Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:06:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for partners (ideally, designers) to work on bitcoin-related projects.  (Read 959 times)
killerstorm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:06:09 AM

Who

I'm a programmer,  I can implement server-side parts of web sites (among other things). I have many ideas for bitcoin-related projects which I would love to do, and I can probably do all the coding myself.

But I really lack design skills, particularly I hate working on client-side web stuff (but I can do that if absolutely necessary). Also I hate working on projects alone, and also I'm somewhat afraid of responsibility and indecisive.

I'm looking for a person who can do design/copywriting AND/OR can take care of business issues. For example, provide funding, do PR stuff, advertisement, solve legal issues and so on.

(However, if you can neither can provide designs nor can attract funding I don't see how this can go anywhere.)

I'm not really looking for fellow programmers, particularly because I prefer to use rather esoteric programming language (Common Lisp) and would rather do everything myself. But if you really want to work with me I would consider that, I'm a friendly person Smiley.

To make it clear about funding, I could technically fund everything myself, but I just do not want to risk both my time and my money at the same time.

What

You probably want some proof that I'm not an idiot punk, so here's a project I worked on about a year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14059.msg258073

In about a week I developed a prototype of futures exchange, which was actually usable: you can see two users talking about using it. I really wanted to develop it further, but, unfortunately, I just cannot work on it alone.

I'm still interested in developing that project, but I have other ideas.

Particularly, the most exciting one is some wild mix of witcoin, hot-or-not sites and, um, youtipit. More detailed description is available on request.

(So two areas I'm interesting in is speculative/prediction markets and micropayments/donations.)

It's very unlikely that I would work on your idea, though, it might happen only if it's something I wanted to do myself, or you can pay lots of money.

(I'm currently working in a non-bitcoin-related web startup and not interested in job offerings unless they are some small/fun/well-paid things.)

So if you're interested in any way please PM me and we can discuss it further.

Thanks!

Chromia: a better dapp platform
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:09:54 PM

Sorry, I can't help you I guess, but you could be my long lost twin brother... Smiley

I have also 0 design skills and I'm also a fan of Lisp languages (I think Scheme is acually my alltime favorite).

Just to be constructive: I came up with a solution for myself, namely a project that requires 0 design skills (trading app). You might consider a similar approach...

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:39:01 PM

Just use bootstrap for everything. Once your project takes off, hire a designer.

Also, I am looking for people to help work on making the bitcoin extension for chrome more useful.

killerstorm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:00:24 PM

Just to be constructive: I came up with a solution for myself, namely a project that requires 0 design skills (trading app). You might consider a similar approach...

Oh, thanks... Well, that's how I got to that futures exchange project: it was supposed to be some quick project for a warm up. So I've got some half-assed version working, but I didn't have energy to develop it into a serious exchange. In a hindsight maybe it could work if I just propped it up a bit then, but now competition already got serious.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:58:06 PM

There is still a lot of room for improvement on the exchange side. The mtgox ui, the btc-e api, the withdrawal issues...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: