a white paper explaining what you intend to do with your coin and how you think it will be more innovative than other coins that are already out there.  I wish you the best of luck and who knows if you and your team can make this coin more appealing I wouldn't mind interesting other traders and miners to your guys project because I have no problem promoting coins that I think are legit and worth the time and effort Smiley Cheers

Ah I see where you are coming from. The coin is not really meant for daytraders. I mean I know it will be traded and all. If someone is unable to hold their mined coins for more than 3 days, I am happy to get my buy orders filled Smiley

The official ANN will have much more information and design so watch for that and please let me know what you think.

In regards to low block rewards. Do you mean relatively higher block rewards? like relative to the total supply? For example are these not the same thing?
A) a coin with a total supply of 100 million coins and a block reward of 100 coins.
B) a coin with a total supply of 1 million coins and a block reward of 1 coin.

So I guess my question is, would you like to see a higher block reward relative to total supply or a higher block reward due to a  higher total supply?

Again thanks for your comment, cheers   Smiley

Alt.Report

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:32:17 PM

Hi there, we are a new service that evaluates coins. GIS technologies are particularly interesting to me. When will the full ANN be out? Best of luck with thisI wouls really like to see happen
Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 05:38:17 PM

Hi there, we are a new service that evaluates coins. GIS technologies are particularly interesting to me. When will the full ANN be out? Best of luck with thisI wouls really like to see happen

We are working on it. Within a few days it will be up. Thanks for you interest.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:16:38 PM

Ah I see where you are coming from. The coin is not really meant for daytraders. I mean I know it will be traded and all. If someone is unable to hold their mined coins for more than 3 days, I am happy to get my buy orders filled Smiley

The official ANN will have much more information and design so watch for that and please let me know what you think.

In regards to low block rewards. Do you mean relatively higher block rewards? like relative to the total supply? For example are these not the same thing?
A) a coin with a total supply of 100 million coins and a block reward of 100 coins.
B) a coin with a total supply of 1 million coins and a block reward of 1 coin.

So I guess my question is, would you like to see a higher block reward relative to total supply or a higher block reward due to a  higher total supply?

Again thanks for your comment, cheers   Smiley
No I have no problem with the total supply I was just saying that if you want people to be interested and to mine your coin you need to up the block reward and maybe instead of 9 years to reach max coin supply make the block reward so that it only takes 3 years maybe.  I'm just saying that not too many people are interested in investing in a coin that is going to take 9 years to mine but that again is just my opinion.  I do like the ideas and concepts behind your coin but I think as an investor and as a miner I would like to see coins that offer a higher block reward and a decent steady growth of the coin.  Like those coins that the total supply is distributed over a week is just ridiculous and miners with high hash power just mine the shit out of them then dump once they hit the markets, so again I'm not against the steady growth of a coin but I do believe that 9 years is a little much for the POW phase Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:22:44 PM

Geocoin isn't that one of Shakezula's templates?
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:33:20 PM

care to explain the definition fair premine ??
Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:49:41 AM

Geocoin isn't that one of Shakezula's templates?

Hi and thanks for your comment. I believe there was another Geocoin a while back. I looked into it but the coin is dead. It never made it to an exchange, wallet does not sync, no connections to the network and no posts on the forum for over 120 days. There was nothing "geo" about that coin either, it was just a simple clone.

Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:57:33 AM

care to explain the definition fair premine ??

I will try to explain the best I can. I think a fair premine would be just enough for the hard work we are putting in for INNOVATIVE GIS features. I really dont think we deserve anything (or very little) for cloning a coin. Of course we haven't shown much yet but we need time for developments and these coins will help with that. I basically hate ICOs because, by design, they are a premine scam. I suppose in theory an ICO run properly isn't a scam but I have never seen that. I want a large community of strong hands that believe in the concept and deliverables (ANN coming soon with all the details).

We also want to put up some bounties to get the community involved.

Please let me know your thoughts, we don't want anyone feeling this is unfair.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: