Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't I use Bitcoin everyday!!  (Read 2857 times)
dyalldough (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:12:52 PM

Its just a matter of time before people start using Bitcoin every day! Remember paypal, webmoney and others?
We use them everyday now don't we?

Paypal and webmoney people don't use everyday... I think that bitcoin is not useful in the normal every day life. Maybe in USA it's possible, but in others countries no...
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:43:06 PM

Infrastructure is still being built. Five years on many more peeps living on bitcoin.
dyalldough (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:27:16 AM

Infrastructure is still being built. Five years on many more peeps living on bitcoin.

We will see it Smiley
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:39:20 AM

Paypal and webmoney people don't use everyday... I think that bitcoin is not useful in the normal every day life. Maybe in USA it's possible, but in others countries no...
Let me rephrase this again: in the Netherlands (Arnhem in particular), you can pay with Bitcoin in all sorts of every day life businesses: hotel, supermarket, bike shop, car business, hair salon, gift shops, tons of bars and restaurants, you name it, and they accept Bitcoin. Several ATMs in town as well. And many more cities (in Europe, USA, everywhere) are following in the same track.

Source: CoinTelegraph

You CAN use Bitcoin every day!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
arvindr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:40:19 AM

Impressions I have are...

#1, Amsterdam, Netherlands very into bitcoin.

#2, 3, 4 etc, Not sure of exact rank but Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, San Fran and bay area, Portland, NYC, London  etc all have active scenes.
You can add Bali, Boston to that as well.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:14:39 AM

I want to know if people are seeing bitcoin pop up as a medium to pay.

Want it in my city, unfortunately, dont see it.

Where are the best places to live that take bitcoin?

Be sides the city which they mention, you can visit Bali, there are hotel, restaurant, merchandise who accept bitcoin.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:00:43 PM

If you want it in your city then why dont you make something in your city and start selling your service or product for Bitcoin? someones got to take the first step

Currently held as collateral by monbux
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:43:45 PM

I want to know if people are seeing bitcoin pop up as a medium to pay.

Want it in my city, unfortunately, dont see it.

Where are the best places to live that take bitcoin?

On my country , only a few merchant that still accept bitcoin.

Bali is the few one.

Bitcoin still need a time to rooting all store as a valid payment

Smiley
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 02:54:09 PM

well some of us can't even use bitcoin for single purpose. because we don't have any options to spend bitcoin in Bangladesh.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:07:18 PM

Why would you even try to use Bitcoin everyday? Card works fine for me, and I don't see why would I take the trouble of paying by Bitcoin when there is no advantage.

I use it at least weekly. Mostly online, but increasingly I find places IRL. The reason I do it is because I care about my private information. Using a card requires giving all the information needed to steal from me to a stranger. Those days are over for me. I also use it for travel. Its' awesome to have money that works all over the world. I also like to OWN my wealth, not store it someone's fed coupons. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

well some of us can't even use bitcoin for single purpose. because we don't have any options to spend bitcoin in Bangladesh.

See it as a chance to create options Grin

dyalldough (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:45:21 PM

Why would you even try to use Bitcoin everyday? Card works fine for me, and I don't see why would I take the trouble of paying by Bitcoin when there is no advantage.

I use it at least weekly. Mostly online, but increasingly I find places IRL. The reason I do it is because I care about my private information. Using a card requires giving all the information needed to steal from me to a stranger. Those days are over for me. I also use it for travel. Its' awesome to have money that works all over the world. I also like to OWN my wealth, not store it someone's fed coupons. 

But the bitcoin may be stolen from you too. So, the different entry fiat money and bitcoin in that case not so much, us we would like it be.
Kazimir
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

But the bitcoin may be stolen from you too.
But with Bitcoin, that is within my own power. I don't have to trust some random stranger, as is the case with credit cards (and to certain extent, with bank accounts as well).

With credit cards, you're essentially giving away your private key to random strangers, hoping they will only withdraw (from your account) what you owe them, and not empty your balance, or store your details in some stupid way so hackers will get their hands on it. Hardly needs explanation why this is wrong on SO many levels. Hence the hundreds of millions (at best, probably billions) of annual credit card fraud. And then there's even people saying "yes, but we're insured against that". Guess who pays that insurance. Hint: not the banks or the credit card companies.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
jwcastle

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:33:19 AM

But with Bitcoin, that is within my own power. I don't have to trust some random stranger, as is the case with credit cards (and to certain extent, with bank accounts as well).

With credit cards, you're essentially giving away your private key to random strangers, hoping they will only withdraw (from your account) what you owe them, and not empty your balance, or store your details in some stupid way so hackers will get their hands on it. Hardly needs explanation why this is wrong on SO many levels. Hence the hundreds of millions (at best, probably billions) of annual credit card fraud. And then there's even people saying "yes, but we're insured against that". Guess who pays that insurance. Hint: not the banks or the credit card companies.

That's why fiat have a central authority to try to stop hackers & thieves. If you dropped your credit card in the middle of the street and someone used it, the bank is going to help you. You'll probably get all your money back even though it was your fault.

With bitcoins, you're on your own. If you dropped your paper wallet, no one is going to help you. The same could be said about cash, but that's why I use plastic instead of cash most of the time.

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
dyalldough (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:07:00 AM

That's why fiat have a central authority to try to stop hackers & thieves. If you dropped your credit card in the middle of the street and someone used it, the bank is going to help you. You'll probably get all your money back even though it was your fault.

With bitcoins, you're on your own. If you dropped your paper wallet, no one is going to help you. The same could be said about cash, but that's why I use plastic instead of cash most of the time.

Both are right , but at the present time you can't use bitcoin as like cards or cash, we need a infrastructure, to spend it where we want, so companies which going to do it, will want to revenue and it means that they grow up the fees for every transaction.
Kazimir
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:58:20 PM

In the end, who's paying for that service, you think?

And besides, I've witnessed enough cases where people were sloppy with their credit card details, got ripped off (due to their own stupidity), and their bank didn't cover them.

With bitcoins, you're on your own. If you dropped your paper wallet, no one is going to help you.
Obviously nobody is gonna walk around with paper wallets (that's explicitly not what they're intended for). And for normal Bitcoin wallets, no one needs to help.
1. Password, so if I lose my wallet, nobody can spend it.
2. Backups, so if I lose my wallet, I can restore it.

Kazimir
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:00:06 PM

but at the present time you can't use bitcoin as like cards or cash, we need a infrastructure, to spend it where we want, so companies which going to do it, will want to revenue and it means that they grow up the fees for every transaction.
Huh? What do you mean, infrastructure. Bitcoin IS its own infrastructure.

I am using Bitcoin on a daily basis, in the same way I was using cards or cash back in the old days. Except faster, and cheaper, and less dependent of 3rd party companies like banks.

dyalldough (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:42:15 AM

but at the present time you can't use bitcoin as like cards or cash, we need a infrastructure, to spend it where we want, so companies which going to do it, will want to revenue and it means that they grow up the fees for every transaction.

I am using Bitcoin on a daily basis, in the same way I was using cards or cash back in the old days. Except faster, and cheaper, and less dependent of 3rd party companies like banks.

But how you using it? I mean, do you use your own wallet? I think no, also, we speak about spending BTC offline, how you going to do that, without infrastructure?
Kazimir
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:16:16 PM

But how you using it? I mean, do you use your own wallet? I think no, also, we speak about spending BTC offline, how you going to do that, without infrastructure?
On my Android phone, I use Mycelium and Bitcoin Wallet. On my iPad, I use breadwallet

All three are excellent, stable, fast, user friendly wallets.

When I come in the supermarket, or in a restaurant, or bar, when it's time to pay, I ask "I'd like to pay that with Bitcoin please" and they say "yes sir!" and grab their own tablet or whatever they have (some shops have got it a cash register interface on a netbook or something, with Bitcoin integrated).

And in 1-2 seconds, I pay with Bitcoin, and done.

As for "offline": I mean spending in an actual, physical, brick-and-mortar shops, rather than online / webshops. Obviously there is still internet involved (as is also the case with bank cards / wire payments, credit cards, etc). But it's 2015, everybody's got mobile data, and there's also WiFi in most places.

Again, read this article on CoinTelegraph from a reporter who tried it and found out for himself just how far every day Bitcoin usage has come already.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:25:49 PM

With a bitcoin wallet on your smartphone.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: