Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first review/post of an s5  (Read 702 times)
dissolution (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:03:00 AM

Just got my S5
Here is a video review I made of unboxing and firing up my brand new S5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTV8d-_ulbM

Can say I am very happy. hit 1150 right out of the box or just above.

Came packed very nice, box was in good shape. Hooked up my EVGA 750 G2, and she was up

First Impression was the volume. It is loud. much louder than I planned.. girlfriend isn't stoked, but I'll keep it downstairs.

Other than that, the fan works amazing. Heat is down to mid 40's. The web interface is very fast too.

It weighs less than the s1 but the price per hash speed was right for me.

I may get a dual fan mod eventually for less volume but if the girlfriend doesn't complain I'll leave it stock and let it run

Have a great day.

BITMAIN_Janet

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:26:53 AM

Shared on facebook Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Skype: yaxuan.ai, +86 18511636219, Twitter:@Janet_Ai_YaXuan
dissolution (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:08:59 PM

AMAZING! thanks for sharing my video

I'll make another one with better quality of the S5.. The more i use it the more I love it

I moved my S1 out into the garage..  It can handle a Canadian winter of -35C or -31F,  last night it actually hit -40f/-40c.

I'll take a video of that soon too.   fans are running as low as they can at 205 GH/s

Need any Canadian testers to see if an S5 will handle our cold winter in a garage? haha jk. Keeping this thing in the house for now though Smiley
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:16:20 PM

Just got my S5
Here is a video review I made of unboxing and firing up my brand new S5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTV8d-_ulbM

Can say I am very happy. hit 1150 right out of the box or just above.

Came packed very nice, box was in good shape. Hooked up my EVGA 750 G2, and she was up

First Impression was the volume. It is loud. much louder than I planned.. girlfriend isn't stoked, but I'll keep it downstairs.

Other than that, the fan works amazing. Heat is down to mid 40's. The web interface is very fast too.

It weighs less than the s1 but the price per hash speed was right for me.

I may get a dual fan mod eventually for less volume but if the girlfriend doesn't complain I'll leave it stock and let it run

Have a great day.

There is a reason the fan is moving that much air. You need to dissipate a certain amount of watts in heat consistently to avoid a catastrophic failure. If you change the fan out, be very careful of the heat produced.
dissolution (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:34:00 PM

I monitor my temps constantly. but thank you for the warning.

I have it running downstairs now so no need to change out the fan actually. temps are very low
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: